JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think that whatever President enacts a ban on guns, whether it be Obama or not, should turn down having Secret Service protection. It's the same principle as one of us carrying a gun. I get that he is the President of our country but what makes his life more valuable then any one of ours?

I think that whatever President enacts a ban on guns, whether it be Obama or not, should turn down having Secret Service protection. It's the same principle as one of us carrying a gun. I get that he is the President of our country but what makes his life more valuable then any one of ours?

How dare you a lowly subject compare yourself with the second coming Barack Obama. you shall be flogged for such an act.:D

Good news for everyone but the people profiting from the massive buying bing, now maybe gun and ammo prices will drop some.

Keep the pressure on your Representatives, let them know that taxing or restricting ammo is worse than the assault weapons ban....it's an attack on all gun owners rights to pursue their hobby's and protect their family's.

If Obama does decide not to revive the ban, it would be a major blow to his critics on the right, who have been spreading rumors that Obama is out to take everyone's guns away.

Language like this tells me all I need to know about the story and its author.

<broken link removed>

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

hmmm...seems pretty clear to me. You know how the saying goes "If you arent part of the solution..."

Some of you guys are really paranoid arent you?

Think about it......any anti-gun legislation would just give some ammo (no pun intended) for Republicans in the next election....so it aint gonna happen.

Besides, 1)there are much bigger fish to fry with the economy the way it is, 2) any 2nd amendment legislation would undoubtedly face scrutiny in the supreme court given the recent ruling in favor, 3) there is a lot of dems that are not anti-gun, 4) with the way supplies are dried up they might not need a ban, and 5) Obama is not going to use up favors trying to get something passed since he's new

Agreed.

I think Obama's apparent decision of employing more people, whether that is more LEOs, gun/ammo retail, is creating jobs which stimulates the economy. Banning assault weapons does just the opposite, which is not what he wants at this time. I think it would be fair to say, if the economy stabilizes in his term, Obama might change his tune. But like the original post, anyone who wishes to invoke harm will find a way to do it, regardless of whether it's legal.

He won't need to cash in his "favors" if he signs a treaty with Mexico that contains a requirement to register all handguns... from what I hear a treaty SUPERCEDES all local and national laws... and our Constitution.

I'll not register a SINGLE THING if that comes to pass.

It would be a foolish move on his part if he reinstates the ban. That would lose him a lot of support who love their freedom/guns more then they love "the one". Sad to say I know a lot of people who like shooting that voted for O, but if it comes down to choosing between the two it will be the gun.

He knows it's bad for business to bring it back, so he won't do it. He may be dumb but he's not stupid. The way he got so far is by surveying the landscape and then acting. Like you guys said, he will try another way.

My HOPE is that we keep making a big noise every time he tries to pull something. So far we've down a good job of writing letters and blogging.

-Anthony

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads