Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

O.K. what did I screw up on my Win. 94?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by bmw2, May 7, 2009.

1. bmw2

bmw2 Mount Vernon, Wa Active Member

I have a late fifties Winchester 94, I haven't even shot it yet as I wanted to give it a good cleaning and lube. I noticed the screw/plug that is missing in the photos was loose and took it out with the intention of putting some lock tight on it. Now it wont go back in and it looks like the threaded piece it would screw into is no longer lined up with the hole in the reciever. Also when the trigger is pulled the hammer doesn't seem to have much force and has some play in it once down.

What did I do? Also, I can't seem to get the screw out that holds the butt stock on, it turns a small amount left and right but won't budge past that. What's the best way to go about getting it out if it's stripped? should I just drill it out? I have proper gunsmithing screwdrivers and a set of taps and dies.

2. guns for me

guns for me Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

the screw that you took out holds the spring into place you will need to get the stock off to fix good luck

3. bmw2

Thanks, I think I'll start with some penetrating oil and an go from there.

4. bmw2

Got it figured out.