JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oath Keepers reject orders, refuse to stand down, remain on Ferguson rooftops - National gun rights | Examiner.com
<broken link removed>
Oath Keepers reject orders, refuse to stand down, remain on Ferguson rooftops
Next: Police threatening Ferguson Oath Keepers undermining own interests
December 3, 2014 12:11 PM MST
Armed Oath Keepers have advised St. Louis County Police through their attorney that they have every right to guard rooftops of Ferguson businesses that want them there, and have refused to stand down.
Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images

af599b0f64b8c771315d581beceb4f86.jpg
Members of Oath Keepers, a national group that includes current and retired military and law enforcement personnel, have rejected orders from St. Louis County Police to abandon posts on top of private businesses that invited their protection, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday. The order to stand down was issued under presumed authority of a county ordinance prohibiting unlicensed security personnel.
"Once we read the statute, we laughed at it," local Oath Keepers leader Sam Andrews commented, explaining the ordinance applies to employed security personnel. "Then, the next night, we were there."
The committed presence of Oath Keepers could renew confrontation dangers, as group founder Stewart Rhodes had earlier cited a report of members being targeted, presumably by a federal law enforcement sniper team. Per Rhodes, such teams had not communicated with local law enforcement, let alone coordinated activities with them.
Confirming the Post-Dispatch report is an update from Rhodes sent to members and supporters Wednesday, explaining that, contrary to some reports, the group did not abandon their posts. The alert also included a letter from an Oath Keepers attorney.
"As retired police officer and Missouri police academy instructor John Karriman said, we will not, and did not, stop protecting the buildings and people we had promised to protect," Rhodes insisted. "We were there the very next night after being told to stop, and we have been there every night since. And we will continue to be there until calm is restored and we are no longer needed."
"A review of the applicable statutes and regulations makes clear that the Oath Keepers do not fall under the provisions of St. Louis County Code ... as suggested by your officers," attorney Matthew H. Hearne advised St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar. "To assert that the property owners of Ferguson do not have the right to invite the Oath Keepers to assist them would be tantamount to telling an individual that they do not have the right to assist a neighbor in need. Additionally the property owners and Oath Keepers have numerous other Rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution including the right to freely assemble which may not be restricted by any County Ordinance or State Statute."
What will happen next, and if the official response will be through attorneys or through initiation of force aimed at removing volunteers from businesses they have been gratefully welcomed to protect, is unknown at this writing. The one certainty at this time is that no businesses being guarded by armed guest volunteers actualizing the motto "Not on our watch" have been attacked or burned while they were standing guard.

Last Edited:
Did you see the number of cities that are under siege tonight on the news.
Tempers are running short even with LE now.
It is being stoked by Islamic militants and Black Panther type groups and reaching an all
out explosive state.
It won't be long.
Obama and Holder are making sure of that.
They want their martial law so they can ignite the ultimate war on American soil.
They may get just what they ask for.

Pretty damned sad state of affairs that people let this country reach this point in history.
I have a hunch everyone out there will wish for arms and body armor before this ends.

Obama is running out of time and his Islamic buddies are in the middle of it, pretending
to be citizen anti LE protestors.
Watch the arsons increase and the riots to grow unless someone really wakes up, which does not look too promising.
Pay very close attention to what is happening out there. This can erupt extremely fast if it reaches
that flash point.

Last Edited:
Oath Keepers... What I do not understand? Why there are not 300 times the number...

My Oath(s) never had an experation date... And I took my First Oath, at age 8, don't laugh... I mean what I say.

Our Scouting taught shooting skills, when I was in, and I was in Scouting until our troop disbanded, for loss of leadership.

The Only skills the Army ~really~ taught me:

CBR training
Sucking Chest Wound in First Aid.
Additional training in Marching
How to make my Bunk, and prep my field locker.

I was one of 10-15 who already HAD Rifle Skills in my Company, which is how I was awarded the Expert Badge for M-14, the finest Weapon of its era.

philip, who lost internet connection while posting

Agreed, Godspeed to those guys.

Just wait until there's an all out war against the black community and the bosnian community that the teens have heen attacking.

This will continue to get worse and as they are allowed to defy the law and order of society the numbers of rioters, looters, and "protesters" will grow and become more intense.

How about rather than cater to such ignorance you just be leaders and tell them to act right before they get smacked right!

Try having some respect for your neighbors and community, respect for the laws and order in the country, and have some freakin personal accountability.

No, not at all. quite the opposite in fact. The "Oath keepers" (I use that label only because its the premise of the article) have every right to do what they are doing, I fully support them.

There's a pretty big divide from that and veiled racism, chest thumping and insane accusations about people and groups that have nothing to do with the situation presented though.
Thank you for the clarification

No, not at all. quite the opposite in fact. The "Oath keepers" (I use that label only because its the premise of the article) have every right to do what they are doing, I fully support them.

There's a pretty big divide from that and veiled racism, chest thumping and insane accusations about people and groups that have nothing to do with the situation presented though.

Just like the black panthers being there? And fronting as a "protest group" when they are just as much a domestic terrorist group as any? A modern day organized crime group, trained thugs.

The Oathkeepers put out the following letter that I believe is pretty good:
<broken link removed>

They appear to support the right of peaceful protest - good for them since peaceful protest is needed.
They oppose heavy-handed police tactics - exactly right. If I were a taxpayer in Ferguson and the agency i paid to keep the peace used tactics that increased disorder, I would be highly pissed off.
They have protected businesses without resorting to violence, again good for them.
Their actions seem to be a world apart from the looters, who are working for God knows who.

