JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok - I have been accused of being a lefty. a libertard and such - could someone intelligently please define what a libertard is, or a lefty so that these words are more than just name calling?

James Ruby
Maaaaybe, this will help,

Libertard or libtard, there's a difference ? "Lefty" One who's politics lean waaay to the "Left," but I think you know what's meant.
Let me google that for you

Our founders would be appalled that a President of the United States could launch the country into an armed conflict half a world away without a formal declaration of war by Congress.
That is true. The fact is that WWII was the last time congress declared war as they are supposed to do. Korea and Vietnam were never "declared wars" and Congress passed the war powers act after Vietnam but have not followed it.
Lebanon, Grenada, Iraq 1, Bosnia, Iraq 2, Afghanistan and the Libyan conflict were all done without a formal war declaration.

Maybe before you continue your 'astute' channeling the founders you should look up Jefferson and the Barbary War.
Always good to see you know your stuff!

Ok - I have been accused of being a lefty. a libertard and such - could someone intelligently please define what a libertard is, or a lefty so that these words are more than just name calling?

James Ruby

It's anyone who disagrees with the status quo of mental afflictions, and ignorance, displayed in these posts on a daily basis.
They will allways accuse you of being brainwashed while ignorning the fact they beat on the same cheap right wing media pan, and endlessly repeat lies custom brewed for them in right wing think tanks. They will also defend, to the death the right of the money in this country to pollute, abuse workers, and not share the wealth, while calling you a commie if you say anything factual like the upper 20% own 96% of the wealth in this country.

As I've said before this site seeks, and worships, the ubberbubba. They still love W for his wonderful impression of Yosemite Sam, playing the dupe perfectly to Bin Laden's Buggs Bunny. They resent smart people, for example they all think they know more than the worlds climate scientists because they listen to the voice of truth, beauty, and justice on the AM dial.

Their best comic element is that they manage to take themselves far more seriously than any intelligent person every could.

Again with the excuses, leaders lead, losers blame, Obama is no leader. I honestly think Hillary Clinton would have been a 1000% better leader than Obama.

Honestly, given the resession that was passed on, a totally uncooperative group of Repubs who did nothing for two years for political advantage, endless right wing media attacks and the resulting brainwashing, I believe Obama and the last congress managed to get a lot done. The health care reform law was huge and it does many good things, it could have been better but look at how much kvetching the righties are having over it even in its watered down form. This law dwarfs any of the accomplishments of W, with the possible exception of the two wars he got us in that so far have cost jointly far more than it would take to run the health care reform law for the next 25 years at current pricing levels. Of course, the health care law actually helps some Americans while, well, what can we say about these wars!

I have no idea how bad the economy would be without the actions of Bush, Obama and the congress, and either does anyone else. I personaly believe a lot of these actions saved our system, though again if the system had been saved to my liking many righties heads would explode, this is because punishment was due to many of the financial giants that were given the spoils of their fallen comrades.

As I look at the list of what the last congress manged to get done I'm struck by the depth of it, and I can only wonder why you think this is a result of bad leadership? If you really favor the Repubs then you must think that good leadership is doing noting but obstruct, and now, micromanaging the gov via 2 weeks tax approvals. I suppose if you think the mob was an example of good leadership, and your really like thug tactics, then I see your point.

I am leaving this conversation but before I go I will admit to being confused ( bear with me )- this is why, I have always been around guns all my life, as far back as I can remember, in the last two weeks I have added two pistols to my collection, I am a member of the NRA, I belong to a club, I have given away fiearms rifles and handguns to friends and or families that I felt needed them more than I because I felt that the best way to ensure that I can keep my firearms is to ensure that others have them as well. I take my next door neighbors kid shooting and am just waiting til I get the permission of his parents/ grand parents to take him to hunter safety and I have set aside a rifle for him. I have taught several people to reload. I am a Vet and I have only ever used unemployment up to this point in my life for four months in the last 34 years. Both of my brothers are vets. I am always willing to pay and provide the ammunition the first time I take anyone shooting and have taken several people out for the thier first time shooting. My dad taught 4-H and was a NRA instructor. My grandfather was a lifetime member of the NRA. I have a ccw and have had it for over ten years and use it.

Now the only thing that I can think of that makes me a lefty, Un-American and or libertard is that I voted for obama and would do so again. I lost a business due to economic down turn that occurred under GW and continues under Obama. To be fair I will contribute 60% of failure to the economy and will accept the other 40% of the responsibility though I dont know what we did wrong. The banks that support the SBA do so at the detriment of the small business owner.

The second is that I do not want every moron or convict running around with a gun. to my way of thinking there are some people that should not have access to firearms. to my way of thinking - why should innocent people pay with thier lives because something I hold dear is abused with intent. I am prepared to protect my family and myself. I will be a criminal if there is an attempt to take guns away. The problem here that I see is that there are fanatics here just like every where they wish to ensure that thier rights are protected by stepping on others rights. These fantics want the rights but do nothing to try and resolve or improve on how others see those rights being used. They have resorted to name calling to chase off those that do not see things as they should wether the majority agrees with them or not. These fanatics are in the minority and provide a narrow mindedness that I have never seen before, excepth with religous fanatics. I have came to the conclusion that I no longer want to try and understand how to communicate with them. Any right has responsibilities and that means ensuring that the right is not misused but that part seems to be forgotten. These fanactics to me are like those that expect thier entitlements.

If I am the enemy, I am really confused. To me this thread is dead.

Respectfully

James Ruby

If he were he would start by showing his birth certificate and put this to rest. I am not just jumping on the Donald Trump bandwagon here - many have wanted this from day one.

This old and sadly ridiculous "birther" argument needs to end. No matter which side of the political spectrum you come down on, no one but those not interested in fact can buy into this stupid claim. On the day of his birth there were announcements in BOTH Honolulu papers. Only the most insane paranoid conspiracy fanatics could presume to claim the announcements were planted by the Obama family knowing he would run for President. His birth certificate is on file in Honolulu and has been examined. If you want to attack the man on the lack of merit in his sad performance, fine. If you want to attack him on the grounds of his unrealistic world view, great. But to cling to this sad and ridiculous claim only points to the gullibility of the speaker.

What does if take to get people to quit arguing the relative merits of Punch and Judy, and look beyond to the puppet master who controls both? You accept the choices given to you, and never think there might be more to the story. The real power controls both sides of any argument. That includes (D) and (R). I know most of you are smarter than this, I see it in your writing.

I agree. We have a duty to question our leaders. They are in a position of trust and it is their duty to uphold that trust so why doesn't he just show it to end this argument?

So if he went on TV and held it up you would stop your nonsense?
Yeah, sure!
This is so all about you!
Even Gingrich at CPAC asked you guys to can it!

So if he went on TV and held it up you would stop your nonsense?
Yes - Once shown and authenticated by the state. Nothing else will be needed therefore no need for all the additional 'dialog' that always seems to be added whenever this simple request is made.

This debate being ideological based on the 2nd, and not very practical based on the daily politics of angry mothers and knee jerking politicos, I'm reminded of a very old quote (a little BCE) by the practical Roman Cicero about the idealistic Cato.

"For he (Cato) gives his opinion as if he were in Plato's Republic, not in Romulus' cesspool."
— Marcus Tullius Cicero

a few more quotes for fun:

"Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do."

and,

"What is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top