JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
"on here" = site. The "off-topic" forum is for non-political & non-firearm related topics.

"political in nature" can encompass a number of different things and be somewhat gray at times. However, if you're talking about an elected official, government employee, law, policy, etc. - it should be related to guns. When the topic gets somewhat gray, moderators have discretion on when to step in.

The way I see it (and Joey may be able to articulate this better) is that 1) there are a number of people across the political spectrum who support gun rights & we're all here because of a shared interest in guns - trashing people's political/religious/etc. views distracts from our core reason for being here; and 2) it has been our experience that political discussions on here rarely turn out well.

If not discussed:s0155: by us, who then. Were the ONLY ones who care!

"on here" = site. The "off-topic" forum is for non-political & non-firearm related topics.

"political in nature" can encompass a number of different things and be somewhat gray at times. However, if you're talking about an elected official, government employee, law, policy, etc. - it should be related to guns. When the topic gets somewhat gray, moderators have discretion on when to step in.

The way I see it (and Joey may be able to articulate this better) is that 1) there are a number of people across the political spectrum who support gun rights & we're all here because of a shared interest in guns - trashing people's political/religious/etc. views distracts from our core reason for being here; and 2) it has been our experience that political discussions on here rarely turn out well.

This is correct, thanks Sun.

For those of you longing to discuss politics, another site will be launching soon to fill that void :s0155:

I for one do not want to see this site go too political, or beyond firearm politics. I've seen those other sites; they just become yelling matches. Yes it gets kind of boring around here sometimes, but it is for the best, in my opinion, that personal politics other than firearms related should go somewhere else.

Mods seem kind of stiff sometimes, but they are doing a great job in keeping this site clean and fun for all!:s0155:

Want to help out with the politics, come to <broken link removed> and see what bad moderation can do to a forum.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top