JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well.. there's a twist. NY has introduced a bill to remove the NRA's authority to certify small arms instructors and replacing them with the States DCJS.

I guess that means there will be NO certified instructors in the state of NY until such time that they submit and are recertified by the DCJS. How much do you want to bet only but a few will be granted certificates?

Pretty much puts an immediate end to any new CHL permit applications... hu!

What's even funnier... the reason they are proposing the measure is because the NRA has demonstrated that they are no longer an authority on gun safety and should not be certifying instructors who teach gun safety.

How do they reach that conclusion? Because the NRA has been opposing common sense gun control measures in NY they have demonstrated that they are opposed to gun safety.

BOING!!! :s0140:

Last Edited:
I wish if you sue and win the penalty for deprivation of Constitutionally protected rights the person or persons responsible for drafting the rule, legislation or whatever it is personally responsible and not just the taxpayers.

How much do you want to bet only but a few will be granted certificates?
And can you imagine how the curriculum will proceed ?

I'd bet it will all be 'slanted' toward convincing people they don't really need a gun, or question the reasons for it and if a few make it past this the training will probably be very strange and counterproductive.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top