JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a new Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine this past week. It's the version that uses 92FS mags. Since I have so many Beretta 92 mags, it seemed obvious.

And, I got another Mepro 21 optic today. Great battery free optic that uses tritium and fiber optics. once again, i got the version that has the triangle reticle.

Depending on the weather, I will go try it out tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until next weekend. So, I hope it doesn't rain before tomorrow around 11am.

Anyway, in the pic, it has a 20 Round magazine inserted. I also moved the Mepro 21 forward a bit to avoid the charging handle. I don't wanna cut my hand on the mount screws while using the charging handle... There doesn't seem to be any aftermarket charging handles that bend downward - like on the SCAR

storm100_zpsa4f74542.jpg

Nice! Hope the weather holds out for you and you have plenty of ammo! My brother-in-law has one and its a lot of fun to shoot. I was surprised how accurate it is. We take a sack of potatoes out, spray them with traffic marking paint, and vaporize them with hollow points! Have fun!

Ok - I just finished cleaning everything up. I went to the range - light mist coming down. I figure since the place ya sit on the rifle range is covered - I'd be good to go.

I get out there, and as I dial in my optic, I am getting wetter and wetter.

The wind is blowing the mist in behind me. So, my spotting scope is getting wet. My Optic is getting wet. Everything is slowly getting wet.

I get it within 1 inch to the right at 25 yards. I figure, that's good enough for now. It's hard to see because of the mist on my glasses and the optic. And, since its such a dark, rainy type day - it's hard to clearly see the target while looking thru the optic... Using 1 eye.

I go down to the 100 yard range. Starts to rain by this point. The roof is bigger, so I am not wet. But, there is this slanted roof to keep you from shooting upwards. So, there is just a little "port" to shoot your gun thru. It's so dark under the roof because of this. And, the lack of bright son really made it hard to see.

I gave up on the spotting scope and just walked up and down range a few times.

I was about 4 inches to the right. I figured given the rain - that's good enough for now. I'll dial it in all the way on another day.

Now, the PROBLEM is this. I get home, and I discover a wobble in my optic. The front screw of the rail is loose. I tightened it. But, because the nut on the inside of the gun (that holds this screw) is deep inside the upper, there is no way I can get to it if it drops off when I remove the screw. So, I am a bit worried to take it off all the way to locktight it.

The other problem - it seems the rail is out of spec. It's fine on the very ends of the rail. But anywhere in the middle - and it wobbles. I tried the optic on my SCAR - and, it's not the Mepro that is off. I've also used Mepros on a Steyr AUG and a M&P 15-22 before - and, I have one on my SCAR fulltime. Never had this issue.

So, unfortunately, I gotta contact Beretta tomorrow. I hope they let me ship just the upper. Kinda irritated. Spent all that ammo. Now, I'll have to rezero it when I get it back.

On the plus side - gun worked 100%. And, I was satisfied with my group sizes. I just needa get the rail issue solved.

I also had tow ipe EVERYTHING down. All my mags got a coat of CLP. All the mag carriers and targets and other stuff is in the garage to dry. Had to clean the optics on my Mepro and the spotting scope. A bit of a pain, and all for nothing it seems..

Check out Sierra papa cx4. He's an Oregon native and makes some killer parts for the storm as well as works on them.

OK, issue solved - I tried some scope rings - they worked on every slot. So, I put the mepro back on and just slightly tightened the mount screws. Problem solved.

So, I unscrewed the bolts on the mount - added lock tight - and then put them as tight as I can and still be able to take the optic off.

No issues.

It's in the same slots - but I may need to slightly rezero the gun, unfortunately. After all...
Also, I removed the front rail screw with no issues and put thread locker on it

So, no reason to send the gun in now.

It is strange that the loose mount would lock up on some parts of the rail and not others, however.... But, the mount screws must have vibrated loose - they were not lose yesterday

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads