JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soo Iv been hearing a lot of talk.. that if Obama Takes Office we can Pretty much kiss our gun rights good bye...Or at least start seeing them Become tighter and tighter...Whats everyone's opinion on this? Is He really that Anti-gun?? I dunno it kinda scares me if that's the case..

Obamas main financer is georgr soros a dedicated anti gunner and obama has supporteed every anti gun bill he has seen. In the debates with clinton he said" I support the 2nd but states and city's should have the power to override it."If that is what he thinks he does NOT support the bill of rights in any way. No political body has the power to take any of your basic rights .

Obama is vehemently anti-gun, no matter what he says. But he is not stupid, and he knows what he can and cannot accomplish. Which is not all that much.

The Supreme Court has ratified an individual right, and there is more power to implement gun control at the state and local level then there is at the federal level.

I would be more concerned about attempts to regulate ammunition (manufacture, transport, sales), like OHSA tried to do in 2007:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Or restrictions on the sale of ammo, and the kind of ammo and weapons people can buy, like CA tried to do this year:

<broken link removed>

http://www.worldexaminer.com/worldexaminer/2008/04/california-ammo.html

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

That is where the real battle over gun control resides. Not in the office of the president.

Obama is vehemently anti-gun, no matter what he says. But he is not stupid, and he knows what he can and cannot accomplish. Which is not all that much.

The Supreme Court has ratified an individual right, and there is more power to implement gun control at the state and local level then there is at the federal level.

I would be more concerned about attempts to regulate ammunition (manufacture, transport, sales), like OHSA tried to do in 2007:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Or restrictions on the sale of ammo, and the kind of ammo and weapons people can buy, like CA tried to do this year:

<broken link removed>

http://www.worldexaminer.com/worldexaminer/2008/04/california-ammo.html

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

That is where the real battle over gun control resides. Not in the office of the president.

This is completely accurate...Plus Obama is a constitutional lawyer, that means he actually has read and interpreted the US Constitution and I believe he understands that importance to preserve certain aspects of the Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment...Additionally, the gun rights issue at this point in our social/economic/political environment has dropped significantly on the priority list of politicians...There are many other things that need to be dealt with well before any federal politician has the time to deal with gun rights....One truth about the gun rights issue is that it is usually only addressed when there's nothing better to talk about, right now there are things more important to resolve (I.E. the Iraq War, the $700 billion dollar Wall Street bail-out, increasing health care costs, etc.)...

MY PERSONAL OPINION.....I wouldn't feel like I needed to own guns if I knew that there were less out there on the street in the hands of people who use them for illegal gains....I make a distinction between the firearms that are used for sport and those that aren't, yes, some will see that I own an AK (or WASR or whatever) but I acknowledge that I don't own it to use for hunting....If one day everyone in the world sincerely decided to disarm, then I would be the first one in line....Until then, I sleep better with a handy piece of steel under my pillow.....We all have grown up in a environment in which we've been told the world is out to get us and we must constantly be on the defense, I don't believe that at the "beginning of time" we all were constantly killing each other aimlessly, instead I believe we were all harmonious until someone (or something) introduced the concept of taking what other people have because it's easier....Until that point, there was never any need to be scared of each other and ultimately no reason to ever feel like we needed to defend against each other.....

As for Barack Obama, I would rather have someone that's trigger-responsible than trigger-happy....I don't believe that Obama, nor the Supreme Court will ever radically change the 2nd amendment...There are simply way too many factors within the issue to make a radical change...The question I pose, is that are you safer owning a gun, or are you safer with less guns in the hands of the wrong people?

The question I pose, is that are you safer owning a gun, or are you safer with less guns in the hands of the wrong people?

My answer:
It only takes a gun in the hands of one person at just the wrong time to put a quick end to life as I know it. Therefore, "less guns" is an unsatisfactory condition for me; and, since "no guns" simply cannot be achieved, I will have to go with "owning a gun." :s0155:

If one day everyone in the world sincerely decided to disarm, then I would be the first one in line

I sure wouldn't. Guns are known as the great equalizer for a reason; no matter ones physical shortcomings most can still pull a trigger in defense of themselves. If all guns were gone there would still be knives, bats, chains, etc. and people who are physically limited than their attacker (women, the elderly, disabled, etc.) would not have a viable method for defending themselves.

The question I pose, is that are you safer owning a gun, or are you safer with less guns in the hands of the wrong people?

We're safer owning a gun and knowing how to use it. You have to ask yourself, what gun control law has worked to keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Background checks may be a deterrent for them to walk into a gun shop and buy one, but they sure don't prevent that same person from buying one on the street. Prohibition doesn't work.

The question I pose is, to whom, in your envisioned world, will you give the authority to decide if you are a "wrong" person?

