JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/...for-selling-untaxed-cigarettes/article/390895

As much as I respect law enforcement for the good they do, I know that in some places of our country, the police seem to abuse their authority and work to trample on our constitutional rights. The guy broke up a fight between two people and then the police, knowing he had a rap sheet for petty crimes, decided to harass him and pin some BS charge like selling untaxed cigarettes to haul the guy to jail. He didn't like the harassment so the NYPD thugs decided to strangle him, not knowing that placing a hold on an obese man like that could result in asphyxiation and heart failure. What should have been a citation (assuming he actually committed the crime with which was accused) ended up being an arrest and when he protested they decided to get physical and grabbed his neck.

I don't know, maybe the guy should have just complied with orders and did what he was told. However, from watching the video and seeing that this whole ordeal was over some BS about cigarette tax, I am pretty convinced that this is an episode of power hungry brutes trying to push their authority down the throats of their subjects. A violent physical confrontation should never have arose over selling cigarettes, but even the guy was not selling cigarettes, rather they knew he had a reputation for doing so. He actually was being a good Samaritan and broke up a fight between two guys and the NYPD decided to put the blame on him.

This same NYPD has arrested American citizens for executing their rights and freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution such as the Right to Bear Arms, the Right to Free Speech and other such rights that they do not respect. Also, the NYPD has a very bad track record of shooting innocent bystanders and not facing any repercussions for doing so.

I am also convincved that New York CIty is a police state and is not really part of the USA anymore, despite being so in name. It has its own laws, constitution and leader who does not answer to Federal authority.

I can't remember the last time I heard something good coming out of that state... Shame to see the boys in blue disgrace the uniform and badge once again.

If you sign on with the "devil" (the government) you do his bidding!!!!
In other words . . . We'll teach the sheeple a lesson that they won't forget!!!!

Do you ever wonder why the big wheels of this site shut down the "Bad Copper" thread??

Sheldon

There are many places in this country I'd like to visit - NY is at the top of the list - - - of places I never want to see. Any state that can so happily hand over their personal freedoms to the government, making sure that same government is heavily armed to defend itself against those same citizens, doesn't deserve a dime of my money or a moment of my time. There is nothing worth seeing there that is worth risking my life over. Same goes for Chicago (though I have been there before - big letdown) and LA (also a big letdown).

There is a difference between coppers and firemen . . .
Coppers represent the authoritarian fist of whichever government they serve.
Firemen represent the benevolent heart of the government.

And . . . Firemen hardly ever break down someone's door in the middle of the night after throwing a grenade in a baby crib. They hardly ever get the WRONG HOUSE!!!

Should I go on??
Sheldon

To the OP, concern over "petty crimes", if they aren't worth enforcing, then get rid of those laws. Start with the legislature and remove those laws.

I'd like to see the unedited video; but I see the cops letting the man have his say...but at what point if the man doesn't comply, do the the police use force?

Sometimes the cops don't get it right; but I don't see that to be the case based on the information presented.

To the OP, concern over "petty crimes", if they aren't worth enforcing, then get rid of those laws. Start with the legislature and remove those laws.

I'd like to see the unedited video; but I see the cops letting the man have his say...but at what point if the man doesn't comply, do the the police use force?

Sometimes the cops don't get it right; but I don't see that to be the case based on the information presented.

The only law that was broken that I can see in this instance was the choke hold used by the NYPD officer which goes against the NYPD department policy. Actually, the man was not selling cigarettes in the instance, but broke up a fight between two other trouble makers.

Sorry, if I don't put a lot of faith and trust in a police force (NYPD) that seems to have the habit of enforcing their own rules that counter the Rights and Freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution. If it were me I probably would have not resisted arrest, because I would not want to get the beat down. The guy was probably expecting to be rewarded for doing a good deed and instead got the beat down and harassed. I don't believe selling cigarettes is ever worthy of 5-10 cops ganging up and beating a guy down and hauling him to jail. The amount of money it will cost our taxpayers in legal fees and holding the guy in jail will not equate to the tax money saved by stopping his cigarette sales.

What part of the video do you think was edited? There was multiple witnesses describing the story and their stories seem to coincide.. I have yet to hear the part where he was threatening to smash a cop's face or where it was actually a meth deal gone wrong.. The video seems to be pretty uncut from start to finish.

The only sad part of this whole ordeal is that the crooked pimp Sharpton is trying to bank off this dead guy to help put more money in his crooked organization's bank account. I guess since the guy was black , Sharpton will turn this into a race war.. However, I am sure the NYPD have brutalized as many white people as they have black people.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top