JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That sure is a beauty. The patina and wear looks like a very early 1900's A.H Fox shotgun. Nice upgraded stocks on that one. The one I have was custom ordered by my great grandfather. He was a left handed shooter and the stock has a slight left hand cast off to it. It fits me like a glove. Almost like it was made for me. I know we are talking upland bird hunting, but it sure is a Turkey slayer as well. To date, it has never missed a turkey. I lost count how many turkey I've shot with that one. I even took a 26 pound tom right out of the air as he flew over me. Too many good memories with that shotgun. I've shot many quail, chukar, and pheasants with the old girl. At one time I thought about retiring it, but it just shoots too good to put it away. These guys that have not packed and shot a GOOD SxS are missing out...
You can hunt geese with an upland gun, but you can't hunt upland with a goose gun (well, you can try...;) )
Congrats BSA, it sounds like you've achieved Nirvana.
Rare thing. :s0155:

Dean

You can hunt geese with an upland gun, but you can't hunt upland with a goose gun (well, you can try...;) )
Congrats BSA, it sounds like you've achieved Nirvana.
Rare thing. :s0155:

Dean

Thanks buddy... Nirvana is my left handed wingmaster I found for $160.00. I don't even know how much money I've won with that shotgun!!!! Its a lot though..:cool:

Anybody notice this thread I over a year old.
But anyway upland birds get the double barrel.
Over under or side by side.
Waterfowl get the pump or Simi auto

Anybody notice this thread I over a year old.
But anyway upland birds get the double barrel.
Over under or side by side.
Waterfowl get the pump or Simi auto

Yup.

I agree in general, except my Charles Daly/Miroku O/U had a 3" chamber, 30" barrels, and both full choked. It was obviously a goose gun and I used it successfully for such. Later, I had the top barrel taken out to modified so that I could use it for waterfowl over decoys. It was okay for that, but I missed having a third shot that an auto or a pump would give you. Especially when pass shooting.

Best gun I had for ducks over decoys: An old Browning Auto 5. It swung a little faster than most autos because of the shortened stock that was on it, and it tracked well because of the weight compared to an O/U. Two different worlds.

Actually that saying came from Miller Lite, which takes like weak horse pee. I do prefer Mich Ultra... soooo smoooooooth!
I knew it wasn't the Ultra, but most light beers are horse pee-pee to me anyway, so it all fits.
What I miss is Beer Beer. It was just repackaged Lucky's, but it was fun getting drunk and trying to figure out the puzzles on the caps. :D

Dean

Last Edited:
I knew it wasn't the Ultra, but most light beers are horse pee-pee to me anyway, so it all fits.
What I miss is Beer Beer. It was just repackaged Lucky's, but it was fun getting drunk and trying to figure out the puzzles on the caps. :D

Dean

Oh well. I do enjoy light beer.... too much flavor is not appealing to me. Dark beer, local brews, etc... not for me. :)

Beer Beer? Oh, I never liked Lucky's nor Hamms, nor Brew 102 (guy in L.A. died in the vat), but when I was out of work I managed to buy Generic Beer. Same thing? Came in a white can with "BEER" in bold black lettering. LOL

…"Beer Beer"...

1565201736607.png

You could get it in the can, too.

...and since we're talking about old terms for cetain beers, we used to call Schmidt "ANIMAL BEER"....

1565201946689.png

….partly due to the illustrations on the cans and cases, and also because you had to be an ANIMAL to drink the stuff! :eek::D

Dean

Back in the 70's we used to get my friends b.i.l. to buy us "brew 102" .99 cent a six pack! It did bad things to your digestive tract, so you would wind up with a hangover and the runs.

the good old days!

Last Edited: