JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The article indicates the man had his WA State concealed-pistol license (CPL).

Let's be safe out there. If you're going to carry, be proficient and have your chit together...

snippet:

An 80-year-old woman who was accidentally shot while eating dinner at an Oak Harbor restaurant Friday night is recovering, according to police.

The 57-year-old Coupeville man who inadvertently fired the gun in the crowded restaurant was arrested, booked and released. Prosecutors will decide whether to charge him with a crime.

Oak Harbor Police Chief Kevin Dresker said the man, who has a concealed license permit, was armed with a .40-caliber handgun at Fraser's Gourmet Hideaway. The gun owner removed the weapon, placed it on his chair and covered it with a napkin when he momentarily stood up.

The man was placing the gun back in his holster when it fired, Dresker said. The bullet went through the tablecloth and struck the woman, who was seated at another table. The bullet went through her shoulder and exited from her chest area.The woman didn't initially realize she had been hit.

I get so damn tired of this.

<The man was placing the gun back in his holster when it fired, Dresker said >
The gun did NOT just fire. What it should say is moron pulled the trigger while handling his gun. I'm sorry, I know "accidents happen" and all but, if someone wants to carry they should be responsible for being stupid. If you can not handle a loaded gun without touching off a round you should not carry a loaded gun.

WTF?

Why on earth is he handling his gun inside a restaurant???? I'm guessing he had some discomfort with it poking him while seated. Dumbazz!!!!

More restaurants now will be posting "No Firearms Allowed" signs... thanx buddy! :mad:

If your equipment is uncomfortable enough to remove your firearm from it's holster in public ,something is wrong .This is sad , and the guy will pay for this mistake. This looks bad on all of us.

If he needed to disarm, he should have gone out to his truck, locked it up in a lockbox, and gone back inside. Sitting it on a chair covered by a napkin???

I get so damn tired of this.

<The man was placing the gun back in his holster when it fired, Dresker said >
The gun did NOT just fire. What it should say is moron pulled the trigger while handling his gun. I'm sorry, I know "accidents happen" and all but, if someone wants to carry they should be responsible for being stupid. If you can not handle a loaded gun without touching off a round you should not carry a loaded gun.

Luckily, LUCKILY, considering the amount of CPLs issued in the last 8 years crap like this is fairly rare. Still, standing up, un-holstering, setting on a chair and covering with napkin??!! :oops:
Gun firing when holstering, isn't that the way Glocks, (and others I imagine) go off when something gets between the trigger and holster?

Maybe he needed to go to the restroom...and wanted to remove his pistol for safekeeping....?

I have been made fun of before on this forum for the following suggestion..but it bears repeating...
( The suggestion , not being made fun of..:D )
Practice carrying and securing your EDC while going to the bathroom while at home...so you have no issues when in a public restroom.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads