JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Blog
Bad guy with a gun stopped by a good guy with a...car? - Hot Air

Close to home. The location is in my wife's home town, down the road from the family.
I have been thru that intersection a number of times.

This is a suburb of Buffalo, near Niagara Falls (8 hours from NY City)

a pump-action AR-15
plus a semi-automatic AR-15 rifle and 850 live rounds of .223 caliber ammunition in Green's car.

in Cheektowaga, New York near Buffalo. A man, later identified as 29-year-old Travis Green, went to the local Dollar Store dressed in camo and body armor and started firing an AR-15 at the front door from a position in the parking lot.

His initial intention, he said, was to maintain a good vantage point so he could be "the best witness that I could possibly be."

"But I felt that I had to do something," Pinnavaia said.

When he saw the gunman put down his weapon for a second time, Pinnavaia gunned his car toward him.

"At that point I put my car in drive and I proceeded to drive as fast as I possibly could to hit the individual," he said. "I had full intentions to hit him if that's what it would take to stop him."

Newspaper account
'They were not going to be victims': Cheektowaga police hail shooting bystanders as heroes

"You do what you do in a situation," Kaufmann said. "I don't think it's about being a hero. It's about doing what you think you need to do. You just do it; you don't think about it. You just do it."

------ -----
NOT CLEAR if this is the Rifle he used

a search shows Troy makes "Pump Action AR's "
TROY Pump Action Hunting Rifle | TROY
PAR_308_OR2-1700x499.jpg

Last Edited:
Mom of shooter

Mom of accused Dollar General shooter: 'I think he just got fed up'

The mother of the man charged with shooting a person and firing 20 shots outside a Dollar General store in Cheektowaga said her son has been going through a lot of stress lately, but she didn't know why he would go on a shooting spree with two AR-15 rifles and more than 850 rounds of ammo.
''''

Police said additional charges may be brought against Green related to possible violations of the New York SAFE Act.

Lt. Thomas Gerace that "at first glance" both of the weapons appeared to be not in compliance with the SAFE Act,
Green possessed high-capacity magazines that may not be allowed and the AR-15 in his car had a side grip that may be illegal, Gerace said.

(not a toy, pointing at photo)
Dollar-General-shooters-gun-930x619.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR