JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if people use revolvers or take sandpaper to the cartridges beforehand.. how would serializing the ammo help any?
People are nutz. Years ago they tried to force powder manufactures to incorporate a serialized tagget (microscopic) into their mixes so that residue at crime scenes could help track back the purchaser of said powder/ammo. (By batch i guess...)

People are nutz. Years ago they tried to force powder manufactures to incorporate a serialized tagget (microscopic) into their mixes so that residue at crime scenes could help track back the purchaser of said powder/ammo. (By batch i guess...)
Kind of like what they do with those box cartridge tasers?

Yup.

Honestly - I suspect the tagget thing actually took hold and we just don't know. It was 20 + years ago when it was publicized - it was quickly forgotten and never spoken of again...
Guess a bullet puller and different powder wouldnt also hinder their ability to track?
black market gun powder may pop up one day.

From the video, here's the link to the bill, and it's nucking futz: New York A03779 | 2019-2020 | General Assembly

I was wondering where the serial number goes -- base of the bullet. Good effing luck getting a unique code on each of the millions upon millions of .22s sold annually. The code would be so small and so fragile that it would never survive being shot -- probably wouldn't survive bullet seating in the manufacturer's plant.

And lest you think reloaders are off the hook, the law requires all owners of unserialized bullets to destroy their own ammo by a certain date. So violates the 5A.

EDIT: this law defies physics. The base of any boat tail bullet, heck the base of any bullet, doesn't provide enough space for a number/letter code in the millions. If you made the imprint microscopic, you might get it imprinted, but transporting, loading, and shooting the bullets would destroy it, and in lead bullets, probably evaporate it during shooting.

I can't believe they keep hoting that bubblegum hole govenor back in to office.
The people living in New York City have no clue about life outside of that hell hole.
You got that right. Unfortunately, NYC is the large blue-virus-infected-voting-block that controls the rest of the state.

From the video, here's the link to the bill, and it's nucking futz: New York A03779 | 2019-2020 | General Assembly

I was wondering where the serial number goes -- base of the bullet. Good effing luck getting a unique code on each of the millions upon millions of .22s sold annually. The code would be so small and so fragile that it would never survive being shot -- probably wouldn't survive bullet seating in the manufacturer's plant.

And lest you think reloaders are off the hook, the law requires all owners of unserialized bullets to destroy their own ammo by a certain date. So violates the 5A.

EDIT: this law defies physics. The base of any boat tail bullet, heck the base of any bullet, doesn't provide enough space for a number/letter code in the millions. If you made the imprint microscopic, you might get it imprinted, but transporting, loading, and shooting the bullets would destroy it, and in lead bullets, probably evaporate it during shooting.
Don't need that much space, can be done utilizing a miniaturized QR type code. Having said that, they'd have to figure out a way to protect it from destruction on lead based bullets, after all there's an inferno going on in there. Metal based or plated bullets it could be stamped into.

Having said that, I couldn't fathom the process by which literally billions of billets would be coded annually... Perhaps we should Investigate where these legislators are investing, maybe they're just trying to get a big payoff on their investment(s)...

California has been using a stunt like this to prevent new handguns coming into the state.
The Direktorat of the PRK require all new model handguns to stamp their serial number on the cartridge case. Of course, the fact that the technology doesn't exist means that no new models of guns can be brought into the state.
Those li'l devils were pretty clever.:mad:

California has been using a stunt like this to prevent new handguns coming into the state.
The Direktorat of the PRK require all new model handguns to stamp their serial number on the cartridge case. Of course, the fact that the technology doesn't exist means that no new models of guns can be brought into the state.
Those li'l devils were pretty clever.:mad:

Is that what their "micro-print" thing was all about?

Yes, but it reportedly doesn't work. Or, I should say, the raised metal that does the stamping wears away so quickly that is unreadable after so many firings and when it is still new, not always legible. Useless, but on purpose, as usual.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top