JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's not bring color into this discussion........that would make you a moron. ;):)
What does it mean to call someone a maroon?
To maroon is to strand someone in an isolated place, often a deserted island. Think of "Gilligan's Island," "Survivor," or "Lost" — TV shows that feature folks marooned on islands — and you've got the idea. Maroon can be a noun or verb, depending on how you use it.
:rolleyes:

What does it mean to call someone a maroon?
To maroon is to strand someone in an isolated place, often a deserted island. Think of "Gilligan's Island," "Survivor," or "Lost" — TV shows that feature folks marooned on islands — and you've got the idea. Maroon can be a noun or verb, depending on how you use it.
:rolleyes:

Maroon is also a color.:)

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

So is it concealed if you look away?
Somebody got dressed and decided that was an acceptable way to carry that firearm. They then proceeded to go out into the world and show others.

fail on many levels.

I understand your position. I'd be curious if you could cite some sources for the claim that striker fired guns are more likely to ND.

Regardless, I think relying mainly on a manual safety is a REALLY bad habit. I also think that folks who rely on such things probably spend less time learning proper handling because the manual safety DOES give them the warm fuzzy feeling that all is good. It creates complacency and encourages less awareness because afterall, the gun MUST be safe because they flipped the switch. I'm not saying everyone, but I'm sure MANY flip that switch and just assume all is safe and good.

I'd assert that people that have NDs from striker fired guns are people that got used to their warm and fuzzy switch and never really learned proper handling or safe handling of firearms.

Oh, and that proper safe handling along with a quality holster will just about negate any chance of an ND. With ANY firearm.
I use proper safe handling along with a quality holster. I don't *RELY* on the manual safety on my LC9s, but I do use it. I've trained all my life with pistols with thumb safeties. I didn't want one oddball pistol without a thumb safety in my arsenal to confuse my learned reactions. That said, I can do everything with my LC9s that I or you can do as far as safe handling with any other pistol, but I also have the added feature of a manual safety. It's hard to argue that that doesn't improve my chances of NOT having a ND.

Goodman's victim, Barbara Bland, spoke at his sentencing hearing, according to The Herald.

"I wanted to tell Mr. Goodman," Bland said, according to The Herald, "that I think it was unnecessary to carry a loaded gun with 15 hollow-point bullets in the community under peaceful circumstances."

Hollow-point bullets are a common type of pistol round, and are designed to spread and tumble on impact, causing as much tissue damage as possible on impact.

o_O

I don't pull my gun from the holster unless I am going to use it. I hope I never have to face that situation in my lifetime. I have pistols with manual safeties and striker fired guns. I practice with both at the range but for my bedside pistol, it is a manual safety since I use a bedside holster that fits between the mattress and box spring.

I do have a lock box which I will use if children are staying at our home. It is carbon fiber case with a combination lock and key and has red light to illuminate the combination lock. I set the combination with the third wheel off by one digit so I can unlock very quickly.

This thread (article and carry fail pics) makes me think some sort of stricter gun law might not be such a bad idea (some sort of idiot test?). The thought of many more idiots like this being out in public, and possibly at your very next table, is scary.

This thread (article and carry fail pics) makes me think some sort of stricter gun law might not be such a bad idea (some sort of idiot test?). The thought of many more idiots like this being out in public, and possibly at your very next table, is scary.

Fear has always been used to restrict the individual rights of Americans. It's rather simple minded to think that you can stop idiots from being idiots, with more laws.

Hey, nofair!!! A retired general of my acquaintance drives a Mazda Miata, and he sure as hell ain't no panty-waist snowflake!
OK, I'll concede that the Miata is a neat little car and if I were 4 inches shorter I'd be very tempted to buy one. But just so I could turn it into a Monster. :cool:

My Miata-eater................

1614100528916.png

Just found this story, I would almost bet you that he had a cheap shoulder holster. If you look at most cheaper shoulder holsters they have the gun pointed straight back with a slight upward tilt. I bought one just to see if I wanted to go that route but will not use it because of how the gun is held, don't want to walk around with a loaded gun pointed at someone else's belly. The one I bought is also somewhat difficult to re-holster and I can see the possibility of it discharging while shoving it back into the holster if not done carefully. Still alot of unanswered questions about why it happened.

An 80-year-old woman who was accidentally shot while eating dinner at an Oak Harbor restaurant Friday night is recovering, according to police.
The 57-year-old Coupeville man who inadvertently fired the gun in the crowded restaurant was arrested, booked and released. Prosecutors will decide whether to charge him with a crime.
There are accidents, then there is negligence. They are not the same. This was negligence, not an accident.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top