JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While the world watched Bundy Ranch sympathizers mount up to rally against the BLM, there was tension between the Militia and the Oath Keepers that is only really known within the two factions. To be clear, I'm for both organizations and it saddens me that not everyone can "get along".

To summarize the "facts" of what started this mess-

*An Oath Keeper got "intel" that their was a "drone strike" headed to the Bundy Ranch
*This "intel" was passed on
*Oath Keepers moved their camp
*"Bundy Security Personnel" uninvited all Oath Keepers
*Oath Keepers were blamed for spreading rumors, causing dissent among the Ranch and many suppossedly accussed the Oath Keepers as being "traitors" and "cowards"

My take? Lots of disorganization...no clear standards of conduct. Too many people trying to take charge and everyone wanted to do their own thing. There were even posers coming in claiming to be from Special Forces backgrounds that never even served in the military- claiming to represent militia factions. Lots of "Type A" personalities making us all look bad...

I suggest read up on the Oath Keeper's comments on the Bundy Ranch issues.

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
The issues you outlined are PRECISELY why I don't join (or associate) with "organized" groups (of any kind).

I'll stick with the "militia of one" concept, thanks.

Going it alone definitely has its advantages and disadvantages...nevertheless, if you do decide to become apart of a militia, I would suggest vetting every member. One thing that the Oath Keepers do is actually verify military/LEO status of all their actual members (not their affiliates).

I'm not trying to pick sides on this, but imagine that you actually have a member status from Oath Keepers...that status is universal within the Oath Keepers. Now imagine showing up to this cluster and approach the guys that are already there.

"Hi I'm from the Oath Keepers. I would like to know your security plan and where we can help"

Then you get the-

"I used to be a Major in the 7th Special Forces group, I'm in charge here" from some never-served-in-the-military, testosterone filled, nutbag that has the charisma to gather followers but the tact of a bull in a China shop and the military knowledge of a typical 14-year old playing Call of Duty eight hours a day.

Mind you, I'm trying to play middle ground here...the Oath Keepers threw a match on the gas when they started blabbing about drone strikes from their DoD source so they're deserving the flak they're getting. However, if you call yourself militia- you should be ashamed of the above.

Last Edited:
Going it alone definitely has its advantages and disadvantages...nevertheless, if you do decide to become apart of a militia, I would suggest vetting every member. One thing that the Oath Keepers do is actually verify military/LEO status of all their actual members (not their affiliates).

I'm not trying to pick sides on this, but imagine that you actually have a member status from Oath Keepers...that status is universal within the Oath Keepers. Now imagine showing up to this cluster and approach the guys that are already there.

"Hi I'm from the Oath Keepers. I would like to know your security plan and where we can help"

Then you get the-

"I used to be a Major in the 7th Special Forces group, I'm in charge here" from some never-served-in-the-military, testosterone filled, nutbag that has the charisma to gather followers but the tact of a bull in a China shop and the military knowledge of a typical 14-year old playing Call of Duty eight hours a day.

Mind you, I'm trying to play middle ground here...the Oath Keepers threw a match on the gas when they started blabbing about drone strikes from their DoD source so they're deserving the flak they're getting. However, if you call yourself militia- you should be ashamed of the above.

so you are saying if they got intel on a drone strike they should not pass the word on for others to make up their own mind and just leave the area sit back and watch the fireworks if it really should have happened???

If it ever comes to a total SHTF scenario in the rural areas it will be individuals and small groups who band together for survival. The real battles will be raging in the big cities and God help us all if we cannot come together and work as a team...

so you are saying if they got intel on a drone strike they should not pass the word on for others to make up their own mind and just leave the area sit back and watch the fireworks if it really should have happened???

The "intel" should have been verified. Besides, do you really think that moving a tent a few hundred yards would have made any difference?

Individuals (With all their goodies ) will be PRIME TARGETS . Large previously Organized volunteer Groups ( After the Larger better organized"Paid" Groups become fragmented & dwindle ) will be a safer bet after it all comes down.

The "intel" should have been verified. Besides, do you really think that moving a tent a few hundred yards would have made any difference?

I guess they should have waited till they got a copy of the memo signed by bozo saying they were going to use drones and fire on the americans. sometimes it is safer to pass the word and be wrong then to have dead people if your info is right, in which case you would be saying they had the info but didn't pass it on. the blood is on their hands.

yes I do, if the target is the Bundy family then everyone else would be out of range of the explosion. once the main problem is gone there would be no reason for the militia or Oathkeepers to stay there.

That's just it, if you truly believe that the government is capable of droning US citizens, then why even stage at the Bundy Ranch? Why not just park your armed little merry band of conspiracy nutjobs on the front porch of the whitehouse and fight him instead of a team of BLM officers?

A
That's just it, if you truly believe that the government is capable of droning US citizens, then why even stage at the Bundy Ranch? Why not just park your armed little merry band of conspiracy nutjobs on the front porch of the whitehouse and fight him instead of a team of BLM officers?

You don't think this administration is capable of droning US citizens. After you see cops killing unarmed people and the investigation shows they followed police procedure.

And if they were at the w h then blm would of had free reign to do as they please

A

You don't think this administration is capable of droning US citizens. After you see cops killing unarmed people and the investigation shows they followed police procedure.

And if they were at the w h then blm would of had free reign to do as they please

They already Drone US citizens. Ask that guy down in Yemen. Or whats left of him after the drone attack.

If ever they start "droning" citizens on U.S. soil, I believe there could mass upheavals all over the place.

Exactly. That would be the dumbest thing the Federal Government could do in that situation. Besides, just the mention of a drone strike and having Cliven Bundy mention "cotton-picking Negros" broke up that gathering, disorganized the troops, clouded the mission and stunted support more than any direct attack could have possibly dreamed up.

We are our own worst enemy; not the government.

You're right, you have to wonder about some of the militia guys. Like the guy that told the press they were going to put the women and children in the line of fire?

Still, I hate to see any division among those who cherish our freedom. As we all know that's exactly what "they" want.

I'm also suspicious of any self proclaimed patriot until I know a little bit about them.

We're safe from drones for the time being, but when you have "Dirty Harry" addressing the Senate calling the folks at Bundy's ranch terrorists, you know he grooming opinions.

Many, many years ago I joined the Air Force and the last procedure was to take an oath to obey the constitution from domestic and
Foreign something, I forget the real language of such.
Yesterday I heard a advertisement for the Navy asking for volunteers and part of the spiel was to "obey the constitution and those whose rank was above theirs". I don't know how to bold and underline the part of "those who hold higher rank" Paraphrase, as I don't remember exact wording.
This made my blood run cold. Brought back WW2 and Nazi's saying " I was just following orders". Is this the line to hold soldiers to shooting Amerikan civilians?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top