JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
It was supposed to be a CHF PSA upper that I purchased from them. I believe it must have been switched out as I seem to recall seeing the CHF stamped on the barrel before I turned it over to them to modify. If it was not originally stamped CHF than it was misrepresented. I specifically purchased it because it was CHF
That's F'd up, I haven't been by there in awhile are they even still in business?

Swung by the other day and spoke with Nick. He stated that more than likely they confused lowers when they sent to gun smith. However since it was in August of last year not much he could do. He said he would "look" into it, when I pressed him on what that meant, he pretty much told me they would not be able to do anything. VERY dissapointed. I spent a few thousand of my hard earned money with them last year and referred several who also spent thousands of dollars with them. Lesson learned and I will not be fooled again.

So they are still in business??
Just parts. They do have a list of in stock firearms that they will sell and transfer through another FFL. Said they have no eta on FFL restoration. Either way, I will probably never darken the door steps of Oak Grove again.
I even offer that he order me a replacement barrel and I would give him the freedom barrel back and call it good.. He was not interested in that idea.

Just parts. They do have a list of in stock firearms that they will sell and transfer through another FFL. Said they have no eta on FFL restoration. Either way, I will probably never darken the door steps of Oak Grove again.
I even offer that he order me a replacement barrel and I would give him the freedom barrel back and call it good.. He was not interested in that idea.
That sucks, you could always file a BBB claim

That sucks, you could always file a BBB claim
I could. Personally thought to me that is a waste. I know I am partly to blame as I did not inspect the upper that was given back to me to make sure the correct parts were intact. I wholly blame them for not being willing to step up and make it right.

That whole mess is too bad, BEEMER! It really sounds more like fraud than a simple dumb azzed mistake! Doesn't much matter since he's not going to make it right anyway.

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread but here's a little info someone might find interesting.
I've delt with Oak Grove since they started and as some of the folks that have commented said "Dave is a great guy". This is true. He'll bend over backwards to make any problems right. The issue Bemmer had with his barrel getting swaped out for a different one could have easily been taken care of by calling or going in when Dave was there. Unfortunately his son Nick lacks the cutomer pleasing disposition of his father and comes across kinda snotty and disinterested .
I've known their gunsmith for quite a while and have had alot of work done by him. The guy is great to work with and has always done an excellent job for me and everyone else that I know of that has used his services.
The main problem is that he works a fulltime job on top of doing the smithy thing.
Like someone else mentioned the office where he picks up and drops off the jobs he does for OG is a disorganized mess so something getting lost in translation between the guys that work there and Keith (their gunsmith) is a distinct possibility. Not that that makes it ok but I can see how it could happen.
If Bemmer would have got hold of Dave or Keith I'm sure it would have been taken care of no questions asked.
Bottom line is it sucks to have that shop out of the loop as far as being an ffl holder. It's been close to a yr as of this writing and I don't see them coming back on line.
I don't know about anyone else but I'll miss doing business with them.

Last Edited:
Oh, and if you want to see the polar opposite of Oak Grove, try Mazzamas.
Over priced, and a serious lack of knowledge when it comes to firearms. But in their defense, they do know their business when it comes to fishing....I think?

I spoke with Keith ( their gunsmith) about a week ago and he told me that the only reason their still open is they still have some time to go on the stores lease. I guess what they sell in parts keeps the lease paid and lights on.
I saw Nick working the gun show this last weekend at the fairgrounds. He was his same disinterested self. Acted like he couldn't care less about the whole situation.
And unfortunately, from what I've heard from a couple different sources, he may have played a large part in the reason/reasons they lost their FFL:(

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top