I don't disagree with that. Sharpton especially seems to be involved only where it suits to further his fame and prestige. He has served no purpose here other than to excite an allready charged situation. It's ironic that he claims to want justice and peace, yet he openly encourages and promotes inappropriate action by the masses, then slinks away into the shadows once the rocks start flying.
Not to mention he owes the govt huge sums of money and should be jailed or at very least bankrupt but his buddies barry and eric bail him out.

OK - I gutted all the stuff that was getting to far off topic, the baiting, some political and some racial stuff - all in all I think I cut 33 posts.
Note - many of those were not in violation but no longer made sense once the items that went astray were deleted.

Now - every one please play nice and try to stay on topic... no baiting, trolling, name calling, etc.

Thank you

Play ball!

Was there a link about the FBI snipers keeping them in their sights?

Thanks S K!!!

Yep here is one about the State Snipers. Will hunt up the one on the FBI targeting them

In Ferguson Oathkeepers report State highway patrol snipers deploy onto the roof of a nearby fire hall and point rifles at them.
http://christianpatriots.org/2014/11/29/exclusive-called-domestic-terrorists-by-the-feds-oath-keepers-help-stop-ferguson-from-burning/
and
http://benswann.com/exclusive-interview-called-domestic-terrorists-by-the-feds-oath-keepers-help-stop-ferguson-from-burning/
Exclusive: Called "domestic terrorists" by the feds, Oath Keepers help stop Ferguson from burning
By: Joshua Cook Nov 30, 2014
oath-keepers.jpg
By Joshua Cook
You might have seen them on the news. The people protecting Ferguson businesses from the arsonists and looters ransacking Ferguson, Mo. But here is the real story about the organization protecting those businesses. They're called Oath Keepers, and they have ex-police and ex-military keeping guard of four Ferguson businesses since late Monday night, Nov. 24, at the permission of the business owners.
They've been shown in the media before, but the report was incorrect, according to Stewart Rhodes, national founder of president of the Oath Keepers, who stressed that the group is not just business owners.
"We are not. We are military and police veterans who are volunteer security for local businesses. We have Iraq and Afghanistan combat vets in the rooftops, along with retired cops, guarding the shops," he said.
The four businesses include Natalie's Cakes and More, a bakery that was featured on Fox News, a beauty supply store, a dentist's office and a Chinese restaurant.
In addition to their work keeping businesses safe, and the people living there, the group has also seen some totally bizarre interactions by the federal government and the state highway patrol.
According to Rhodes, "We had an alarming incident that happened last night with our team spotting what looked like a fed three-man sniper team moving into a nearby house on higher ground, and then pointing their rifles at our team of American combat veterans, while our team was guarding the buildings against looters."
Rhodes said the team even observed the state highway patrol snipers deploy onto the roof of a nearby fire hall and point rifles at them.
"Our team leader called Unified Command to find out what was going on and then local police responded," he explained.
He said that the local police were unaware of what the federal government were doing and that there was no coordination. "The local police are on our side and expressed gratitude for us being there, but the Feds are trying to run us out."
The federal government is trying to badmouth this organization of ex-police and ex-military, even called them a "domestic terrorist" group.
"The local cops told the Feds it was crazy to label us terrorists, when all we are doing is guarding against arsonists," said Rhodes.
Sam, a team leader in Ferguson, told BenSwann.com's Joshua Cook in an exclusive interview that they aren't there to protect property. They are protecting the people living in the buildings from firebombs. They are willing to use lethal force to protect lives allowed by state law.
Rhodes told Cook that law enforcement wants to remove their group from the rooftops by citing an obscure state law regarding paid security firms. Rhodes plans to organize a protest if local officials try to remove them.
Sam told Cook, "Buildings to the north are burning every night, buildings to the south are burning every night. Since we have been here no one has thrown a molotov cocktail through the windows or caught the building on fire."
Listen to the full interview below:
http://benswann.com/exclusive-interview-called-domestic-terrorists-by-the-feds-oath-keepers-help-stop-ferguson-from-burning/
Ben Swann will be anchoring on RT on Monday at 4pm and 5pm eastern from Ferguson.

OK - I gutted all the stuff that was getting to far off topic, the baiting, some political and some racial stuff - all in all I think I cut 33 posts.
Note - many of those were not in violation but no longer made sense once the items that went astray were deleted.

Now - every one please play nice and try to stay on topic... no baiting, trolling, name calling, etc.

Thank you

Play ball!

Thanks SK. Truly appreciate it.

This situation in Ferguson is not toning down and is very close to being a National flashpoint if Feds or Staters get an itchy finger. Sounds like they are really itching to let that rioting continue and are very much ready to kick it to the next level. One of multiple cities that things are gradually heating up at more an more by the day. Instigators working to keep things stirred up. All needs to be monitored heavily, as the MSM won't get you the truth. Dig it out.
They did, though, show that on the news a couple nights ago and the size of the protests/riots are growing all over the country, but still not being very out in the open about it.

At this point I really don't think many truly believe that the riots and demonstrations have much to do with Ferguson now. It's morphed into a platform for OWS organizers and their fellow travelers like the NBPP, Nation of Islam, CAIR, etc...

There are some very, very deep pockets behind these "community organizers"...
and most don't give a rat's butt about some dead black guy in Missouri at this point
(if they ever really did). If the media was doing it's job this would die out fast.

At this point I really don't think many truly believe that the riots and demonstrations have much to do with Ferguson now. It's morphed into a platform for OWS organizers and their fellow travelers like the NBPP, Nation of Islam, CAIR, etc...

There are some very, very deep pockets behind these "community organizers"...
and most don't give a rat's butt about some dead black guy in Missouri at this point
(if they ever really did). If the media was doing it's job this would die out fast.

Yep that is just an easy fuse for them to begin the rest.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top