JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
White House: Obama Looking to Act 'Administratively, Unilaterally' on Guns
White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Tuesday that President Barack Obama is "always" looking for opportunities to act "unilaterally" again on guns, though he would prefer to work with Congress.

600x39954.jpg
White House principal deputy press secretary Josh Earnest speaks to the media during the daily news briefing at the White House, June 10, 2014. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

"The president's goal is to look for opportunities to act administratively, unilaterally using his executive authority to try to make our communities safer," Earnest said, responding to a question the day that a gunman opened fire at an Oregon high school, killing one student and injuring a teacher. "We're always looking for those opportunities. But none of those opportunities when they present themselves is going to be an acceptable substitute for robust legislative action."

Police said the shooter at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon, was later found dead.

After the December 2012 massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, Obama took 23 executive actions to restrict guns. However, an Obama-backed bill for stronger background checks for gun purchases could not even get enough support to pass the Democratic-controlled Senate.

Obama participated in a Tumblr question and answer session from the White House Tuesday. The question came from a student at the University of California, Santa Barbara, where a campus shooting occurred.

The president said that more executive actions would not be enough.

"If public opinion does not demand change in Congress, it will not change," Obama said. "We don't have enough tools right now to make as big a dent as we need to."

Obama went on to say, "Now it's hard to get even the most minor legislation passed and we should be ashamed."

"Most members of Congress, I have to say to some degree this is bipartisan, terrified of the NRA," Obama said, referring to the nation's largest Second Amendment advocacy group.

During the press briefing, Earnest said Congress should work to prevent future shootings.

"There's no doubt there has been an alarming frequency of tragic incidents of gun violence that are concerning to Democrats and Republicans in Washington but more importantly to people all across the country," Earnest said.

"The question I think really facing lawmakers right now is what common sense steps can Democrats and Republicans take to reduce the likelihood of gun violence," Earnest continued. "And there are some, and they have unfortunately been bottled up in Congress and that is a disappointment to the president. But that's not going to stop the president from continuing to push for administrative steps that we can take to help reduce gun violence."

All this from the"law breaker in chief"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...to-act-administratively-unilaterally-on-guns/

As I've said before it's not in his interest to stop this violence right now, if it was he'd be promoting armed guards in schools and easing of laws for allowing mentally insane to be locked up again until they are stable.

Increased shootings = better chances at disarming more citizens. These victims are a justified sacrifice to their long term misguided goals I'm afraid.

So here is a president that continues to further restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens and effs up the healthcare system then blames the gun owners for the actions of someone who desperately needs mental healthcare hes not getting when he goes whacko....

Eddy cantor, leader of house of Representatives, and gun control republican has lost to David Brat of Virginia. Brat who believes in gun-ownership won by a good margin.

Eddy cantor, leader of house of Representatives, and gun control republican has lost to David Brat of Virginia. Brat who believes in gun-ownership won by a good margin.
"Eric" Cantor.
But yes, it's worth noting that Virginians saw through his pandering.
He started out a pretty decent representative. The toxic nature of D.C. gets to all of them eventually.

By opening his mouth again this clown has just prolonged the ammo, powder, bullet and primer shortage.

He will probably win gun salesman of the year again yet again.

I have to say I agree with Obama 100%. He is absolutely right, we should all be ashamed...

Ashamed of the fact that we elected this anti-gun, anti-freedom, US hating, constitution ignoring blithering idiot of a President to a second term. Ashamed that the leader of this country has little to no respect for the rights of its citizens. Ashamed that he would rather look to other countries for guidance rather than to the documents that form the basis of our country. Ashamed that more people in the US are willing to go along with him than to back candidates that actually love and support this country. Ashamed that our POTUS would rather bow to another world leader than to stand up to terrorists and political bullies like Putin. Ashamed that he gets 'offended' every time someone disagrees with him rather than being man enough to stand up for his beliefs; instead he gets weepy, angry and just plain emotional. Ashamed that we have twice elected a man that cares more about the lives of terrorists in GITMO than our own service people.

Yes, Mr. President, I am ashamed. And until you're out of office, I don't see that changing.

Last Edited:
I noticed on his bio he wrote a couple of books. "An Analysis of the Moral Foundations in Ayn Rand." was one of them. Sounds like an interesting guy. He's also against shoving immigration reform down our throats, something that will in my opinion speed up the demise of our gun rights and thus the demise of the Country as we know it.But is he electable?

