JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I knew about the program before, but for whatever reason I didn't think through the implications. Makes you wonder if they are tracking all your Brownells purchases, in addition to all the other crap they collect on us. Optical character recognition and automatic handwriting analysis is advanced enough that it isn't hard to envision a system that takes each photo, deciphers the to/from, and logs it in a database. The DBase could be organized by recipients, addresses, senders, etc. They could easily add dimension data (size & weight... guns/ammo very recognizable!) as well. All this from a private corporation that most people think/accept as a part of .gov :s0131:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/us/monitoring-of-snail-mail.html

I knew about the program before, but for whatever reason I didn't think through the implications. Makes you wonder if they are tracking all your Brownells purchases, in addition to all the other crap they collect on us. Optical character recognition and automatic handwriting analysis is advanced enough that it isn't hard to envision a system that takes each photo, deciphers the to/from, and logs it in a database. The DBase could be organized by recipients, addresses, senders, etc. They could easily add dimension data (size & weight... guns/ammo very recognizable!) as well. All this from a private corporation that most people think/accept as a part of .gov :s0131:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/us/monitoring-of-snail-mail.html

The only thing the USPS brings that interests me is the Bi-Mart Advertisement.

Pretty scary stuff though, seems pretty safe to assume all communications are monitored at this point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top