Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obama honoring who?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by benjohson, Jun 7, 2014.

1. benjohson

benjohson Oregon Member

Something about Obama "honoring" WWII Veterans in Normandy just doesn't sit right with me.....
    Obama_without_hand_over_heart.jpg
    And this goes without saying: if you have a chance to speak with a vet from this time period, take a moment and do so. Even if it's just about the kind of music they like. There aren't many of these guys left.

2. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

Tom Brokaw called the "The Greatest Generation" and I agree.

The other day I read a piece about a 90 year old D Day Vet who took Obama's hand and didn't let go until he finished telling Obama exactly what he thought of him...........Nice to know the old guy still has it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I take every given opportunity to thank them for my being able to do so. I lost one uncle at Anzio and another at Omaha beach.
    We as a world owe these brave men and woman so much for standing and fighting for the freedom that so many take for granted. God bless them.:s0160:

4. semperfi68to70

semperfi68to70 South Salem, Oregon Well-Known Member

When I hear Obama talk about the military; I want to throw up.

5. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Was looking up youtube footage of WWII Bombers to supplement S. Ambrose's book "THE WILD BLUE" that I've been reading. What these guys did could not be repeated today on anywhere near the same scale.
    I don't think this Country could scrape together that many selfless, brave men to do what needed doing in WWII.
    The video I found, about the great machines of this war dying away, is as good a metaphor as any for the Greatest Generation that has nearly died out as well.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  6. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

7. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

It's called "lack of respect" FOR our Country, for our flag, for our military, for our Vets, for our Constitution, for our way of life, for YOU OR for ME....................

Three Bars and forefathersrback like this.
  8. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

^^Scary stuff and by turning over your rights to an all powerful sovereign you can bet the 2nd amendment was on his mind.

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

First there was Hanoi Jane Fonda, then Bill Clinton now Obama, down hill the country goes. If your not a prepper, better rethink your future.

10. salmonriverjohn

Two more years and he's done! Stay vigilant.

11. Boomer50

Boomer50 Portland Member

I watched President Obama's entire memorial speeches at Normandy, both the Sixty-fifth and the Seventieth anniversaries. I did not hear a single word that I could object to. I felt that he was entirely sincere.

I had earlier emailed him to remind him to keep his speech shorter than the first one, because all of those elderly heroes most likely REALLY needed to pee. He did not reply, but I was not surprised.

12. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh, both are very "sincere" in their beliefs ."All this for a flag ?".....Zero seems to concur...........

robertg likes this.
  13. semperfi68to70

And then what? Clinton part II? One of the most accomplished liars of our time and spouse of one of only two American Presidents ever impeached? Perfect. We had better get it together or start praying that Texas secedes so we have some place to go.

Three Bars likes this.
  14. salmonriverjohn

I for one have no desire for Killery Clinton to be our next president, nor do I believe she will be elected. With the dissolution of even the left leaning folks against the current administration and its continuing slide in favor, I highly doubt that the left will hold either the house or the senate.
    She is as trustworthy as a two headed Rattlesnake, and all but the most blind and devoted followers know it,,, check her favoritism polls, they suck. I wouldn't vote for another Bush either, just saying.

Three Bars and Sgt Nambu like this.
  15. semperfi68to70

I agree with everything you are saying except; Hillary Clinton vs. Jeb Bush? I vote Bush as many times as I can. I hope you are right about everything you said.

16. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

He's (Jeb Bush) not my ideal candidate, far from it, but if elected, we would have some breathing room from the tyranny of the progressive Dems.........back to the lesser of two evils.

Would much rather see one of the new young guns...Paul, Cruz, and others of their ilk.

3MTA3 and salmonriverjohn like this.
  17. semperfi68to70

Agreed, he is far from being my favorite candidate. Right this minute I am taking a second look at Rick Perry. I like what he has done in Texas and I also believe as you do, that many dems and independents have now realized what a terrible mistake Obama was and are ready to look at a more conservative candidate.

18. Three Bars

Three Bars Active Member

SF68..
    I haven't given Perry much thought, but you're right, he's done a fantastic job in Texas, and I like his "hands on" approach.
    But he has a lot of ground to make up for since his embarrassing performance in the 2012 Debates.
    However, being that Nixon made a comeback after his devastating loss to Kennedy, then Perry can too.

19. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If Obama honored me, I'd be offended. He wouldn't know a hero, a patriot or just a competent person if he stepped on one!:(

salmonriverjohn and Three Bars like this.
  20. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

In 1892

The Supreme Court determined and declared the United States was indeed a

Christian Nation

In 1952

President Truman established one day a year as a "National Day of Prayer."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1988

President Reagan designated the

First Thursday in May of each year as

the National Day of Prayer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In June 2007

(then) Presidential Candidate Barack Obama

declared that the USA

"Was no longer a

Christian nation.."

---------------------------------------------------------------

This year President Obama

canceled the 21st annual National Day

of Prayer ceremony

at the White House under the ruse

Of "not wanting to offend anyone"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT...

on September 25,2009

from 4 AM until 7 PM,

a National Day of

Prayer FOR THE MUSLIM RELIGION

was Held on Capitol Hill, beside the

White House.

There were over 50,000 Muslims in D.C. that day.

HE PRAYS WITH THE MUSLIMS!

I guess it Doesn't matter

if "Christians" are offended by this event -

We obviously don 't count as "anyone" anymore.

The direction this country is headed

should strike fear in the heart of every Christian, especially knowing that the

Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be converted, they should be annihilated.

This is not a Rumor -

Go to the website to confirm this info:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/capitolislam.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.