JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dear Law Abiding Gun Owner

Barack Obama understands it is the Second Amendment community that has destroyed his legacy.

And now, like a rabid dog, he is lashing out in an effort to destroy as many law-abiding gun owners as possible.

His most recent scheme is the SOCIAL SECURITY GUN BAN, which was formally published in the Federal Register last month.

How broad will this regulation be? seniorgunban.png

If you are on Social Security disability by reason of a mental health impairment, then your gun rights are gone. Period.

The regulation promises to aggressively search for and take away the gun rights of Social Security Disability recipients with PTSD, ADHD, post partem depression, Alzheimer's, etc.

But understand this: Some parts of the regulation, like the definition of "adjudicated as a mental defective" in proposed CFR 421.105, are applicable to all Title II recipients, including old-age programs.

Thus, under this language, if you are a senior and can't "manage [your] own affairs," you are specifically acknowledged by the Social Security Administration as being a "mental defective" for purposes of making you a prohibited person.

And, under the NICS Amendments Improvement Act, this would impose a legal obligation on the Social Security administration to search for and turn in your name to NICS as well.

So the question is: Do you trust Barack Obama? Because this regulation potentially opens a broader gun ban than it now acknowledges.

And if Obama decides to extend the gun ban to seniors by "executive action," this regulation will have put all of the procedures and definitions in place to do so.

And guess what? Obama MAY argue that, if this regulation specifically acknowledges that seniors are prohibited persons, then the NICS Improvement Act will require Social Security to take their guns away.

Click here to read the rest of this alert online.

How to Take Action

The Social Security Administration has posted regulations here. And they are inviting comments from the general public.

While you can fax or mail your comments, they "strongly recommend that you submit your comments via the Internet."

So here's what to do:

• Visit the Federal eRulemaking portal at www.regulations.gov.
  • Use the "Search" function to find docket number SSA–2016–0011.
  • Submit your comments, using the pre-written text suggested below or by uploading your own text.
NOTE: The regulations state that, "The system will issue a tracking number to confirm your submission. You will not be able to view your comment immediately because we must post each comment manually. It may take up to a week or more for your comment to be viewable."

You have until July 5 to submit your comments.

Sincerely,

Michael Hammond
Legislative Counsel
Gun Owners of America

P.S. Please submit your outrage with Obama's plan to ban hundreds of thousands of senior citizens from owning guns -- by sending your comments to the Social Security administration.

Dear Law Abiding Gun Owner

Barack Obama understands it is the Second Amendment community that has destroyed his legacy.

And now, like a rabid dog, he is lashing out in an effort to destroy as many law-abiding gun owners as possible.

His most recent scheme is the SOCIAL SECURITY GUN BAN, which was formally published in the Federal Register last month.

How broad will this regulation be? View attachment 296335

If you are on Social Security disability by reason of a mental health impairment, then your gun rights are gone. Period.

The regulation promises to aggressively search for and take away the gun rights of Social Security Disability recipients with PTSD, ADHD, post partem depression, Alzheimer's, etc.

But understand this: Some parts of the regulation, like the definition of "adjudicated as a mental defective" in proposed CFR 421.105, are applicable to all Title II recipients, including old-age programs.

Thus, under this language, if you are a senior and can't "manage [your] own affairs," you are specifically acknowledged by the Social Security Administration as being a "mental defective" for purposes of making you a prohibited person.

And, under the NICS Amendments Improvement Act, this would impose a legal obligation on the Social Security administration to search for and turn in your name to NICS as well.

So the question is: Do you trust Barack Obama? Because this regulation potentially opens a broader gun ban than it now acknowledges.

And if Obama decides to extend the gun ban to seniors by "executive action," this regulation will have put all of the procedures and definitions in place to do so.

And guess what? Obama MAY argue that, if this regulation specifically acknowledges that seniors are prohibited persons, then the NICS Improvement Act will require Social Security to take their guns away.

Click here to read the rest of this alert online.

How to Take Action

The Social Security Administration has posted regulations here. And they are inviting comments from the general public.

While you can fax or mail your comments, they "strongly recommend that you submit your comments via the Internet."

