JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday morning, Barack Obama held a press conference confirming our greatest fears...

He's launching an all out campaign to pass comprehensive gun control:

1. A so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban,

2. A "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban, and

3. A ban on ALL Private Firearms Sales without government permission.

And he wants the legislation on his desk as early as January.

If you haven't signed your Second Amendment Protection Petition please do so right away.

If you have signed, please forward this to anyone you know cares about our gun rights.

Our Second Amendment rights are hanging by a thread.

Anti-gun hysteria is reaching a fever pitch.

And President Obama just announced he's on the warpath -- and he's not taking any prisoners.

this is an all-out EMERGENCY.

And unless you act today, I'm afraid we'll be staring at a gun control nightmare.

At a press conference immediately following the Connecticut shooting, President Obama made his intentions clear: He's prepared to ram his anti-gun agenda down our throats.

And sadly, the national media is more than willing to help him get his wish . . .

MSNBC anchors are calling for outright gun "confiscation!"

Even prominent Republican backers like Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is loudly calling for new gun control schemes, and Fox News commentator Bill Kristol is calling for "serious hearings."

The establishment gun lobby is nowhere to be found, deleting their Facebook page in an effort to run and hide from the fight.

And all their phony "friendships" are finally being exposed for exactly what they are.

You see, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid -- who they handed nearly $5,000 to during his last reelection -- just announced plans for Senate movement on gun control.

And another NRA "A-rated" Democrat, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, is joining others saying he's changed his mind on gun control.

Even supposedly "pro-gun" Republicans, like Senator Chuck Grassley (IA), Lindsey Graham (SC) -- even Marco Rubio (FL) -- are happily playing into the gun-grabbers hands by calling for a total review of our gun laws!

If all this sounds like a recipe for disaster, it's because it is . . .

Whenever a tragedy -- a revolting grave crime -- is committed, gun-grabbers ALWAYS rush to "cash in."

Always.

With the national media as their accomplice, they drive up mass hysteria, fear and IGNORE basic facts that don't fit their anti-gun agenda, like:

>>> "Gun Free Zone" signs do not protect anyone from violent madmen;

Like we saw in the Aurora movie theater and the Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School, all these signs do is guarantee killers never face anyone who can defend him or herself;

>>> Guns don't commit crimes. Criminals do;

In fact, guns are used 2.5 MILLION times every year to deter or stop crimes. In fact, at the recent mall shooting in Portland, Oregon, the gunman took his own life after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed handgun. And there are literally dozens of stories of shootings being stopped by legally-armed citizens over the past few decades;

>>> Gun Control DOES NOT WORK. PERIOD.

Anti-gun utopia Mexico -- whose anti-gun laws are so harsh it has only one gun shop in the whole country -- is virtually owned by violent gangs who don't beg "permission" from government officials before they get their hands on guns.

This is exactly what's happening right now.

So if you want to ensure your Second Amendment rights are protected into the future, I'm counting on you to act IMMEDIATELY.

Being involved in the fight has never been more important.

First, I need your signed Second Amendment Protection Petition to help drown out the anti-gun spin machine with today.

In the coming weeks I'll flood Congress with tens of thousands of pro-gun petitions proving you and I are serious about protecting our rights and we're not backing down!

Unfortunately, it gets worse.

After the results of the 2012 elections, the gun-grabbers were already demanding action from President Obama and his anti-gun Democrat allies.

Michael Bloomberg and Sarah Brady went to bat for President Obama in two straight elections, and they want something to show for their efforts.

Now, President Obama believes he's been handed the perfect "excuse" to enact a laundry list of anti-gun schemes, including:
*** The UN "Small Arms Treaty." This dangerous Hillary Clinton-backed Treaty is nothing more than a massive GLOBAL gun control scheme designed to register, ban and confiscate firearms from law-abiding citizens;

*** A new so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban. President Obama loudly supported passage of a new ban during his reelection campaign, and Senator Diane Feinstein just announced she'll be introducing a new bill in the new Congress;

*** Mandatory federal political "mental illness" screening to buy a firearm. Should such a scheme pass, the federal government would be granted the new power to strip away the Second Amendment rights of any American at will -- just because they don't like your race, your religion or the political candidates you support;

*** Sweeping ammo bans or bans on magazines holding just a handful of rounds. With any one of these schemes, Congress could effectively outlaw many commonly-owned rifles and handguns.

That's why it's so important you act IMMEDIATELY.

Without our action, the ONLY voices the politicians will be hearing will be that of the gun-grabbers and their pals in the media.

If that continues, you and I will lose and lose BIG. Bank on it.

The good news is, you and I can fight back.

But we must mobilize quickly.

We must ensure every politician in Washington, D.C. understands America does not need new gun control laws . . .

It's more freedom.

It's more good guys armed with the power and the ability to stand up to deranged bloodthirsty loons and STOP them.

You know how we'll make the politicians understand that?

By ensuring every single one of them knows they'll pay the price with their political careers for voting for gun control schemes.

But to do that I'm going to have to mobilize Second Amendment supporters from all over the country.

I've already authorized my staff to begin broadcasting our message across the web on sites frequented by politically-active pro-gun voters.

