JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread (article and carry fail pics) makes me think some sort of stricter gun law might not be such a bad idea (some sort of idiot test?). The thought of many more idiots like this being out in public, and possibly at your very next table, is scary.
I definitely feel more concerned about the idiots behind the wheel all around me daily, the idiots handling food, fuel, medical equipment, toxic chemicals, the power grid, the water supply, inspection of foriegn goods, and on and on and on. That is to say that while I am conscious of these idiots, I understand that they aren't going away. My concern is minimal because being concerned isn't going to change the reality.
It's impossible to "legislate " personal responsibility.
It's also not serving anyone's interests to just keep passing laws like Venezuela prints money.
Unless that anyone is a lawyer.

The gun owner removed the weapon, placed it on his chair and covered it with a napkin when he momentarily stood up.
I only read the first couple posts and roughly skimmed the rest but here is what I see about the person:
New gun owner, looking to show how 'cool' he is:,
'Look at me - I need to take my gun out' (so all can see) and covers it with a napkin, (only 'momentarily' as the story says) then gets up and while 'placing the gun back in his holster when it fired'.

Idiot, zero experience and looking only to impress those who probably didn't care.

I'm NOT a betting man. BUT......why do I just wanna say......

"GLOCK."

Aloha, Mark

I always thought ND's were more of "super cheap gun" because those people don't know too much, or "more expensive" gun thing, because those people think that the money they spent equates to competence.

All that being said, what was the gun? Anybody know?

This thread (article and carry fail pics) makes me think some sort of stricter gun law might not be such a bad idea (some sort of idiot test?). The thought of many more idiots like this being out in public, and possibly at your very next table, is scary.
Not no but HELL NO!

You can't legislate against all acts of stupidity and you don't write laws for the lowest common denominator in society...unless you're happy with subjugating the rights of the masses to do it.

There are literally over 20K gun laws on the books between state and federal regulations. For the love of God, how many more do you want? And what law specifically would have prevented this?

With 330 Million people in our country some dumb stuff is going to happen. Moreover, this guy was a firearms instructor. I'm going to say that again since some people seem to be missing this...HE WAS A FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR!

The article doesn't give us anymore information on his background but I think we can assume he had at least a modest amount of training. Certainly far above what is required to obtain a Washington State CPL and he most certainly knew the safety rules. He did something very stupid. And he paid the price for it, as he should have. The system worked how it's supposed to.

Stop trying to create a perfectly safe, accident free, utopia. It doesn't exist. At some point in a free society people have to take responsibility for their own actions. And those that would give up their liberty for safety deserve NEITHER.

The exception does not disprove the rule.

exception = person does something stupid with a gun

rule = vast majority of gun owners acting responsibly and only shooting people who are trying to kill them

1) "I thought it was illegal to fondle my "gun" in public!"
It's called pocket pool!:D

2) Dick Cheney shot an octogenarian in the face with a 28 ga. without significant harm.
Does that make it useless for social work?

3) maroon vs. moron: "What a maroon!" is a line from Bugs Bunny cartoons, as noted above.

4) Meanwhile @ Walmart: Walmartians manifest all kinds of aberrant behaviors. This is just 1 of them, and not even among the really weird.

5) "Still a lot of unanswered questions about why it happened."
The only answer that matters is that if it had been left in the holster nothing would have happened.

6) "There are accidents, then there is negligence. They are not the same. This was negligence, not an accident."
True dat. He (F-bomb)'d up. BIG TIME!!

7) "A white one...with blue rims and a matching blue ragtop"
And a loud coffee can muffler.

He took his side arm out and placed it on the table under a napkin? WTF. Who does that? Moron. I am all for 2nd ammendment rights but people that make "mistakes" like this should not be carrying a firearm daily. Period.

The act of carrying a firearm should be done only by someone responsible enough to understand how import safe handling is. Jesus.

I see no reason to remove the pistol from a holster especially in a damn diner. It's people like this that make the rest of us concealed carry folks look like morons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top