JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, the Huff Po says the NY Attorney General doesn't like national concealed carry reciprocity legislation...so I'm suddenly all for it.

His reasons are, well....you make up your minds.

I'm writing about this in my column. I'll post a link when done.

<broken link removed>

The same antigun Huffpo reporter, Sam Stein, posted a similar article about the Mayor of Newark, NJ's opposition Cory Booker: 'Insane' Concealed Weapons Bill Puts Cops At Risk

I guess every time a politician speaks out against H.R. 822 Sam Stein is going to post an article about it.

Yeah, and there'll be some hack writer like this guy rebutting:

NY Atty General blasts, misrepresents CCW Reciprocity bill

New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman has declared war on national concealed carry reciprocity in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, urging them to derail the measure.

<broken link removed>

It must be accepted that many folks back east are just lunatics on this issue and will act crazy and nutty. One does not have to look very far on the eastern seaboard to find deranged mayors, police chiefs, and other governement officials acting like unmedicated crazies. A shout-out with these folks is worthless and challenging their irrational beliefs is equally worthless. Hopefully, overwhelming political forces will prevail.

As has been said many times before: "Gun control" has nothing to do with "guns", and everything to do with "control". It would be horrible if NYS (and NJ) could no longer properly protect their criminals.

If these states would, but because of their nutcake political left wind fanatics, would not; issue CCW to all law abiding citizens without merit or cause, the frequency of crime would drop like a rock. But, because these states are 1) breeding grounds for university graduates with irrational and hysterical minds, 2) their citizens will continue to be victimized buy both criminals and government. Good reason to move. I know, I did.

Lets see..........New York + Politician = Anti-Gun..........this doesn't surprise me at all...........I actually thought it was a prerequisite to be anti-gun to be a politician in New York........sarcasm intended.

Giving any power to the federal government to enact gun regulations is a horrible idea. Therefore reciprocity is the wrong way to go.

Leave it to the states and let the people who live there deal with their own idiot politicians.

Although the politicians opposing this are speaking from there sphinkters,I am with dmancornel on this one.
And many others have stated this in the past few weeks on this forum.
I really don't think it's a good idea.The government will use it to their advantage and our disadvantage every time.

So,I'm glad that some states are stupid and don't want it passed.
I left nothing in NYC and will probably never go there.Definitely never going to NJ

When are you guys going to get it. This is not a commerce clause law. This is an Article 4 of the constitution law. All it says is any state that allows any of their residents (citizens) to carry with a license, must recognize the lawful acts of another state and recognize the other states license to carry. It is like you state automobile drivers license, not like the interstate Commercial drivers license.

What one state does, that you also do, you must recognize. It is that simple. It is not forcing states to do not allow carry (IL) to all of a sudden allow it, it only says...IF you allow your residents to carry with a license, (or without in the case of VT), then you must recognize another states license,. The people that have an out of state license still have to abide by the carry rules of the state they are visiting (just like you must abide by the rules of the road in the state you are in) All it does it get rid of this stupid mess where people have multi-state licenses so they can carry in more states.

The states that really will not like this are CA, NY, NJ, MA, and MD

Just my .02... but working as a bouncer for a couple years has led me to believe that owning a gun should be alot harder than it is. Sad to say it but those who have the "right" to own a firearm are sometime just as bad as gangbangers. So I can understand the views of politicians who hate guns.
They are wrong however when they attack the people in society who still have a right to carry.

When are you guys going to get it. This is not a commerce clause law. This is an Article 4 of the constitution law. All it says is any state that allows any of their residents (citizens) to carry with a license, must recognize the lawful acts of another state and recognize the other states license to carry. It is like you state automobile drivers license, not like the interstate Commercial drivers license.

What one state does, that you also do, you must recognize. It is that simple. It is not forcing states to do not allow carry (IL) to all of a sudden allow it, it only says...IF you allow your residents to carry with a license, (or without in the case of VT), then you must recognize another states license,. The people that have an out of state license still have to abide by the carry rules of the state they are visiting (just like you must abide by the rules of the road in the state you are in) All it does it get rid of this stupid mess where people have multi-state licenses so they can carry in more states.

The states that really will not like this are CA, NY, NJ, MA, and MD

You're a constitutional law attorney, eh?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top