JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a look at the new SWFA.

Suggestion for IMPROVEMENT.

Put in a "search feature" by individual state. Example: Because of the various laws. Well, I'm a WA state resident and I don't really want to cross the border when buying firearms or have to deal with an FFL on my end. I prefer to do "in state transactions only."

Aloha, Mark

Cool! I just looked for it on Tapatalk and couldn't find it...

BTW, the current NWFA needs some sort of update for Tapatalk 4 to get alerts when replies are posted to subscribed threads, if you get a free minute :rockon:

Confirmed Tapatalk is now working for SWFA. I'll try to update NWFA tapatalk tonight :)

I took a look at the new SWFA.

Suggestion for IMPROVEMENT.

Put in a "search feature" by individual state. Example: Because of the various laws. Well, I'm a WA state resident and I don't really want to cross the border when buying firearms or have to deal with an FFL on my end. I prefer to do "in state transactions only."

Aloha, Mark

Thanks, I'll be sure to add that to the list.

Another suggested IMPROVEMENT for SWFA.

The classified ads for AMMO and RELOADING COMPONENTS should be separate.

Example: 9mm bullets for sale.

Some people might not know that a "bullet" is not a "cartridge."

And, a search by state would be helpful. FOR EVERY category of the Classified Ads.

Why?

Example: Selling AP ammo in one state might be legal in state X but across the border in another state it might be illegal.

Example: Selling a 30 rd magazine in state X might be fine but, not across the border in another state.

Some folks may NOT KNOW the particular laws of another state.

Aloha, Mark

Another suggested IMPROVEMENT for SWFA.

The classified ads for AMMO and RELOADING COMPONENTS should be separate.

Example: 9mm bullets for sale.

Some people might not know that a "bullet" is not a "cartridge."

And, a search by state would be helpful. FOR EVERY category of the Classified Ads.

Why?

Example: Selling AP ammo in one state might be legal in state X but across the border in another state it might be illegal.

Example: Selling a 30 rd magazine in state X might be fine but, not across the border in another state.

Some folks may NOT KNOW the particular laws of another state.

Aloha, Mark

Good catch! Fixed. The categories should be the same as here on NWFA.

Well.........there you go. I've already broken the SWFA web site.

I signed up, tried to post and Viola....IT'S STUCK.

Aloha, Mark

Not sure what you're talking about.

I like the new interface so far. One thing Joe, when I wanted to quote your reply in the "show your guns" thread just now there wasn't a "quote" link or button, but the "reply" link did the same thing. Maybe have something that says "quote"? Can you add a "multi-quote" button as well?

I like the new interface so far. One thing Joe, when I wanted to quote your reply in the "show your guns" thread just now there wasn't a "quote" link or button, but the "reply" link did the same thing. Maybe have something that says "quote"? Can you add a "multi-quote" button as well?

There's definitely a bit of verbiage that'll need to be explained. As for multi-quote, if you click reply in the order of the posts you want to quote it adds them to the reply box in real time. Try clicking reply on a couple of posts within a thread.

I like it, everything looks great!

Great!

Like the ability to do likes from tapatalk there. Wish we could here. How about a way to change between ascending and descending posts in a topic or in settings for all topics?
Its nice to have the newest post at the top of the page, and going back as you scroll down.
Or did I miss that?
It is interesting how perceptions of things change outside the northwest.
You run a good ship Joe.

Like the ability to do likes from tapatalk there. Wish we could here. How about a way to change between ascending and descending posts in a topic or in settings for all topics?
Its nice to have the newest post at the top of the page, and going back as you scroll down.
Or did I miss that?
It is interesting how perceptions of things change outside the northwest.
You run a good ship Joe.

We may be able to with the Tapatalk update here, but I'm not sure. vBulletin (which we run here) is so outdated I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't. I'm not sure about changing the post order, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the kind words.

Joe, did I read correctly that you're moving to the Southwest soon?

The girlfriend and I were considering it for a while last year. We've broke up since then, and I'm not going anywhere :)

The girlfriend and I were considering it for a while last year. We've broke up since then, and I'm not going anywhere :)

Ah, gotcha. I noticed the smiley selection on SWFA is lacking quite a bit compared to NWFA. How am I supposed to adequately express myself if I can't insert a small animation of a dead horse being beaten with a stick?

Also, the "watched threads" link only lists new posts of threads I'm subscribed to; I like having all the threads I'm subscribed to listed, it makes it easier to find a thread if I'm looking for a specific one.

Thank you for creating this great forum for the community Joe Link.

And thank you also for this update on future changes to the forum. As I live part of the year in AZ (and will be getting ready to winter there shortly), I will definitely join SW Firearms and play with that platform. If anything constructive comes to mind I'll certainly PM you.

Thank you again for keeping this community alive and in the loop.

Ah, gotcha. I noticed the smiley selection on SWFA is lacking quite a bit compared to NWFA. How am I supposed to adequately express myself if I can't insert a small animation of a dead horse being beaten with a stick?

Also, the "watched threads" link only lists new posts of threads I'm subscribed to; I like having all the threads I'm subscribed to listed, it makes it easier to find a thread if I'm looking for a specific one.

Hah, the smileys will come! On the watched threads page, there's a small link that says 'show all watched threads'.

Thank you for creating this great forum for the community Joe Link.

And thank you also for this update on future changes to the forum. As I live part of the year in AZ (and will be getting ready to winter there shortly), I will definitely join SW Firearms and play with that platform. If anything constructive comes to mind I'll certainly PM you.

Thank you again for keeping this community alive and in the loop.

Absolutely, happy you enjoy it! If you can think of anything we can do to spread the word down there, please let me know.

I tried the photo upload feature on SWFA, I like it a lot! I wouldn't have to use photobucket for all the photos I post on here with that setup. :s0155:

Yeah I think it's really slick! I'm confident it'll be much easier for those less tech savvy.

We may be able to with the Tapatalk update here, but I'm not sure. vBulletin (which we run here) is so outdated I wouldn't be surprised if we couldn't. I'm not sure about changing the post order, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the kind words.

Sage brush and scrub pine really get old aftera short time. We have been to many places, but believe me there is no place on earth like the Pacific NW. This is truly gods country in comparison to the rest of the country. Moderate weather, no hurricanes or tornadoes every year, you have the mountains, beach or high desert within a couple hours drive, good fishing and hunting, and you dont have to worry about the soles of your shoes sticking to the pavement if you stop moving. A little moss killer and anti rust and you have everything you could ever want here:D:D:D:D:D
Sorry bout the girlfriend, but they do grow on trees here too :)
Dont over fertilize them though. They grow too wild.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top