JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not saying there wasn't something illegal going on and in fact if they were found to be guilty of ID Theft and Fraud I"m ok with a very lengthy prison stay for them as I see that type of crime as being more of a threat to the people than the explosives. I've been trying to get a real clear picture of just what these people had or didn't have in their home. Many of the items listed seem pretty generic and and may be found in the homes of people you know. 9 rifle magazines, items that could be used to make explosives, books describing terrorism ( I think most of Rawles books could be classified as such by many) "An arsenal" of weapons? Below in bold is a piece of the article I found.

" Morgan Gliedman, 27, and Aaron Greene, 31, were arrested Saturday in their Manhattan apartment after officers with a search warrant found 7 grams of HMTD, a highly explosive white powder used in bomb making. Police also seized a flare launcher, a sawed-off shotgun, nine rifle magazines and various how-to manuals on building bombs and booby traps.

"They had a terrorist encyclopedia, they had improvised and modified firearms, deadly homemade weapons, a do it yourself machine gun..."

Sawed off shotgun "possibly illegal if shorter than legal limit". What is a "modified firearm"? If I add Magpul accessories to my weapon is it "modified"? Last I checked flare launchers are not illegal. What is a "deadly home made weapon"? Did these guys have a stripped lower and some misc. parts or ............ Materials to make explosives. Is Tannerite one of these. Just asking as :s0087: advocate who knows that sometimes stories get spun. The FBI agent interviewed seemed pretty uptight about this large cache and the "extreme" mindset......
I was almost afraid to even google HMTD for fear that I might have my door busted down but I wasn't that impressed with what I read. Someone in my general area must have had some of that on New Years Eve cause my house was shaking at midnight....

If I recall HMTD is a primary or "fast" explosive that is listed in the military's improvised munitions handbook. Think it was made with hydrogen peroxide, citric acid, and the old military heat tabs in some specific ratio and heated until the material came out of solution. Don't recall if it was an impact sensitive compound or not.

This guy was a havard grad and wall street protesting terrorist.
You sure his initials weren't bo?

Sounds like a couple of domestic terrorists in the making.
Sad thing is she is pregnant.

Or could be the standard preppers off tv. Hell anyone off this board.

7 grams of HMTD, a highly explosive white powder used in bomb making. (solution of hydrogen peroxide and hexamine (used to treat urinary track infection) in the presence of citric acid (orange peel) I bet i could find all that is 30% of houses.
flare launcher, (could be for his boat, hell i have a flare gun)
sawed-off shotgun (legal if still over the min length)
nine rifle magazines (big deal)
various how-to manuals on building bombs and booby traps. A Lot of survival books have that. alot of preppers have the military's improvised munitions handbook, maybe thats it. Heck there are 100s of you-tube videos by 12 year olds building pipe bombs
They had a terrorist encyclopedia, (no idea what that is, cant find it on google it maybe it the new name for the Boy scout manueal)
they had improvised and modified firearms, (modified like a laser or forward grip, improvised like duck tape holding in on)
deadly homemade weapons,( like a bat with nails, probably a lot of those in NY
a do it yourself machine gun (WHAT DID THEY GO TO THE HOBBY SHOP)

My point is dont always believe what the cops or news tells you. They could raid anyone on this board and come up with most of this stuff even if you didnt know you had it. Even bomb making stuff you didnt even now you had. some kitchen chemicals that if mixed could do boom, or even gun powder from reloading or tannerite.

My point is as they start grabbing guns your going to hear their spin on what they took from who and it will all sound bad, before you judge know that they could find most of the stuff in your house you just didnt know it could be used as a bomb or that now a boy scout manual or a rush Limbaugh book is now called a terrorist manual. Everyone they grab will be labeled a domestic terrorist.

Yeah but this was NYC and the guy is a felon. Sawed off shotties and explosives would get you and I a new home at Rikers. But they aren't you and I, they're a protected class, rich liberals.

NY Couple Not Terrorists, Say Cops, Just Rich Kids With Drug Habits - The Daily Beast

The very pregnant rich kid and her Harvard-educated boyfriend arrested on December 29 in New York's Greenwich Village for possession of explosives and weapons do not appear to be terrorists after all, police say.

"It looks like they're junkies," a high-level police source says. "Well-to-do junkies, not terrorists."

Indeed, in the first days of the investigation police reached the tentative conclusion that the explosives and weapons were just part of a drug-fueled, twisted sense of what constitutes cool.

The criminal complaint filed against Greene and Gliedman says that the cops discovered a plastic container in the living room holding seven grams of a white power that was identified as Hexamethylene Triperoxide Diamine, or HMTD, an easy-to-make explosive and a favorite of actual terrorists.

The complaint says that police also found the makings for more of the stuff, as well as a sawed-off 12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun, a Ruger 12-gauge shotgun, a dozen 12-gauge shotgun shells, 9 high-capacity rifle magazines, and 60 5.56-caliber tracer rounds. There was also a 37mm flare launcher, a replica of a M203 grenade launcher.

The complaint also lists a number of books and manuals said to be found in the apartment:

- The Terrorist's Encyclopedia V. 1.02
- FM 5-25 Explosives and Demolitions
- FM 5-31 Booby Traps
- Improvised and Modified Firearms: Deadly Homemade Weapons
- A Do-It-Yourself Submachine Gun
- Street Sweeper: A Home Workshop Shotgun
- Building the M11/9: A Guide to Construction and Coercion
- FM 5-25 Explosives and Demolitions
- FM 5-31 Booby Traps

HTMD as the IED propellant, tracers and flares for the ignition source and the short barrel shottie for clean up work. Yeah, just silly OWS kids playing around.

The response reminds me of the David Gregory high cap event. It's ok cause he OBVIOUSLY means well cause he's a lib, but if a tourist comes though town with a pistol in her purse she gets cuffed and stuffed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top