So here's what to do:

• Visit the Federal eRulemaking portal at www.regulations.gov.
  • Use the "Search" function to find docket number SSA–2016–0011.
  • Submit your comments, using the pre-written text suggested below or by uploading your own text.
NOTE: The regulations state that, "The system will issue a tracking number to confirm your submission. You will not be able to view your comment immediately because we must post each comment manually. It may take up to a week or more for your comment to be viewable."

You have until July 5 to submit your comments.

Sincerely,

Michael Hammond
Legislative Counsel
Gun Owners of America

P.S. Please submit your outrage with Obama's plan to ban hundreds of thousands of senior citizens from owning guns -- by sending your comments to the Social Security administration.
My comment:

"Proposed regulations could lead to anyone receiving benefits from SSA who has a payee that manages their money for them being declared incompetent to own firearms via the NCIS. Many people have payees simply for convenience, or for minor issues that make paying their bills themselves inconvenient or impractical. This proposed regulation lumps all recipients with payees together with those few who are actually incompetent to own firearms simply due to their payee status. It is inaccurate. It is unfair. It is wrong."

Hmmm, seems like the remedy is to get off the government dole in the first place. The instant you accept money from them, it's like saying, "Do to me what you please."

Hmmm, seems like the remedy is to get off the government dole in the first place. The instant you accept money from them, it's like saying, "Do to me what you please."
There are a LOT of people who would LOVE to "get off the government dole". My daughter has a brain injury due to surgery for a tumor, and it affects her memory, so it's impossible for her to work (she tried but kept getting terminated for her mistakes). She'd like nothing better than to "get off the government dole". For the same reason it's difficult for her to remember when to pay her bills, so she has a payee who pays her bills and gives her an allowance each month. She is, however, perfectly capable of handling and using firearms because remembering whether it's loaded or not is not an issue. All guns are always loaded.

You might try considering who you are including in your critical statements before making them. They may play well on talk radio, but in real life real people are hurt by them.

Yup, for some people it is the only option to keep on going.

Having given up on myself at one point, I tried to file a claim for SSI and was denied for 4 years of appeals and two 3" binders full of current medical work ups.

If your on SSI your on it for a good reason and it isn't easy to get on that list.

I guess I'm glad I was denied because I love my guns but now am back at square one trying to figure out how to make an income while still not being able to do the things any normal person can/should be able to do at even a mediocre job.

In the 19th century there was no government dole. People got taken care of anyway. Churches and families and voluntary associations. Then government usurped these functions.

I am not saying people should not be taken care of. I am saying that being on the dole puts you in a vulnerable position, something proven by this very topic.

In the 19th century there was no government dole. People got taken care of anyway. Churches and families and voluntary associations. Then government usurped these functions.

I am not saying people should not be taken care of. I am saying that being on the dole puts you in a vulnerable position, something proven by this very topic.
My dad was born in 1902. Yep, you're correct. There was no "government dole". That's why when his dad died he quit school at the age of 13 to go to work in the steel mill and support his mother and 4 siblings all younger than him. You're right, that was a wonderful system. No freeloaders sucking all of our tax money away. Life was just grand.

how bout obama starts paying back all the money the damn gov has taken out of social security.
One more time folks, do you'll remember way back in grade school when they taught civics class? If you're starting to come out of the fog, you may remember that it's the job of congress to determine budgets, not the president. JMHO, when people start squawking about any president spending money, when it's the job of congress, it takes the legitimacy out of their argument.

Generally, Social Security is not "the dole".

It is an account you pay into and get money back out of later. Don't pay into it, don't get anything out. There are exceptions (survivors benefits - in which case, a spouse or a parent paid in and died), but almost all of the SS programs require you pay into them in some fashion.

That isn't to say I like Social Security, but it is not at all the same as "welfare" or other social programs where you can get benefits without paying anything into an account. I would prefer that Social Security was privatized in some fashion. If I die, my child doesn't get a penny out of my SSI account, even though I have put in well over a hundred thousand in taxes. At least with my private IRA/401K accounts, my child gets those if I die.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top