JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon Brass LLC, NorthwestFirearms, OFF, and Beavercreek armory,

Machine Gun shoot.

Where.. Memaloose Road (NFD 45), specific location mapped below...
<broken link removed>
(Page is still being updated)

When.. Sept 27th, 2009

If you want to travel as a group meet at 9AM, here...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...69061&sspn=0.001868,0.004163&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

15960 SE 82nd Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015-9502

We will caravan up from here for anyone who doesn't know how to get there.

By 10AM, we should be established and shooting at the shooting location, mapped below...
(<broken link removed>)

What.. NFA shoot
Confirmed weapons to be there:
4: M/16s w/ suppressors
1: AK-47
1: Barrett .50 m107 sniper rifle
1: 1911 – 45 suppressor
1: p22 w/ suppressor
1: mark III w/ suppressor
1: semi MAC 12 380 w/suppressor

(still working on getting some more)

Anyone is welcome to attend. There will be several machine guns for people to try out, along with a lot of suppressors.
Children are welcome, this is a family event.
No Alcohol Please.

Please bring eye and hearing protection. Drinks will be available for a small donation to keep Memaloose open.

FREE to attend, small fee to use the guns.
Come and go as you please.

Please see the flier attached for directions from Estacada.

Or just type your address in this map and get directions from Google:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...80157&sspn=0.007508,0.016651&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

We will have signs from Estacada to the shooting area.
Please call and leave a message if you plan on attending: 503-482-6574 or Post a message / pm me. We would like to get an idea of how many people will be attending.

Machine Gun Shoot.jpg

I just got confirmation that all of these will be there in addition to the other weapons above.

> MP38 - 9mm
>
> MP40 -9mm
>
> MP5 -9mm
>
> MP5-suppressed - 9mm
>
> MP5/40cal
>
> Baretta 38/42 - 9mm
>
> PPSh 41 7.62X25
>
> Thompson M1A1 - .45
>
> M2 Carbine - .30 carbine - short on this ammo
>
> Grease gun M3A1 - .45
>
> Grease gun - suppressed - .45
>
> Swedish K - 9mm
>
> Sten - 9mm
>
> Austen - 9mm
>
> AK - 7.62X39
>
> UZI - 9mm
>
> M60 - .308
>
> MG74 ( 42 ) -.308
> SAW M249 .223
> Ruger AC556 .223
> HK MP5K - N 9mm
>
>
> HK MP5 - N 9mm
>
>
>
> PAWS M16 .223
>
>
>
> Egypt M - 45 9mm
>
>
>
> Guns&Tackle MP- 40 9mm
>
>
>
> ChiCom AK- 47 7.62 X 39
>
>
>
> MG - 3 7.62 Nato
>
>
>
> Auto Ord Thompson M1A1 .45
>
>
>
> MAADI AKM 7.62 X 39
>
>
>
> Madsen M50 .30 - 06
>
>
>
> Winchester M-14 7.62 Nato
>
>
>
> DPM 7.62 X54R
>
>
> HK G3 Sniper 7.62 Nato
>
>
> ChiCom RPD 7.62 X 39
>
>
>
> PAWS ZX7SS .45
>
>
>
> LaFrance PPSh 41 7.62 X 25
>
>
>
> GEMTEC USGI M2 Carbine Housing .30 Carbine
>
>
>
> MAADI AMD 7.62X39
>
>
>
> Galil SAR .223

If you have any questions feel free to call and leave a message: 503-482-6574
or Email: [email protected]

I have gotten several PM's of people who are coming, but yes i would love to see as much interest in this thread as there was in the planning thread.

We might have the shoot on both Saturday and Sunday.

..Small fee to use the guns? The event that I was planning was to just get guys to come out and for anybody who wanted to use MGs to bring quality ammunition. I'm set back by the fact that I started a thread and then you used it to promote your event instead.

What is this small fee?

I worked very hard to get it to be free to use. But it just couldn't be done. There was only two dealers willing, Cocktailer, and Beavercreek armory. Cocktailer cannot make it. Maybe at another one he can. But in order to get more then 3 - 4 machine guns there had to be a compromise. Beavercreek will let you bring ammo and shoot it. the other guns, that is what they do. they hold shoots, with ammo and lots of guns. The fee isn't to use the weapons, it is for the ammo, and them loading the mags. It is gray area legal to rent post sample machine guns. In fact it is really frowned upon by the ATF. so to cover the dealers, they have to charge something for the wear and tear. Machine guns go through barrels and parts quickly with extended fire. so they charge something to be able to buy replacement parts. I will put another one together when Cocktailer is able to go and let people use the guns. it is up to him if he chooses to charge for it. they arn't my guns, none of them are but 1 suppressor. I am letting who ever wants to shoot it for free if they have the ammo, or for the price of the ammo if not. It is up to the owners to decide what they need to get to make it worth it for them. I cannot control them. I feel it would be more messed up to say it is free and then you drive out there and find out there are a few dealers charging. this way you know up front.

As a side note this is not just our event. this is an event for several things. OFF, NWFA, OB, BeaverCreek, and Ammo and Extras.

Half of the reason the shoots never happen is there is no incentive for dealers to show up (dealers are in the business to make money, not just play with them). You might be able to get one or two people to bring there rifles out, but even that is difficult.

Also please realize this is different then most machine gun shoots. Most charge you just to watch. And if you are really bothered by the fee please also realize it costs money for this to happen. There is a heavy price for liability insurance for anyone who owns the guns. they are taking a risk by letting someone else use there weapons.

In addition you are also more then welcome to bring your own weapons. And there will be other people with non NFA weapons to shoot also. it is a nice chance for everyone here to get together, have some fun shooting together and if you want to shoot one of the NFA weapons you can.

I don't have an answer as far as a price break down.

It is a group of dealers who put on these events.

Our group gets nothing from this but the brass that has been shot.

The prices are going to vary by caliber and gun being shot. I will be in contact with the group later today and see if i can get a break down of costs per mag per gun.

OK. Could you also find out what, if any, kind of factory ammo would be OK to bring? I have boxed PMC in .223, WWB in 9mm, Blazer Brass in .45, etc that would be cheaper for me to just bring instead of buy there.

Just bring what you have.

It is a group of dealers and individuals. Some might be D***s and not allow you to use anything then what they have. others will let you use there weapons for wear and tear fee.

We are not in control of what anyone wants to use there weapons. They are theirs, and they have to get what they feel they need to make it worth taking the risk of law suit, or damage to their guns.

I will try to have more details this week, but it might not be until i meet with them at the portland expo center gun show on the 18th - 20th. I know Beavercreek armory will let you shoot the .223 out of their m16's. Dave is a nice guy and easy to get along with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top