JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Exactly what is he going to do? Buy up old surplus? He's not going to do anything he hasn't done ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING YET why would we think he's going to start doing something besides golf and run his big mouth.

He's got his A.G. working on it furiously! Eradicating civilian guns is a slow, generational process but progress is being made "buddy"!
In case you missed it that was reference to a recent outburst by Eric, not an insult to anyone here btw.

I'm not educated in this displine, but what other country has had the same history as the US, has the same bad azz attitude, has had the same amount of guns, has had the same intestinal fortitude, and was shut down by its political leaders?

He's got his A.G. working on it furiously! Eradicating civilian guns is a slow, generational process but progress is being made "buddy"!
In case you missed it that was reference to a recent outburst by Eric, not an insult to anyone here btw.

What progress is being made besides talking and meeting with irrelevant people ?

P.S. I don't have any issue with brainwashing kids into thinking that violence is bad.

What progress is being made besides talking and meeting with irrelevant people ?

P.S. I don't have any issue with brainwashing kids into thinking that violence is bad.
Plenty of progress happening at the State level with Fed money and influence to assist. Thankfully the line is being barely held for now on the Federal level.
I'm against brainwashing our kids by our govt. for any purpose, but the anti- violence aspect doesn't seem to be working. This extreme emphasis on bullying is setting kids up for unrealistic expectations of total protection against verbal abuse.
We see what happens when Big Brother isn't able to deliver as promised a total "embrace" of a kid's religion, lifestyle, dress, taste in music etc. by other students, or if he actually does suffer some verbal or physical abuse.

The brainwashing against guns Holder talks about IMHO has nothing to do with kids, schools and violence but with control and the gradual disarming of America btw.

I'm not educated in this displine, but what other country has had the same history as the US, has the same bad azz attitude, has had the same amount of guns, has had the same intestinal fortitude, and was shut down by its political leaders?
A fifth column is any group of people who undermine a larger group, such as a nation or a besieged city, from within. The activities of a fifth column can be overt or clandestine. Forces gathered in secret can mobilize openly to assist an external attack. This term is also extended to organized actions by military personnel. Clandestine fifth column activities can involve acts of sabotage, disinformation, or espionage executed within defense lines by secret sympathizers with an external force.

What other Country?, Not sure but some people think this is happening to us in some form.^^^

Plenty of progress happening at the State level with Fed money and influence to assist.

I don't think president or executive branch in general have ability to allocate funds to the states. Please provide specific examples.

The brainwashing against guns Holder talks about IMHO has nothing to do with kids, schools and violence but with control and the gradual disarming of America btw.

Except he talks about violence among kids, and brings up guns as a tool used in violent acts. This is constantly being brought up out of context. But well, it will stay subjective I guess.

What other Country?, Not sure but some people think this is happening to us in some form.^^^

I think what he meant was that both pro- and anti- gun sides like to bring up examples of other countries to illustrate some of their points they're making. Yet US is so unique when it comes to gun culture (and many other things), that none of these examples may be realistically applied here.

This has been on the radar for almost two years. Will it ever be signed into law? Who knows? The 1994-2004 "act" did nothing to curb gun violence and neither will this. BTW, during the 94-04 act I bought plenty of "high capacity" mags and never even thought about the "missing" bayonet lug. In fact I bought my first AR during this and still enjoy shooting it. 30 round mags fit it perfectly.

This has been on the radar for almost two years. Will it ever be signed into law? Who knows? The 1994-2004 "act" did nothing to curb gun violence and neither will this. BTW, during the 94-04 act I bought plenty of "high capacity" mags and never even thought about the "missing" bayonet lug.

Almost two years ? :) That message is nearly identical to what was posted on Obama's election website in 2008, then migrated to whitehouse.gov, and then disappeared for a while only to re-appear now. Of course during all of that time we were hearing how he is going to do stuff, and when he got re-elected it was said now he is REALLY going to do stuff... well, maybe he will :) But of course we got a sticky thread about it...

[QUOTE
I don't think president or executive branch in general have ability to allocate funds to the states. Please provide specific examples.
][/QUOTE]

Fed money for grants to State Universities for gun violence research has been freed up but that's all I think. Who knows what favors and influence goes on for sure, they're Politicians! The rhetoric on the other hand has a BIG influence on left leaning States as Obama has "The Bully Pulpit".
You're correct that he hasn't moved the ball forward Federally like he wants but he ain't out of office yet. Healthcare has been the priority. Maybe Healthcare is the stepping stone he needed to push gun control?

Fed money for grants to State Universities for gun violence research has been freed up but that's all I think.

I know NRA has been trying to block things like that. What is the reason ? Are they afraid some data may come out harmful for them ? I don't remember if that was SCOTUS or the 9th Circuit, but one of the judges said a few years ago something like "gun rights are not about who got better statistics..."

most armor is only "bullet resistant", these guys are trying to open a pandoras box of definitions. most all centerfire rifles will put a hole in a Leo's armor, most wear level 2 or 3A, anything more is just too uncomfortable for daily use. I wore 2 or 2a for a while, good for punk rounds like .25 acp,380 or 38 special. I suppose everything else could be considered armor piercing.

most armor is only "bullet resistant", these guys are trying to open a pandoras box of definitions. most all centerfire rifles will put a hole in a Leo's armor, most wear level 2 or 3A, anything more is just too uncomfortable for daily use. I wore 2 or 2a for a while, good for punk rounds like .25 acp,380 or 38 special. I suppose everything else could be considered armor piercing.
I think this is all about # 5 on the list.
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and PROSECUTE gun crime

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads