JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off, I really like and appreciate NWFA and the community.
Having said that, xenforo is absolutely horrible.

It'll be a sad day when NWFA is reduced to an ugly, bubbly, dumbed down version of it's current self.
But, when you set your sights for the lowest common denominator, it's pretty hard to overshoot.

Joe, am I going crazy or didn't you have swfa up like ages ago? I feel like you did and that I registered like a year ago but it doesn't recognize my login. It's entirely possible that I dreamt swfa existed before now.

I like the ability on NWFA to be able to collapse the main sections (General, Weapon Discussions, Classifieds, etc.). Didn't see that as being possible on SWFA.

Noted :)

Sage brush and scrub pine really get old aftera short time. We have been to many places, but believe me there is no place on earth like the Pacific NW. This is truly gods country in comparison to the rest of the country. Moderate weather, no hurricanes or tornadoes every year, you have the mountains, beach or high desert within a couple hours drive, good fishing and hunting, and you dont have to worry about the soles of your shoes sticking to the pavement if you stop moving. A little moss killer and anti rust and you have everything you could ever want here:D:D:D:D:D
Sorry bout the girlfriend, but they do grow on trees here too :)
Dont over fertilize them though. They grow too wild.

Yeah, I really love this place. No worries about the gf, it was time for me to marry her or break up.

First off, I really like and appreciate NWFA and the community.
Having said that, xenforo is absolutely horrible.

It'll be a sad day when NWFA is reduced to an ugly, bubbly, dumbed down version of it's current self.
But, when you set your sights for the lowest common denominator, it's pretty hard to overshoot.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your dislike for the XenForo platform. The bubbly stuff is the stock style, and I've found it's much more user friendly.

Joe, am I going crazy or didn't you have swfa up like ages ago? I feel like you did and that I registered like a year ago but it doesn't recognize my login. It's entirely possible that I dreamt swfa existed before now.

Yep, and only a few people knew about it. I'm now ready to start promoting it ;)

I thought you had a login, but I can't find it.

SWFA site thoughts
Inital page interface is a bit cartoonish.
Crating posy and uploading pics works well.
Ammunition and Reloading need to be diffferent sections in maintenance and repair.
Pics seem easy to upload.
nothing on the site really wows me as far as features go.
Is it customizable for each user for interfaces?
Are the add-ins all foing to be avialable for use?
Well we have, unlike now, a realiable platform that does not continuoesly logged us out when we leave the site when we have selected keep my logged in. I never know if I am going to be logged in or not.

Ok enough time lost must read items of value.

I noticed today that the uploaded photos aren't viewable on Tapatalk; instead there's a link to click that takes you to the webpage, except the photos won't load up unless you're logged in to SWFA on the webpage. So that's fairly inconvenient.

On SWFA it would be nice if the number of pages in a particular thread was viewable without hovering the mouse over that thread link.

One bug on this site (NWFA) that has never been fixed is the need to press the "back" button several times to go back one page after reading a thread. I think it's related to the ads since the drop down on the "back" button shows "googleleads doubleclick". Very annoying. Hope the new software fixes that one.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your dislike for the XenForo platform. The bubbly stuff is the stock style, and I've found it's much more user friendly.

It looks very bright to me. And I got a big screen to be able to put more content on, not more fillers like extra wide round bubbly things. :)

Went over and signed up. I pulled up a classified for a Winchester Model 11. I could not see any photos, they were x'd out and wouldn't download. Might be a glitch or might be that the seller was reporting the item had sold and the seller had taken the photos down.

Went over and signed up. I pulled up a classified for a Winchester Model 11. I could not see any photos, they were x'd out and wouldn't download. Might be a glitch or might be that the seller was reporting the item had sold and the seller had taken the photos down.

Almost all the ads on SWFA are over a year old, maybe they expire after a period of time?

That was my Model 11 and I pulled down the photo links after it sold ....... Sorry ...

Hey Joe, when ya gonna' "squeeze" Oklahoma in there ???? ......... ;)

Not sure if someone already stated this, but I noticed on SWFA that you cant isolate states when your searching thru the classifieds....I like being able to weed out all the Was.hington and Idaho folks when searching

I think the underlying platform isn't going to be an issue for the most part.

What people will notice right away are the aesthetics.

For example, I'm a big fan of the color scheme on this forum. We have several different shades of gray, black, white, red...colors that are masculine.

When I visit Southwest Firearms, I see baby blue, peach, orange, teal, and a whole lot of white space. All the white gives the forum a very flat look. Fonts are different and font sizes are larger. I know that each forum should have a unique theme, but I'm hoping Northwest Firearms will keep as much of it's style as possible in the switch. I'll stick with the forum regardless, because it's a great online community.

After a while, I've noticed I can't open an album; probably reserved for supporting members. The site runs smoothly, addition of pics uploaded from my PC is not available, but not a spoiler as pic hosts are available all over the net. Great job Joey!!

One thing that drives me up the wall about some other forums (and SWFA apparently does this too) is that the e-mails alerting me to a new post on a topic to which I've subscribed don't include the text of the new post. It's annoying, like a teaser at the start of a news program or a website that lists a really cool product but doesn't list a price.

"Click here for more information" is not the way to run a forum IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top