Pops

Soo Iv been hearing a lot of talk.. that if Obama Takes Office we can Pretty much kiss our gun rights good bye...Or at least start seeing them Become tighter and tighter...Whats everyone's opinion on this? Is He really that Anti-gun?? I dunno it kinda scares me if that's the case..

his statement that our basic rights like the 1st amendment should not be put to a vote in indivigual states (made last night in the debate while defending roe vs wade)contrasts sharpely with his statement made in the clinton debate" While I fully support the 2nd amendment the state and city governments should be able to limit firearms for the safety of their people" . this Man can't tell the same lie twice, either that or he does not put your right to keep and bear arms on the same level with a womans right to an abortion. You can make up your mind were he stands by checking the laws in chicago and Ill. He had a hand in their laws and voted for every piece of gun control he saw.

This is completely accurate...Plus Obama is a constitutional lawyer, that means he actually has read and interpreted the US Constitution and I believe he understands that importance to preserve certain aspects of the Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment...Additionally, the gun rights issue at this point in our social/economic/political environment has dropped significantly on the priority list of politicians...There are many other things that need to be dealt with well before any federal politician has the time to deal with gun rights....One truth about the gun rights issue is that it is usually only addressed when there's nothing better to talk about, right now there are things more important to resolve (I.E. the Iraq War, the $700 billion dollar Wall Street bail-out, increasing health care costs, etc.)...

MY PERSONAL OPINION.....I wouldn't feel like I needed to own guns if I knew that there were less out there on the street in the hands of people who use them for illegal gains....I make a distinction between the firearms that are used for sport and those that aren't, yes, some will see that I own an AK (or WASR or whatever) but I acknowledge that I don't own it to use for hunting....If one day everyone in the world sincerely decided to disarm, then I would be the first one in line....Until then, I sleep better with a handy piece of steel under my pillow.....We all have grown up in a environment in which we've been told the world is out to get us and we must constantly be on the defense, I don't believe that at the "beginning of time" we all were constantly killing each other aimlessly, instead I believe we were all harmonious until someone (or something) introduced the concept of taking what other people have because it's easier....Until that point, there was never any need to be scared of each other and ultimately no reason to ever feel like we needed to defend against each other.....

As for Barack Obama, I would rather have someone that's trigger-responsible than trigger-happy....I don't believe that Obama, nor the Supreme Court will ever radically change the 2nd amendment...There are simply way too many factors within the issue to make a radical change...The question I pose, is that are you safer owning a gun, or are you safer with less guns in the hands of the wrong people?

this man voted in his home state in support of a bill that would have outlawed all guns in ill. and authorized the state police to break down your door and seize your guns. that is every gun including single shot hunting rifles.If you think they can only work on one thing at a time you do not realize that the best time to sneak one by is when everyone is distracted by something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that there's a theme that everyone thinks that someone is out to get them...You know, I carried my pistol everyday for almost 3 years, guess how many times I needed it? ZERO....Yeah there might be some random occasion that one of us might be mugged or whatever, **** I've been stabbed I coulda used my firearm then, but you know I'm a little more romantic about human nature....I believe we are intrinsically cooperative, social animals that have been told over thousands of years since the neolithic revolution that we're all actually out to kill each other for resources....Unfortunately, I think the concepts of a brutal, anarchical world actually serve elitist political purposes by mongering fear and therefore convoluted societal solidarity based on an us vs. them policies....

Also, you know it's pretty difficult to find a firearm "on the streets," I'm pretty convinced that if anyone had easy access to "throw-away" firearms then I would find it a lot easier to find them...But I can't...We should really replace the "on the streets" with "at a gun show".....I know some of you might start bombarding this assertion with studies from the University of Michigan or University of Maryland about homicide and suicide rates after gun shows don't show a trend of increasing, but the reality is that most studies done on the subject (like most studies about any issue) are susceptible to subjective interpretation on both sides of the coin (pro-gun control or anti-gun control)...In reality, law enforcement doesn't have the jurisdiction nor the man-power to really see if gun control keeps more guns in the hands of responsible people and less guns in the control of people who use them for illegal reasons

I guess I'd have to say..anybody dumb enough to vote for Osama-Obama would certainly qualify...as a "wrong" person...:s0114:

Osama-Obama? Really, let's not be ignorant....That's not funny....If you middle name is Adolf, does that mean you're a Nazi? Even John McCain took the time to correct his constituency about this fallacy, I suggest respect for our different heritages and background is much more productive for society than making illicit correlations between someone's skin color or namesake for stereotypical reasons that perpetuate unheeded conflicts

" And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Barrak Hussein Obama

Straight from the horse's..umm..mouth.. Yes..it's really just wrong..that Americans..TRUE Americans that is..cling to such dangerous things as a belief in the Judeo Christian beliefs this country was founded on..and those rights guaranteed us..by the constitution they wrote..

Of course..that's something a brain dead Liberal..would never understand.. But..wait..maybe I'm just stereotyping..

Also, you know it's pretty difficult to find a firearm "on the streets," I'm pretty convinced that if anyone had easy access to "throw-away" firearms then I would find it a lot easier to find them.

It's very, very easy to purchase a firearm 'on the streets'. The first time I was approached with an offer was when I was in the 6th grade, and it's happened as recently as two years ago.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top