JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[h=1]Obama Executive Order Utilizes the CDC to Attempt Gun Confiscation[/h] 29 July 2013 / 280 Comments
cdc-and-gun-research.jpg
This past January – thanks to the ever-present Executive Order – Obama made a move that continued what Bill Clinton started. You’ve probably noticed it occurring in society without even really understanding why it’s happening.
It’s an interesting situation:
“On January 26th, Obama issued Exec Order #14, a ‘Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to research the causes and prevention of gun violence‘.” (emphasis added)
Though this specific EO is new, the truth is that since the 1980s the CDC has been trying to use “scientific” studies to show that guns were a risk to public health. Sadly, our tax dollars are spent on these types of “studies” based on leftist agendas. Obama is simply keeping things going.
The question of course, is why did Obama do that? Well, aside from the fact that his bosses in the global elite told him to do it, he did it for one very important reason. In essence, he wants to do to guns what the medical profession has done with cigarettes. He wants guns to be seen as so repulsive (backed by official “studies” from the CDC) that through direct peer pressure, people will come to see guns as being truly dirty and despicable. Having a gun then would make that individual who owns it appear the same way.
Nicholas Johnson (in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine) wrote, “Anything that unnecessarily contributes to human disease, injury, or death is a proper concern of public health, including firearm deaths…Public health’s role is to reduce these firearm injuries and deaths.”
In one swell swoop (or signature), Obama has created a situation where guns and resultant gun violence is now being seen under the scrutiny of public health concerns. He is obviously hoping to move it away from the 2nd Amendment and make it a health-related issue. If he can successfully accomplish this, then it may well be that he will gain much more support for obliterating the “gun culture.”
Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/

Read more: Minutemen NewsObama Executive Order Utilizes the CDC to Attempt Gun Confiscation - Minutemen News

And this is why the NRA worked so hard to defund the CDC "studies" some years ago.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

[h=1]Obama issued Exec Order #14, a ‘Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to research the causes and prevention of gun violence‘.

This confirms that Obama is a complete idiot. He should have asked them to research the cause and prevention of violence, period. Then he would understand what starts Wars!!

Isn't this old news? I thought the CDC did do a study recently and found that guns WEREN'T to blame for all our problems.

edit: here's links to the studies results in the news....
CDC Study Ordered by Obama Contradicts White House Anti-gun Narrative
CDC Study: Use of Firearms For Self-Defense is ?Important Crime Deterrent? | CNS News
Wait for the "new" studies to contradict those and the ones above will be buried ASAP!

Headline: "New studies using formerly secret data shows that the previous studies were wrong" The "news" media will eat it up and never question it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

One of the best lines from it is>>>>> As Graham Noble of Guardian Express noted, "If one were to exclude figures for Illinois, California, New Jersey and Washington, DC, the homicide rate in the United States would be in line with any other country."

When you add up the yearly kill rate in the areas listed they match up to some "War Zones"

Nicholas Johnson (in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine) wrote, "Anything that unnecessarily contributes to human disease, injury, or death is a proper concern of public health, including firearm deaths...Public health's role is to reduce these firearm injuries and deaths."

Well, well, we'll... Anyone with ANY brains at all can see that (using this "genius' " logic) that HUMANS are the LEADING cause...
"that unnecessarily contributes to human disease, injury, or death is a proper concern of public health, including firearm deaths...Public health's role is to reduce these firearm injuries and deaths."

I think the last time something along these lines was called "The final solution" during WWII.

If that's the worst Obama can do, we had a REALLY good day.

I realize that the "Obama is the Devil" people are looking for anything and anything to confirm their opinion, but please...

This guy has NOTHING to to add via EE. His power of the Bully Pulpit is FAR more powerful. and even THAT is going nowhere with the popularity Dems outside of limited geographic areas.

The last jihad against guns did more HARM than good for gun control over even the NEAR term, much less the long. Their lies were exposed in a more broad way than for DECADES previously. As for stupid people? we're screwed. Only money and cheesey adds will sway them. The rest? Give your neighbors a little credit.

I didn't see a link to the actual study, so <broken link removed>

Highlights (to me):
-Total mass shootings (4+) since 1983: 78 with 548 kills and 900 injured.
-Alcohol plays a huge effect in violence rates
-100k firearm injuries annually
-Gun buybacks are ineffective at best
-No link between entertainment media and violence
-Between 60k and 2.5mil instances of a firearm used in self defense annually

What it suggests:
-Reduce availability of alcohol
-More emphasis on training children in firearm safety
-Suicide prevention programs would reduce mass shootings

What it doesn't suggest:
-Banning anything

Rewriting history is lying.

Hey, you took what I was gonna say!

I keep on trying to find allowance for these things. No matter how hard I look, The Constitution STILL says "Shall Not Be Infringed". I cannot find the part that now is supposed to say "Shall Not Be Infringed Unless Posing A Fake Public Health Risk".

Well, there's that! I will now go back to carrying my gun(s) any place and any way I choose.

To those still paying attention, Obongo ATTEMPTING to infringe upon that which "Shall Not Be Infringed" is just like attempted murder. No matter what his pseudo-supporters say, it is not OK to try to stomp on people's rights. I'm sure it would be fine and no one would hold me accountable if I tried to reinstate slavery and was unsuccessful. After all, it didn't actually happen. Thank God attempted rape isn't illegal, I'd be awfully bored!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top