JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
18 year olds enlisting in the armed firces get that stuff for "free" - only spoiled rich kids could afford a base model BMG - even a single shot bolt gun. 99.9% of 18 year olds are more into xbox, weed, beer, sex, or school to be working and saving cash to buy expensive guns.

NYT needs to admit they are a dinosaur and disaapear already.

Uhhh, single shot bolt guns go for about $3500 new, sometimes less.

Do you know how much a "teen" spends on a gaming system computer?

Sometimes more than that.

Wheels, a lowering kit, ground effects kit, neon lights and nuclear powered stereo system for their rice rockets? More than Most .50 BMG rifles.

For a 4x4 with a sky high lift and wheels/tires to match? Just the wheels and tires cost as much as a bolt gun.

And yeah, I see spoiled kids running around wasting their money and/or their parents money on that.

So don't push that POV too much.

The key here is that they fear the power of the .50 BMG against APCs and such. I.E., they are a perceived threat to government dominance over the populace - which is the whole reason for the Second Amendment (to serve as a balance of power), and why those in power don't want civilians to have any kind of firearm, but especially those which might be used in defense against a totalitarian regime.

.50 caliber rifles? AK 47s? :s0140:

They must be out of their minds that 18 year olds have access to things like this:

k-179-155m.jpg

And this

m240_bravo_medium_machine_gun_by_newsomesilasj-d579fol.jpg

and this
Wire_guided_Missle_by_MilitaryPhotos.jpg

Or this

tp%3A%2F%2Fi.dailymail.co.uk%2Fi%2Fpix%2F2010%2F10%2F12%2Farticle-0-0B933DFA000005DC-989_468x286.jpg

Some of us remember being 18 years old much differently than Michael Bloomberg, The hysterically unbalanced moms from Everytown and the Brady Campaign.

I always thought that if I was competent and mature enough to handle the responsibility of a TOW missile, C-4 explosives and machine guns; I could probably handle not shooting anyone that didn't have it coming with my privately purchased firearm.

This is why most of the millenial generation are doomed to be the slaves of ISIS; they can't handle changing light bulbs or walking to the store without a safety briefing and holding their moms hand.

And mark this down; in ten years the NYT and every "paper" like them are going to go the way of the rotary telephone, the typewriter and the buggy whip.

My Barrette model 99 bolt action has the shorter lighter 29'' fluted barrel.
Even so it weighs in at 23lbs.

It's about $3000 for just the gun. The Leupold scope from Barrett was another $1200.
And you will pay about $2.50 - $3.00 a round for ammo.
Surprisingly API ammo is cheaper than M33 Ball ammo! [Cool! But starts fires.]
Also you can't carry a lot. A round weighs about 1/3 pound. That's a handful of 5.56 ammo!

As a bolt action single shot. The model 99 doesn't offer a very high rate of fire.
For that you would need the 8-10 grand semi auto version.

And in the large, well healed group of gun enthusiasts I"m part of only one other forked out the dough for a .50 BMG Barrett. And it to is a model 99.

These media people must sit around and think of scary guns? And there evil potential!
There not thinking what it would actually take to implement one in a crime.
Never mind the cost!

If I was to ''head for the hills'' I would leave the Barrett behind. With the FAL and HK-91. I'd grab an AR-15 and carry all the 5.56 I could.

Last Edited:
Did I tell you all that Medic! and I are best friends and he's going to call me real soon and take me out target shooting, in fact he said I could shoot all his 50 cal boolits to my hearts content cause we was such good friends, no really, it's true, really.

Not really. Darn it.
Nice toy Medic!

The general populace cant think for themselves, and would rather listen to some trite muckraking by an under-educated group of "reporters". People should talk about things that they only understand, otherwise they sound like idiots.

Tell the NYT that if pissed the 18 year old doesn't need a .50BMG. The Irish did pretty good against light armored vehicles with nothing more then an empty bottle and some gasoline. Granted it might have taken a number of them to stop the vehicle but still effective.

The NYT thinks it is fine that 18 year-olds can vote. In fact, it promoted that movement. Their argument was "if they are old enough to fight for our country, they are old enough to vote."

Enough 18 year-olds misusing the right to vote can do major damage to our country.

That is what the NYT wants! :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top