JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"well regulated" - in the context of the Second Amendment and common usage in 1789 meant "well-functioning".
Still does, although that usage is now "less stylish"....
... Like the word "gay" meaning someone with an outwardly light hearted demeanor now has a more "theatrical" common usage.

It was expected that the individual citizen would be proficient with their weapons - train with them, keep them current and in good condition. What good would it be to call up a citizen militia with outdated, sub-par weapons that they can't even shoot well?

For example; a quality clock that kept accurate time was called a "regulator". A trained/professional solder was/is Regular Army, etc.

So yeah....
Guns (and the citizens that keep them) are already generally well regulated.
Like the Constitutional amendment intended.

Problem is...a lot of gun-grabbers are (intentionally or ignorantly) confusing regulated with infringed !

I don't know who made that guy the boss of words but it wasn't me. They always start off, I grew up in a hunting family. So what? Hunting isn't mentioned in the 2nd so it doesn't carry into the discussion.

A well regulated malitia (not an army) is made up from normal citizens (ie, you and me). Their word play is cute but non binding. Yet, here we are on the west coast having to make some hard decisions.

They always start off, I grew up in a hunting family. So what? Hunting isn't mentioned in the 2nd so it doesn't carry into the discussion.

56435286_2110824405680620_1913887420516925440_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio1-1.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top