JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please provide sources for these "facts" and "trends". Thanks.

Here's a look at voting trends as far as political participation dependent (Nov. 2006 election) on educational attainment from the U.S. Census Bureau; this is just to get an idea the level of participation....I suggest looking at the last two columns and seeing the percentages of voters who are registered AND voted (This means their vote actually counted towards the Nov. 2006 election, when I person says they voted you can tell if they did or didn't whether or not the info correlates with them being registered to vote; cause there's no state that you can't be registered and can vote) categorized by educational attainment....This should also link you close enough to see where you can access elections even further back and see the trends from prior years too......

http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/voting/cps2006/tab15b.xls

This next link will show you the statistics on partisanship....As you can link to and see from the main partisanship graph, 49% of group leaned democrat vs. 41% republican....Of the group who had some college education 47% leaned democrat vs. 44% republican......Of college graduates 51% leaned democratic vs. 45% republican

http://www.electionstudies.org/nesguide/toptable/tab2a_2.htm

Unfortunately I don't have access to the most recent information...It's shouldn't be surprising that all the latest polls/surveys want you to pay money to see them.....Sorry I provided the next best thing.....

It'd be nice if it were a squirt gun, but during the twice-yearly metal detector sweeps of my middle school an average of 5-10 guns were found along with tons of knives :(

I do have to agree with Doubletap's post, especially about supposedly 'well educated' people. There comes a point where book smarts end and street smarts are far more useful. I know many many people with advanced degrees who can't do basic things considered to be life skills.

In my personal experience most people that are raised with conservative values (not talking extremes here) tend to stay conservative and liberals do the same (as long as we're not talking extremes). It's also my personal experience that people who are more social, go out more, watch more television, read more magazines, etc. are more liberal. Is it because they're subjected to other liberals and/or a liberal bias in the media? some would argue yes. People also credit this with the reason 'better educated people are more liberal', because universities are bastions of liberal thought.

I just got called out on making particular claims, so I would reciprocate the gesture by asking you to provide me with conclusive data that represents university curriculum as being biased in favor of liberal values.....

Here's one 72-page study -> <broken link removed>

And a related summary -> http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2007/10/08/politics

Another -> <broken link removed>

These are just three of many 'official studies' by very reputable people and/or organizations. Adding to my knowledge on this subject are my experiences during my recent years of college. It's a pretty well known fact that liberalism is rampant in our education system and a certain level of indoctrination does exist. It's not so much the curriculum, but the bias with which it's taught.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top