JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who is good with photoshop? I'd like an advertisement mixing the Serpa holsters with a napkin.

(I do note that this is not funny for the lady who was shot, I am poking fun at that particular gun owner's stupidity)

I use proper safe handling along with a quality holster. I don't *RELY* on the manual safety on my LC9s, but I do use it. I've trained all my life with pistols with thumb safeties. I didn't want one oddball pistol without a thumb safety in my arsenal to confuse my learned reactions. That said, I can do everything with my LC9s that I or you can do as far as safe handling with any other pistol, but I also have the added feature of a manual safety. It's hard to argue that that doesn't improve my chances of NOT having a ND.

I agree. With one extra layer of protection, today this guy would be enjoying his gun rights (or whining about the cost of ammo more likely) and wouldn't be in jail. That backflipping FBI agent would still have a good job.

I understand this incident could have been avoided by not being a bonehead, but I suspect that we all pull bonehead moves in the rare moment but fail to notice them because it is extremely rare that they result in negative consequences.

I'm sure most of our bonehead moments didn't come at such great cost....which is why we all come here to
laugh at his expense while gloating over how safe, wise and professional we are. I've seen similar mindset
with gun owners as well as pilots who invest a great deal of time in their profession...only to get complacent
with their thousands of flight time and run on fumes, fly into terrain in low visibility etc. Be safe out there
and don't think that you're immune from an impromptu, stupid act with your firearm. Just hope that it doesn't
end as tragically as the episode which started this thread.

Just some random thoughts as I was reading through

But Andy, everyone knows that penetration of 12" in ballistic gelatin directly equates to insta kill bullets.
Uhm... I hate to break it to you, but you only engange insta kill bullets if you tilt your gun sideways. Everyone knows that.

Like the 21 year old CPL licensee who fired off a round in the Tacoma Chuck E Cheese in fall 2018.
Or the guy in the Renton Movie theater in 2016...

Was any of this actual event or risk worth it to save his damn muffin top an hour of discomfort???

Also, as a fat guy myself, the answer to the problem with a gun being uncomfortable in relation to your tactical muffin top is easy. Carry at 4 O'Clock, or hell, rock it at 3. Don't put your gun under your dickydo and you won't have it digging into you while sitting down.

I know many here don't agree with my style of carry, but for ME personally this is why I don't carry chambered. Granted, this guys obviously pulled the trigger accidentally but still. It's just another precaution. And no, I don't need your opinions on my carry style ;)

I know many here don't agree with my style of carry, but for ME personally this is why I don't carry chambered. Granted, this guys obviously pulled the trigger accidentally but still. It's just another precaution. And no, I don't need your opinions on my carry style ;)

Knock yourself out, this is a software issue not a hardware issue, pure and simple.

I'm NOT a betting man. BUT......why do I just wanna say......

"GLOCK."

Aloha, Mark

Becuz incompetents only only carry Glocks :rolleyes:

Goodman's attorney blamed PTSD and brain damage from a childood car accident for potentially causing him to forget he had placed the loaded gun on his chair when he stood up at the restaurant, then sat down again, somehow causing the gun to fire.

Sounds more like a Sig to me.
Sig P320 Memes - Drop-Fire Fail - Romano Law

I only read the first couple posts and roughly skimmed the rest but here is what I see about the person:
New gun owner, looking to show how 'cool' he is:,
'Look at me - I need to take my gun out' (so all can see) and covers it with a napkin, (only 'momentarily' as the story says) then gets up and while 'placing the gun back in his holster when it fired'.

Idiot, zero experience and looking only to impress those who probably didn't care.
The story did say he was a firearms instructor. Not that that automatically makes him competent (or smart for that matter), but probably not a zero experience new gun owner....

BTW, he got a year for it. Seems pretty cheap for costing someone the use of their legs.
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/firearms-teacher-sentenced-for-oak-harbor-restaurant-shooting/
Reading the article makes me think of a comment someone in this chat said. "Complacency". The guy is an instructor and this happened. Reading how the judge ruled, goes to show why it's such a responsibility to carry. One slip up, even an accident, can ruin your life. No secret people like to villianize gun owners. 12 months as a criminal, loss of gun rights and sued. I think I will send this article to my boys to remind them how important it is to respect your firearm and the consequences of carelessness

Mistakes can be made by anyone...Most of the time mistakes can be corrected , or even , at times laughed off.
Mistakes with firearms can be life altering.
Do your best to not make a mistake with a firearm.
The life you save , with your precaution and attention to detail , may be your own , in addition to the lives of others.
Andy

And still......no ID on the firearm. Reporters are sure lazy and/or incompetent now a days.
I'm thinking the reporters know who they are 'talking' to and both know little to nothing about guns so they are going to concentrate on the actions of the person and what took place and leave the 'specifics' of the gun out of it.

So that is the first instructor I have ever heard of who caries a .40 S&W...
No matter how you slice it his discharge was negligent. especially so if he had developed poor gun handling practices, such as unholstering in public. That poor woman. In the Herald though I notice they quoted her as stating " No need to carry a gun with 15 hollow point in public ". Seeing as how it was a through and through being a hollow point not one Witt of difference, and he only shot once, so round capacity was not an issue. Sadly this just add fuel to the fire for those people so fervently wishing to vote away their god given rights. So my guess is she was prepped by her shyster with the buzz words.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top