JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Allot of big talk in this thread. When the ATF is here during an inspection I will invite over anyone that wants to spout off to them. :) Seriously if your in the business and they come over, you make sure all your t's are crossed and i's are dotted. Spout off and they close you down and inspect for a week and look for anything and everything.
Oh just to be clear the federal government issues licenses not individual states..

YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO OWN WHAT YOU HAVE TODAY, IF WE HAD NO NRA, SO QUIT BAD MOUTHING THEM.
upload_2016-8-2_23-50-13.png

If anybody thinks a petition to Obugger will do any good, you're welcome to try your luck on this one...
<broken link removed>
Needs about 96k signatures before 9/5.

I expect it'll do nothing more than be datamined to add to the Enemies List, but...

I can also see a Disproportionate Impact argument in the courtroom when a little guy tinkering with his own gun in his basement is unreasonably subjected to the same regulatory burdens as International Merchants of Death like HK, Glock and FN Herstal...

Government never stops where we think it is reasonable for them to stop. Just look at "asset forfeiture" laws...

Just one more step to the Revolution.

What needs to happen is for all of us to grow a pair and stand up and proclaim we are "NOT" going to comply, in my case, I'm going to modify guns to improve accuracy via drilling and milling and threading etc and if they want to arrest me for it, then they can.

Let the Nazi bastards get away with intimidating you and they win, that is their plan.

I am going to ad these exact words to my business description:

I modify guns to improve accuracy via drilling and milling and threading.

Tell every gunsmith you know to ad those words to their business description.

Every one of us should buy an old gun then drill and tap [thread] it on video then post it on YouTube in defiance, stand up now while we can. We can back them down but not unless we take action...

I absolutely refuse to let these bastards instill any fear in me, not one bit, never ever....

Robert

Last Edited:
AFTER A UN-ANNOUNCED ATF SPOT INSPECTION AND AUDIT LAST WEEK...

I hold a Class 07 FFL because I Gunsmith, and do Cerakote work.
From the ATF, they told me to my face, that by the new decree from Obama, and the ATF, that...

"Enhance" to the ATF means "Manufacture" IF I OWN THE GUN, AND INTEND TO RE-SELL IT.

If I Cerakote it, or drill/tap and install a scope, thread a barrel, etc. etc. or take an 870 pump and turn it into a home defense weapon, I've have "enhanced" it, therefore I've "Manufactured" it.

Under this scenario I have to pay the big yearly fees, and also pay a tax on each item that I own and have "enhanced/manufactured".

IF... I do any of these things FOR a client then I'm just a Gunsmith, and the above does not apply.

The yearly fees, the taxes, and the amount of paperwork involved does not make this scenario worth my while any longer. If it were a full-time business, perhaps I would try and stick it out. Nonetheless, as a part-timer, I'm done!

AFTER A UN-ANNOUNCED ATF SPOT INSPECTION AND AUDIT LAST WEEK...

I hold a Class 07 FFL because I Gunsmith, and do Cerakote work.
From the ATF, they told me to my face, that by the new decree from Obama, and the ATF, that...

"Enhance" to the ATF means "Manufacture" IF I OWN THE GUN, AND INTEND TO RE-SELL IT.

If I Cerakote it, or drill/tap and install a scope, thread a barrel, etc. etc. or take an 870 pump and turn it into a home defense weapon, I've have "enhanced" it, therefore I've "Manufactured" it.

Under this scenario I have to pay the big yearly fees, and also pay a tax on each item that I own and have "enhanced/manufactured".

IF... I do any of these things FOR a client then I'm just a Gunsmith, and the above does not apply.

The yearly fees, the taxes, and the amount of paperwork involved does not make this scenario worth my while any longer. If it were a full-time business, perhaps I would try and stick it out. Nonetheless, as a part-timer, I'm done!
Welcome to "FAET" my friend. We pay this quarterly because we build ARs. I took a class about it at SHOT last year from some shady lawyers from the North East, think their big client was Colt. Anyway, if you do anything to a firearm to improve it's value you are required to pay the FAET. This is the money that goes in to the Pittman-Robertson grant supposedly. 11% tax on rifles.

DDTC registration is the shady one. It was never intended to be used on internal business. It was intended to be for companies exporting to stop foreign governments from arming themselves with US weapons. Then the State Department decided it should force everyone to register even if your items are not exported, then it cranked up the cost and timing of the fees. It used to be a few hundred dollars every 4 or 5 years. Now it's $2250 EVERY year, even if you never export anything.

Look on the bright side :) . If you paying the $2250 might as well get the SOT. Do enough transfers and it will pay for itself plus you get to make post samples.

Welcome to "FAET" my friend. We pay this quarterly because we build ARs. I took a class about it at SHOT last year from some shady lawyers from the North East, think their big client was Colt. Anyway, if you do anything to a firearm to improve it's value you are required to pay the FAET. This is the money that goes in to the Pittman-Robertson grant supposedly. 11% tax on rifles.

DDTC registration is the shady one. It was never intended to be used on internal business. It was intended to be for companies exporting to stop foreign governments from arming themselves with US weapons. Then the State Department decided it should force everyone to register even if your items are not exported, then it cranked up the cost and timing of the fees. It used to be a few hundred dollars every 4 or 5 years. Now it's $2250 EVERY year, even if you never export anything.
Yes. And nothing for a part timer to do about. If she elected this country as we know
Look on the bright side :) . If you paying the $2250 might as well get the SOT. Do enough transfers and it will pay for itself plus you get to make post samples.
Not where I live. No population base. You need lotsa humans and we don't have that out here in the sticks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top