JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me start by saying, good morning!

Some of you may know that I recently resigned from a position I've held for three years and I am now effectively unemployed. What started as a 45hr/week job crept up to a 72hr/week job, which left me absolutely no time for the things in my life that really matter to me (my girlfriend, my family, my friends, my websites, my hobbies, etc.). This website is my passion and my biggest accomplishment thus far, and, like a father who works too much, I feel like I've neglected my 'child' for the past year or two. I'd be lying if I said NWFA isn't the main reason I quit.

Making the decision to go from what I considered to be a very well paying job to nothing was not an easy choice for me to make, but it had to be done for the sake of this community. I'm taking a risk, and making sacrifices (moving to a smaller apartment next week is the first of many), but I'm confident I made the right decision.

In the next few months there will be some changes around here; changes that are way overdue. Much of this stuff is 'housekeeping' type of stuff, tweaking the look and style of the site, fixing things members have been complaining about for a long time, making things easier to use and understand, re-evaluating our rules, policies, and how we apply them, and improving the overall community as a whole.

One of my main concerns is that we've lost that welcoming atmosphere we used to pride ourselves on. People used to come here and love it because we were unlike many internet forums, in that we were more friendly and accepting than others. There are groups of people on here now that seem to take pride in polarizing conversations and attacking other groups, behavior that I have always found unacceptable here. I've said it before, and I'll say it again because I truly believe it; we're all gun owners and we need to stick together. While it might make for some boring conversation, divisiveness is the opposite of why I created this community. I'm not singling anyone out here, and if you asked me who I honestly couldn't give you a single name, I've just seen it as I'm browsing and I want everyone to know I'm going to be more involved from now on :s0155:

Something important I need to tell everyone; I really appreciate members expressing their concerns, sharing their ideas, and providing overall feedback. All this stuff is invaluable in my decision-making process. I consider each and every bit of input put forth by our membership. I know I will never be able to please everyone, and in the end I have to live with the decisions I make for this site. However, that's the reason I decided to build NWFA alone, as the sole decision-maker, and I'm ready to shoulder that responsibility.

One such idea I've heard brought up in the past was separating the rifle and shotgun classified sections. That idea came to fruition this morning ;)

I hope all of you will re-read some of my past mini-novels (most of them are stickys) to get an idea of what my goals are for this site, then join me in working toward that vision.

Cheers!

Great stuff Joe and I know it isn't just me that appreciates all of your effort. This forum has been great for me. I have enjoyed the different conversations, have been the beneficiary on both sides of the classifieds (this is the best "local" place to go in my mind), and I have learned so much since I joined. I hope that we can keep the welcoming atmosphere too and I hope that you will not be suffering greatly financially because of leaving your job to devote more time and effort here.

You are highly appreciated and I look forward to everything that the future offers for NWFA.

Good morning Joe and thank you for such a great site, Had some emergency problems this last weekend and ask the guys on here for some help WOW it was phenomenal. I have enjoyed this site since I found it and have met several people with the passion you share with us. Keep up the good work and let us help you if you need it. I'm sorry about the job loss but change is good if you want it to be.

Sincerely Cycle

As a relative newcomer to the site I can attest to the welcoming and friendly environment here. You'll have grumpy people everywhere, but this has become my favorite place on the Internet.

Keep up the great work and thank you for hosting such a fantastic community!

I echo Jack above, have visited many sites and now this is my main stay. I have learned alot, prompted me to get my concealed license, and have met some great guys. Thanks for providing such a great forum!

Hi Joe, I think this site is great and been my favorite for some time. Everyone I have met from here has been very nice. I've told many gun fanatics about this site and they all have agreed that it's the best site around. Thanks for everything.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the positive comments!

I'm sure those of you who aren't so happy with the way the site is going are reading this as well. I want to hear from you guys too.

Good luck on the new job search!

I may try to find something local here in the Pearl, maybe two days a week. Otherwise this is my sole focus :)

A appreciate your position and you are wise to realize life is more than just a career .

I am a newbie and as a woman hobbyist, perhaps a strange duck with this group , but I do own guns and shoot some for fun. I found this site by word of mouth and must say, the men here have all been super to me from the "get go" and treat me with fairly and accept my 2 cents when I post it. I appreciate that. I love the civil debates and such I have been involved in so far.

Hope your future and the sites future are more relaxed and fun for you now.

Thanks guys for your friendship and helpfulness here.

Happy shooting and collecting folks!

Thank YOU Joe for providing a solid NO BS site. I am fairly new but I have received some great advice from some experienced people on here and that is Invaluable. And I am looking forward to the upcoming changes to improve the site. :s0152:

Thanks a lot Joe, You have provided a awesome service the the guys and gals in the Northwest and you are greatly appreciated for all your hard work. I look forward to seeing the new improvements. I like the new Shotgun Classifieds, and one suggestion I would make which I know has been mentioned before is to add a Edged weapon classifieds(like knives, tomahawks, swords and what not.). Thanks again I have found this site to be invaluable to me, I have received lots of good advise and read lots of awesome conversations. I have helped family and friends find stuff they were look as well as myself. Thank you so much and good luck on your future endeavors.

This site feels a little like coming home after a trip; safe and familiar. I always start here and if needed then go to more specialized sites if needed for information such as RF-central or one of the "AR" sites. As the site and population of experience grows this may be the only site needed. The classifieds have been invaluable to me also. As a newbie to both rifles and pistols this site has been great! Thank you for putting your passion into action.

Congratulations (?) on the effort to turn this into a full-time biz. I hope you can succeed here.

Yeah, *ANY* site like this has some polarizing going on, but this site generally is a lot better than most in accepting all types of firearms enthusiasts, and I thank you for trying to keep it that way!

I to have meet a lot of cool people here and learned more on this one site than all the other forums i visit combined.

Come payday i think it's time to increase my support level, this page is definitely worth it!

Thanks man, Lefty.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top