JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is also a danger in thinking of the problem as "them" and "us".

It dehumanizes "them" whoever "them" is.
Of course, the powers that be are such humanitarianso_O
Growing up dirt poor, rural, native/hispanic, I could tell you a lot about our 'loving, inclusive, nurturing' government that never included 'us' as one of 'them.'

Last Edited:
There is also a danger in thinking of the problem as "them" and "us".

It dehumanizes "them" whoever "them" is.
Is it any different than the way they look at us? They are...them ...we are ...us. we vote in ideas and promises and we get lied to. They set their politics to mirror what the majority wants and as soon as they are in office presto a whole new idiot appears

Is it any different than the way they look at us? They are...them ...we are ...us. we vote in ideas and promises and we get lied to. They set their politics to mirror what the majority wants and as soon as they are in office presto a whole new idiot appears

No - not really different.

But the first step in avoiding a trap is realizing it is there.

People are manipulated by others using the "us" vs. "them" ploy.

No - not really different.

But the first step in avoiding a trap is realizing it is there.

People are manipulated by others using the "us" vs. "them" ploy.
It's also a ploy to insist that 'they' are 'us'. Those are polar extremes conceptually, and such black and white statements that ignore the realities of the shades of grey, are expressions of wishful thinking. Yes avoid the traps, but don't abandon critical thinking and one's valid observations, even one's instinct, because it's not politically correct, or for whatever reasons. The doctrine of uber-tolerance even while facing clear threats and blatant violence from our own government or others, only fuels the people's tolerance of being victimized. I'm not a Reagan fan, but there is something to be said about "trust but verify." And for the same reason I own guns, I think critically about everything so as not to be a victim.

I do not believe in political correctness...ask anyone that know me...I also don't trust ANY politician. I admire Trey Gowdy for his tenacity and some of the things he said but at the end of the day proof is in the puddin. Trust nobody, believe in nobody but yourself. The only issues that are grey are ones that cannot easily be quantified. 2nd ammendment stance is a black and white issue. Politicians are grey issues not to be trusted.

Which is what worries me about Trump! He hasn't fully stated his position or his full intentions on the gun issues and where he stands on the 2nd! He could easily pull a Slick Willy and stick it to us on the guns and 2nd! We just have to hope he holds true to what little he has actually said!

Not even that, because if you read his own words he's doing a John Kerry Flipflop. (In his book The America We Deserve, he advocated for AWBs.)

He's never even acknowledged his prior position, never mind explained the change.

Which is what worries me about Trump! He hasn't fully stated his position or his full intentions on the gun issues and where he stands on the 2nd! He could easily pull a Slick Willy and stick it to us on the guns and 2nd! We just have to hope he holds true to what little he has actually said!
I hate to even have to rely on 'hope' when talking about what a politician will or won't do. Nowadays, all one can do is 'hope' because no politician can be believed or taken at their word. Hope is a last a resort, not a way of life unless you're injured prey. I've decided that I'm going to retain my dignity (and maybe my soul) and not vote for any presidential candidate; heck, I'm in Oregon, a die hard blue state so all the electoral college votes are going to Hildabeast. I'll certainly vote for everything else, but I'm not giving any credence to a pathological lying career criminal or to a megalomaniacal narcissist who talks like one of the dumber Soprano meat heads.

One question: how can you expect a man who habitually screws over everyone that crosses his path to not make you the next notch on his Con Man belt if you give him the opening?

Here in WA/OR our EV's are already cast for Hitlery, so I have nothing to lose voting for Gary Johnson.

Evil, Crazy Evil or Stoner? At least the latter's gonna be too busy getting buzzed to make much trouble... lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top