JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently this just happened:
Obama regime targets gunsmiths with new executive order - Personal Liberty® (http://personalliberty.com/obama-regime-targets-gunsmiths-new-executive-order/)
So the wording, at least from the article, is so problematic, it seems to be open to draconian interpretation. That is, is designed for draconian interpretation and enforcement. But how on earth is this kind of thing going to enforced? Or maybe this is not as far reaching as the article title paints in a broad stroke? From the document
"Applicability of the ITAR Registration Requirement to Firearms Manufacturers and
Gunsmiths" <broken link removed> it says:
ITAR registration is required of persons who engage in the business of manufacturing defense articles. Persons who do not actually manufacture ITAR-controlled firearms (including by engaging in the activities described below, which DDTC has found in specific cases to constitute manufacturing) need not register with DDTC– even if they
have an FFL from ATF"

But in the document, under the heading "2. Registration Required - Manufacturing" has some types of gunsmithing that are alarmingly listed.

Any FFL/Professional Gunsmiths have a take on this, and what it means for us 'hobby' gunsmiths?

So is it virtually going for 80%ers? Thats kind of how I read it. Basically if you make a gun, your in the business of making guns, hence without licensing and paying fees, your a criminal?

"Modifications to a firearm that change round capacity;"

So, changing a magazine? Removing a shotgun plug? Good luck getting a peep out of anyone.

"Who threaded your barrel?"

"Came that way."

Hard to make out exactly what they are after! Is it a manufacture? a "smith" a Private citizen? ALL the above? None? How the hell do they think they can enforce any of this, and how do they define who it effects? last I checked we have an overreaching fed agency to handle all the firearms laws, now we have another unheard of agency in charge of firearms? One solely for procurement of military weapons, and systems, From off shore vendors and providers! W.T.F!!!

Reno911
YOU"RE WRONG . . . WRONG, I say!
As far as the emperor and his minions are concerned you are a criminal if you do now or ever have even thought about a firearm!! You are a danger to society as they picture it and you are to be re-educated or eradicated !!!!

Sheldon

Looks to be targeting reloaders too... This is why I've been getting so bubblegumy about ITAR of late, because I saw this horsecrap coming--the ITAR statutes are so vaguely worded that literally anything made by the human hand can be tortured to be classified as military materiel subject to its slithering tentacles. (And even NOT--livestock and agriculture = "Military Food Rations Materiel," so even just raising one or two beef or dairy cattle or a chicken-coop in your yard is potentially within their purview.)

Looks to be targeting reloaders too... This is why I've been getting so bubblegumy about ITAR of late, because I saw this horsecrap coming--the ITAR statutes are so vaguely worded that literally anything made by the human hand can be tortured to be classified as military materiel subject to its slithering tentacles. (And even NOT--livestock and agriculture = "Military Food Rations Materiel," so even just raising one or two beef or dairy cattle or a chicken-coop in your yard is potentially within their purview.)
It has long been illegal to sell your own reloaded ammo without an FFL. That's nothing new.

Again, an overreaching fed agency that no one has ever heard of, sticking it's hands down our throats and pulling all sorts of stuff to make you and I a felon! No off to camp for reeducation!:mad::mad::mad:

O BOY, O BOY!!! Cant wait to stack up the felonies!!! Add me to the list, please:mad:
Seriously, exactly who will be enforcing all these felonies? A yet to be determined illegal gov organisation suddenly granted the powers of armed enforcement? Like the 70+ "other" gov agencies with executive ordered armed enforcement powers are not all ready enough? REALLY?????

1) Another way to make good citizens into criminals. Like buying a 40oz drink in NY.
2) Possibly leading up to gun inspections.
3) Just another way to see how far they can infringe on rights.

SO, If I am reading all this Nonsense correctly, They just banned ALL firearms!!! Holy Ch!T batman! Where is the friggin NRA? Where are all the other firearms groups! Guys, READ THAT ORDER!!!! ANY and ALL firearms now fall under the categories listed as "modified" from OEM specification! I See the loopholes are now effectively closed! You and I now will be forced to pay over 2K for each year we wish to own a firearm! Grab yer ankles, the big show just started!!! THIS is How you Infringe with out infringing! Killery was correct, she isn't coming after our guns, Obummer just outlawed them!!! Now comes the non compliance and confiscation!

According to the presidential <broken link removed>, firearm modifications that do not require "drilling, cutting, or machining" are NOT affected by the new rules.

Looks like simple stuff like furniture change, cosmetic stuff that does not require tooling are ok. I think they are looking at threaded bbls.. milling out receivers like on the sks..that sort of stuff is what they want stopped...first

According to the presidential <broken link removed>, firearm modifications that do not require "drilling, cutting, or machining" are NOT affected by the new rules.

Looks like simple stuff like furniture change, cosmetic stuff that does not require tooling are ok. I think they are looking at threaded bbls.. milling out receivers like on the sks..that sort of stuff is what they want stopped...first
If you so much as turn a screw to install a scope You have modified your fire arm! You Improve it's performance!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top