And we're expanding from there:

Mail, email, web videos, and even hard-hitting radio, newspaper and TV ads if I can raise the resources.

I want to mobilize up to 14 million Americans.

Not next month. Not next week. But NOW.

You see, there's no time to waste.

Of course, such an ambitious program won't be cheap. But it's our one shot at winning.

So please sign your Second Amendment Protection Petition TODAY.

http://www.nagr.org/obama_gun_control.aspx?pid=2c

Thanks in advance for answering the call in this tough time.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President
P.S. President Obama just announced he's on the warpath -- and he's not taking any prisoners -- this is an all-out EMERGENCY.

With politicians from both parties caving to the gun-grabbers, it's never been more important to fight back.

I've already begun a campaign to mobilize up to 14 million pro-gun Americans to prove to the politicians we still stand for the Second Amendment and we're not backing down!

But such an ambitious program isn't cheap.

So after you sign your Second Amendment Protection Petition please chip in just $10, $20, or even $30.

Together you and I will weather this storm and continue to stand for freedom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org/

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

Where are the usual suspects on this site that are always telling us Obama isn't anti 2nd amendment?

Merle, my guess is they're skulking around, tryin g to get their stories straight, but I gave them a mention in my BOHICA column Sunday:

Obama to NBC: He wants to ban semi-autos ‘in the first year’

President Barack Obama told NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday that it is his intention to push for a ban on so-called “assault weapons” and that he wants “to get it done in the first year” of his second term, meaning 2013.

<broken link removed>

I've been very clear that an assault rifle ban, banning these high capacity clips, background checks, that there are a set of issues that I have historically supported and will continue to support.
These are Obama's words. He said "historically", not because of any one certain event involving a so called "assault weapon". He is going to use the recent tragic event in CT as a way to try to do something he has always wanted to do. The only thing that stopped him from trying before was the possibility of losing re-election NOT because he was ever in any way pro 2nd amendment.

Merle, my guess is they're skulking around, tryin g to get their stories straight, but I gave them a mention in my BOHICA column Sunday:

Obama to NBC: He wants to ban semi-autos ‘in the first year’

President Barack Obama told NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday that it is his intention to push for a ban on so-called “assault weapons” and that he wants “to get it done in the first year” of his second term, meaning 2013.

<broken link removed>

Of course he wants it done very soon. He can't complete the destruction of AMERICA with privately owned firearms in the way.

What, no Obama fan BOYS here to defend any of this, with their typical diatribe!

You didn't honestly think they would, did ya?
Perhaps some enterprising fellows will dig back through some of the threads over the fall and ask some of these smug chaps about all of this. The ones who aren't living in denial might find the candor to explain what now appears to be the indefensible.

What, no Obama fan BOYS here to defend any of this, with their typical diatribe!

Some will show, maybe with the 'I was right but circumstances have changed' line.

Never underestimate the ability of power lovers (elitists) to self-delude in order to justify prior decisions.

Thing is we might need their help here if they can put that ego aside.

Some of em will choose freedom over state control and we should call em brothers, screw the rest of em.

Hah. I called this years ago when the boobuses were singing praises to The Dear Leader for allowing CC in national parks. THANK YOU MASTER for feeding me the scraps of a natural right. Pathetic.

Never underestimate the ruling class' capacity for malfeasance and treason against the people and their property.

The Obama lovers are not posting because they are out scrounging ammo because they couldnt see staright and thought this would never happen. My guess these are the same people crying about no ammo any where and gun and mag prices now. You know the where is mine and i better get it cheep or free types. I think most of the people that saw this coming are pretty stocked up with some extra to sell and make some cash..

What Happens After Gun Confiscation?

Before we passively allow the Obama administration (the current puppets in 'power') to strip away our last line of defense from an increasingly totalitarian government, by acquiescing to the United Nations and American advocates for gun control, perhaps we should examine the end game resulting from past gun control efforts:

1. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves against their ethnic-cleansing government, were arrested and exterminated.

2. In 1929, the former Soviet Union established gun control as a means of controlling the "more difficult" of their citizens. From 1929 to the death of Stalin, 40 million Soviets met an untimely end at the hand of various governmental agencies as they were arrested and exterminated.

3. After the rise of the Nazis, Germany established their version of gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves against the "Brown Shirts", were arrested and exterminated. Interestingly, the Brown Shirts were eventually targeted for extermination themselves following their blind acts of allegiance to Hitler. Any American military and police would be wise to grasp the historical significance of the Brown Shirts' fate.

4. After Communist China established gun control in 1935, an estimated 50 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves against their fascist leaders, were arrested and exterminated.

5. Closer to home, Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayans, unable to defend themselves against their ruthless dictatorship, were arrested and exterminated.

6. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves from their dictatorial government, were arrested and exterminated.

7. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million of the "educated" people, unable to defend themselves against their fascist government, were arrested and exterminated.

8. In 1994, Rwanda disarmed the Tutsi people and being unable to defend themselves from their totalitarian government, nearly one million were summarily executed.

