JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

It is fearsome looking, a carbine hybrid of a pistol and a long gun with a mouthful of a name: the Kel-Tec Sub Rifle 2000....

Because the Kel-Tec Sub Rifle 2000 is classified as a rifle, it required no permit, as pistols do in Connecticut. But with its folding stock, hand grip and appetite for pistol ammunition and not rifle ammunition, the Kel-Tec was about as close as one could get to a pistol that is not technically one.

I think there's something in there about how it's capable to seeking out and killing innocent children without any operator input whatsoever.

Oh, also this graphic showing some features that lead to its deadly power:

06gun-1-popup.jpg

:angry:

An early NYT article said it was a fully automatic rifle, and a highly unusual rifle that took handgun rounds.

Odd because it's not that unusual and rifle rounds are more suited to do more damage. They are playing this "military style" gun up way to much. How it can be fired as quickly as one can pull the trigger and that it automatically loads the next round.

"he possessed a weapon that could have easily done extreme damage, one rapidly fired round at a time."

I can only imagine if he had an AR or AK.

My kitchen knives are more dependably lethal than his bomb.

That link was humorous in a depressing sort of way. Thanks for posting it, though.

Are their editorial cartoonists still drawing rifles with the magazines in backward? Idiots, trying to keep other idiots frightened. New York City already has more police per-capita than any other American city to keep the crime rate down. Lord Mayor Bloomberg detests guns, except for the ones carried by his two full-time city-paid bodyguards who travel with him EVERYWHERE......................elsullo

At least that article was more informative than the NY Post photo tour of the terrorists kitchen cupboard. :s0114:

So its long and bulky like a rifle, but does less damage than a rifle. It seems like a (smarter) terrorist would choose a REAL rifle if he wanted to carry out something malicious rather than a handgun.

excuse for a "news" article!

How can it be a "fearsome" weapon yet fire low power handgun rounds, one trigger pull at a time? Downplay the good points and play up the bad. Sounds like more newsmedia hype!

All those state and federal folks are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back.

Only thing I can say is the last two attacks failed because the bad guys messed up and their bombs failed to go boom. There would have been a plane all over the ground and a big mess in New York otherwise.

Enjr4

"When gun dealers run background checks, should F.B.I. agents have the authority to block sales of guns and explosives to those on the terror watch lists — and deemed too dangerous to fly?" the mayor asked. "I believe strongly that they should."

On Wednesday, the Government Accountability Office released data showing that suspects on the terror watch lists were able to buy guns and explosives from licensed dealers in the United States more than 1,100 times from 2004 to 2010. Such a statistic seems irrelevant in Mr. Shahzad's case, as he was on no such list in March.

Ah, politicians and the lack of logic. Like bread and butter.

Correct me if I am wrong, but what makes this rifle so deadly is the fact that it uses much weaker handgun ammo instead of an actual rifle caliber???

The story should have read "Suspected Times Square bomber has crappy taste in guns. Owned cheap carbine." :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but what makes this rifle so deadly is the fact that it uses much weaker handgun ammo instead of an actual rifle caliber???

The story should have read "Suspected Times Square bomber has crappy taste in guns. Owned cheap carbine." :D

It folds and it looks scary!!!!!!!! And it shoots handgun ammo that the police carry!!!!!!

People that dont know about guns think pistols are more powerful. I have a friend in belgium that told me rifles were Ok to be owned but handguns were too powerful and should only be used by police and military...

OK, PBP, you are wrong. Handguns are more dangerous than rifles. You can tell because handguns are illegal, but rifles are not. Therefore, handgun ammo is more dangerous and more powerful. Handguns also have longer range, are more accurate, and have more knock down power than rifles!

Come on, its simple logic!

And, just in case it isn't clear:

sarcasm+meter.jpg

An unmodified semi-auto Saiga 12 is ownable by civilians in the UK, yet in order to own a rifle, it must be bolt-action. In order for Ar15s and AKs to be legal, they have been neutered requiring the user to cycle the bolt carrier by hand after each shot. Yet the last time I checked, getting hit with a several 1oz slugs or 00 buck in rapid succession would do alot more damage than the same number of 5.56x45 or 5.45x39 rounds would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdY1eC6H8k

Keith

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top