JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is the Tapatalk working? I tried accessing Tapatalk and I can see the threads but the date is a couple of days old now: 09/04/2013.

Never mind I deleted my account in Tapatalk and then created my account and its working now.

Thank you.

I say go for it. Xenforo looks like a good platform to build on, especially if it's more stable and bug-free than vBulletin. You'll probably want to tweak the styling and colors so it looks a little more "rugged", but other than that, the functionality is there. Any bits of functionality that are missing can be added via mods.

I tried to sign up but it wouldn't let me. Don't know what I did wrong but I followed all the directions 4 times and still came back in error. When I signed up here in 2008 I had no problems. I guess I didn't give the super secret, super duper decoder ring sign.

Hey Joe, I signed up for SWFA and tried to introduce myself but the site wouldn't let me. I tried to look at pictures of a handgun and it wouldn't let me do that either. Kept getting a message saying I had no privileges, it seems, to do anything there. Not much fun.

Bob

I registered on SWFA today and it allowed me to post just fine.

I actually like the theme, myself. Plenty of other feedback on this thread and I don't have anything else contrary to report yet.

-Knarf

Oh sorry I forgot to add my comments about the site: It is OK so far but I like the skin here better. The layout here is very robust and easy to use so if you don't mind, could we keep it looking like it is for the most part?

Is there a "new posts" button or link?
If not, it needs one. :)

Where is the Control Panel where I can see the forums I've subscribed to and any threads that I've subscribed to that have had replies since I last viewed?

This is a good question you came up with, Richard.

Why thank you!

But it looks like there is no centralized User CP over there. You can't have one place where you can view subscribed threads that have replies as well as the forums you like to frequent. They're in 2 different places -- and there isn't an easy way to get to either. So you'll either need to bookmark them or start browsing forums differently than you have since forever.

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot for the info. I'll let the folks at NWFA know that I prefer a vBulletin approach (or other similar flavor that has commonly used features)...

This is a good question you came up with, Richard.

Why thank you!

But it looks like there is no centralized User CP over there. You can't have one place where you can view subscribed threads that have replies as well as the forums you like to frequent. They're in 2 different places -- and there isn't an easy way to get to either. So you'll either need to bookmark them or start browsing forums differently than you have since forever.

Oh, okay. Thanks a lot for the info. I'll let the folks at NWFA know that I prefer a vBulletin approach (or other similar flavor that has commonly used features)...

It all seems to be there? Same as NWF, but just laid out a little different.
Seems to be called watched threads and watched forums instead of subscriptions.

It all seems to be there? Same as NWF, but just laid out a little different.
Seems to be called watched threads and watched forums instead of subscriptions.

Exactly.

On NWF it's all on one page -- my "Home". There it's on 2 different pages.

I'd originally had some difficulty in getting from one page to the other, but after observing it a bit I found getting from one to the other is only a one-click operation...

Joe:
I have been using vBulletin for a little over a decade now and I can say without hesitation that I have never liked VB4. VB2 was nice and VB3 was better and with the release of VB4 their product tanked. I have never really like anything that Internet Brands owns or operates. I have just registered over at SWFA and I like the look and feel over there. The new software over there is nice and easy to use and makes browsing via website enjoyable again. Since VB4 here I avoided using the website as much as possible in favor of Tapatalk. Tapatalk has now burned all their paid users from TT2 with the release of TT4, but that's another topic all together. I guess I'm saying bravo. I like SWFA so far and I hope that NWFA can be migrated to look an feel exactly like SWFA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top