I heard yesterday that this is the 74th school shooting since Sandy Hook. While I am still very suspicious about the spark of these shootings (false flag/psychotropic manipulation etc.) I think we need to carefully examine why kids are coming to school and shooting people. Access to firearms by disturbed kids is troubling and can easily erode our 2A rights. It is too bad these events are more used as political opportunities than reason to drill down into this phenomenon and stop it. Please don't misinterpret this comment as giving over to the Left. I am seriously 2A. But killed kids are not a happy thought and having spent years of clinical work with crazy people, I think serious study of this recurring nightmare could shed sufficient light to erriadicate it. If we can stop it in airports, why not schools?

By opening his mouth again this clown has just prolonged the ammo, powder, bullet and primer shortage.

He will probably win gun salesman of the year again yet again.

I like this and don't like this, equally.

I like it, because it's funny. I don't like it, because it's probably going to be the case that the hoarding begins again.

I think we need to carefully examine why kids are coming to school and shooting people.

I believe one of the major contributing factors is disassociation of parents from their children. The US has become a hive with each ant doing its job it its place and no time to connect with the rest. The culture of the country is not very conducive to close connection but instead one of oversight; correction instead of connection. Certainly there are other factors but I feel that, mental illnesses aside, the ability to pick up a weapon with intent to harm shows that there is a lack of empathy that results in apathy and thus; the ability to kill.

I can just visualize little eight year old Barak spelling "infringe" at a spelling bee.. I'm sure he spelled "children" or somesuch.. and got a gold star.

Arizona and Texas borders get overrun by druggies, illegal immigrants, and even the Mexican army, but Barry says nothing.

A shooting in a gun-free zone and Barry is front and center.

Think carefully about who you vote for.

I heard yesterday that this is the 74th school shooting since Sandy Hook. While I am still very suspicious about the spark of these shootings (false flag/psychotropic manipulation etc.) I think we need to carefully examine why kids are coming to school and shooting people. Access to firearms by disturbed kids is troubling and can easily erode our 2A rights. It is too bad these events are more used as political opportunities than reason to drill down into this phenomenon and stop it. Please don't misinterpret this comment as giving over to the Left. I am seriously 2A. But killed kids are not a happy thought and having spent years of clinical work with crazy people, I think serious study of this recurring nightmare could shed sufficient light to erriadicate it. If we can stop it in airports, why not schools?
You need to find another source for the facts about "school shootings." That figure of 74 is a number from a bloomberg study, and reflects all shootings that happened on school properties.
Even if the shooting was the result of 25y/o gang-bangers taking each other out in the pre-dawn hours in a school parking lot over a drug deal gone bad.
which doesn't really qualify as a "school shooting."

That's just bloomie-spin to pad the numbers for his agenda.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...america-since-sandy-hook-heres-what-he-found/

I count 33 bogus "school shootings" this guy has dug up, and one has to wonder how many more are just bloomie-spin.

Last Edited:
You need to find another source for the facts about "school shootings." That figure of 74 is a number from a bloomberg study, and reflects all shootings that happened on school properties.
Even if the shooting was the result of 25y/o gang-bangers taking each other out in the pre-dawn hours in a school parking lot over a drug deal gone bad.
which doesn't really qualify as a "school shooting."

That's just bloomie-spin to pad the numbers for his agenda.

Actually on or near school properties. They really like to skew the numbers in their favor.

Shooting back at the 'We've done nothing about guns' myth

As the drama unfolded in Troutdale yesterday following the fatal shooting at Reynolds High School, President Barack Obama was telling a reporter of his frustration that this country has essentially done nothing to keep guns out of the wrong hands, and today gun rights activists are calling him out.

<broken link removed>

You guys are good!

Why didnt he make a comment last month when that guy shot himself and his daughter, had known mental health issues and Care Oregon F'd up his coverage so he had waited 2 months without being able to see a psychiatrist? Where is the outrage about the abysmal mental health coverage? How much money dumped into the state to add more medicaid patients and zero improvement in mental health care?

That's why I carry in Columbia county. It takes the underpaid and understaffed police 10 minutes to arrive to an emergency, there is one mental health clinic for the entire county that is understaffed and Care Oregon only allows patients to go to that clinic, they have no coverage to go anywhere else.

yeah restrict magazines or handles or how long your gun is. Dont address the real problem though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top