The total numbers of victims who lost their lives because of gun control is approximately 70 million people in the 20th century. The historical voices from 70 million corpses speak loudly and clearly to those Americans who are advocating for a de facto gun ban. Governments murdered four times as many civilians as were killed in all the international and domestic wars combined. Governments murdered millions more people than were killed by common criminals and it all followed gun control.

Historically, American gun control legislation has been imitating Hitler's Nazi Germany gun control legislation for quite some time. Consider the key provisions of the Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 and compare it with the United States Gun Control Act of 1968. The parallels of both the provisions and the legal language are eerily similar.

The Daily Sheeple - News, Commentary, Headlies and Truth

So, just my .02, and yes, I realize I am brand new to the site, but I am definitely not brand new to shooting.

You don't think this is a bit of Chicken Little syndrome? I mean c'mon, the guy didn't do bubblegum his first term. Ok, he did manage to double the national debt, and run the country into the ground (I'd equate it to giving a newly licensed 16 year old a BMW; they aren't going to respect it). But seriously, ALL his other promises were empty. Hell, he promised to have Gitmo closed within the first year. Still waiting... (not that I agree with the choice).

Now, everybody needs to just calm down and take a deep breath. Maybe, just chill out at home, stop buying guns, ammo, and magazines....

...and leave them for me. :D

DISCLAIMER: I am capable (and extremely likely) to speak with heavy sarcasm. I have professed my distrust for Obama since he first hinted at running for President the first time. bubblegum that guy!

As a progressive type guy I can not defend anyone in Congress or the POTUS for supporting gun control. Here is my post to my Facebook page a few days after Sandy Hook:

I am angry. I am so incredibly angry I can hardly stand it. I want to stomp the body of Adam Lanza into dust. Then I want to do it again. How many Virginia Tech’s, Columbine’s, Aurora’s and Sandy Hook’s can we tolerate? To echo President Obama these tragedies must end, we can not tolerate anymore of this violence.

However, I am incensed, furious, and frankly pissed off, about all this talk of gun control because it misses the point and more importantly will be an ineffective strategy. Let’s get one thing straight before I continue: I am a gun owner and I love to shoot. I am also not your stereotypical right-wing gun owner. I do not belong to the NRA or any other gun advocacy group. I tend to vote democratic and identify better with the progressive political philosophy. That said, I am a staunch supporter of the Constitution and ALL of its amendments.

But folks, this talk of gun control is ludicrous. This is a “how do we reverse the gutting of mental health care funding” issue. This should be a talk about prevention. Instead it is the usual knee jerk reactionary irrational and illogical crap that doesn’t address the problems or even come close to addressing the real issue of mental health.

I am infuriated that the politicians and media are making a feeding frenzy of guns and gun control. By focusing on the guns the focus is shifted off the shooter and the responsibility placed on an inanimate object. If that is the route we as a society decide to take then is there a reason to penalize and incarcerate drunk drivers? Following the gun control line of thought the answer would be no and of course cars must be controlled above and beyond what they already are.

Are there any gun laws on the books now that would’ve changed anything in any shooting you can think of? If a person is going to offensively use a gun then no law, no huge amount of laws is going to prevent that. The ironic part of this nonsense is that gun control will neither prevent evil but will instead make regular folks like me an outlaw and by abstraction evil.

I am not one to parrot the chest thumping bravado of others but as the former head of the NRA Charleton Heston famously said, “from my cold dead hands.” I will not give up my right to own and shoot a gun, buy a gun, buy accessories or ammo. I will not give up my right to protect myself with a gun or derive pleasure from shooting my guns. I will, God forbid, come to your aid with a gun in hand if need be to confront evil folks who don’t care about the law or give two shakes about you.

Finally, I recognize that I have been reeled into a gun control conversation but let us remember this is about one person who inflicted evil on the most innocent among us. The conversation should go forward with prevention and protection as the paramount principles to be discussed and not control of things or people.

So, do you right-wingers want to cry to your mommies about Obama, or do you want to think creatively about how to defeat an AWB? The choice is yours.
The coalition that the administration needs can be split and beaten. DiFi is not popular on the left. She just led a nasty beat down in the Senate on a bipartisan effort to amend the the Patriot Act to protect the 4th amendment . Her AWB exempts private military contractors. Her husband is a big lobbyist for the defense industry. These points can be used to give liberal AWB supporters doubt.
But first, there has to be an alternative we can offer to address the violence that has shaken people up. The NRA's proposal might seem reasonable to gun people, but trust me, it looks crazy to the uninitiated. Talking about guns and gun rights is a sure way to lose the fight, because gun owners with semi automatics are a small minority. Plus, what people really care about is Harm Reduction.
If we could get pro-A2 muscle behind a serious proposal to increase federal support for mental health care, it would really shake up the debate. Then potential liberal AWB supporters would be faced with a choice: achieve a long-hoped for goal of improving one of the most underfunded aspects of health care, with a guaranteed benefit to millions, or spend political capital on a divisive effort that has already been tried and failed.
Unfortunately, so many A2 supporters are into right wing political correctness and lack the flexibility to think outside the box (the same box that served up a big portion of electoral FAIL in November).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top