JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to post pics of my favorite rifle. Its an oldy but a goody. Still the most reliable 22 long rifle i have ever owned and still shoots a good 10 shot group with the fixed 4 power simmons.
Anyone else familiar with these? I had the barrel threaded at our machine shop.
004.JPG
003.JPG

I bought one from Payless in Yakima about 1980. Great fun shooter. Took it
completely apart one time. Big mistake Worked on it for 3 nights
finally got it back together.o_O Closest I have ever came to taking a box of parts
to a gunsmith. Don't know why I sold it.o_O Wish I still had it.:eek::eek::eek:

Lol yeah the first time i took it apart to clean it last year, I ran into the same headache. I think that was the first time it had ever been cleaned! After having it fully disassembled now a few times now its pretty basic to reassemble. Just gotta keep the safety on when you disassemble it ;)

Just wanted to post pics of my favorite rifle. Its an oldy but a goody. Still the most reliable 22 long rifle i have ever owned and still shoots a good 10 shot group with the fixed 4 power simmons.
Anyone else familiar with these? I had the barrel threaded at our machine shop.
View attachment 361864
View attachment 361865
That's a beautiful example.
Always wanted one as a kid.
Looking at it again, it looks like the inspiration for the cosmetic aspect of the design was the 740 Woodsmaster.

That's some great insight DirectDrive! I really cant speak more highly of this rifle. After googling the 740 Woodsmaster i think your right on the money.

I owned one and taught my kids how to shoot with it. It was very accurate and reliable shooter as long as I kept it clean. Sold it, along with 20 other firearms to pay for divorce lawyers.

I love my nylons!! All are excellent shooters. I'll use any one of them for the offhand portion of our club's rimfire shoot.

WP_20160514_001.jpg

Top to bottom;
Mohawk Brown Nylon 66
Black Diamond 66
Seneca Green 66
Apache Black 66
Nylon 77 - Clip fed, Brighter green color than Seneca Green, K-Mart exclusive
Nylon 10C - Bolt action, tube magazine
Not shown; A second Apache Black 66

I love my nylons!! All are excellent shooters. I'll use any one of them for the offhand portion of our club's rimfire shoot.

View attachment 361959

Top to bottom;
Mohawk Brown Nylon 66
Black Diamond 66
Seneca Green 66
Apache Black 66

What ammo do you use for the rimfire comp?

CCI Mini-Mags work just fine. I tried some Federal AutoMatch in my new Apache but it didn't like it. Wouldn't cycle reliably and occasionally ejected the empty and the next round as well. No problems at all with the CCI.

View attachment 361959

Top to bottom;
Mohawk Brown Nylon 66
Black Diamond 66
Seneca Green 66
Apache Black 66
Yep, I'm jelly.

:)

Upcoming Events