JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's that time again folks! I'm proud to announce the NWFA Supporting Member Giveaway #3, August 5th, 2009, which also happens to be our 1 year anniversary!

I apologize for not being able to do this sooner. Though we're supposed to have a drawing every three months, the funds haven't been sufficient. However, we're back up to our three month cash reserve, so let the drawing begin!

For those of you who didn't read the fine print when you donated, as a show of appreciation we're going to hold giveaway drawings every three months or so for our Supporting Members. The quality of the item given away will depend on the amount of donations we've received the previous three months. If you're not sure how to become a Supporting Member, click the "Support the NWFA Community" link up above. You need not do anything to participate in this drawing, the names of all Supporting Members will be automatically entered. The number of 'entries' in the drawing depends on the level of your membership(s):

Bronze - 1 Entry
Charter - 2 Entries
Silver - 2 Entries
Gold - 3 Entries
Platinum - 5 Entries

If you have multiple memberships, your entries do combine. So, for example, a member with both Platinum and Charter Memberships would receive 7 entries total. For any of you who are looking to stack the odds in your favor, it is not possible to have two of the same membership :p

Moderators, Administrators, and Supporting Vendors are ineligible for these giveaways.

The drawing will be held the evening of August 5th, 2009. Names will be put into a hat and one will be drawn at random by JennyC. If for some reason you wish to opt out of this drawing, please let me know.

Now, onto the prize, a Mossberg 500 20 gauge shotgun!

Mossberg model 500 shotguns were first introduced in 1961 by famous US-based gunmaking company O.F.Mossberg & Sons. In fact, one model designation covers a broad range of shotguns in four chamberings (12 gauge models 500A, 16 gauge - 500B, 20 gauge - 500C and .410 - 500D) and in a wide assortment of barrel and magazine lengths, finishes, stock shapes and materials. Other than hunting guns, Mossberg also offers a line of military / security / police guns under names of "Persuader" (various riot-type guns with fixed stocks, cylinder-bored barrels of short to medium length) or "Cruiser" (pistol-gripped shotguns originally intended for storage in police cruiser cars). In mid- or late eighties Mossberg also produced a short-lived bullpup version of the Model 500, with polymer stock, forward sliding pistol grip and additional automatic grip safety. For various reasons this conversion didn't lived on and was soon discontinued. Today Mossberg 500 shotguns are widely used by civilian shooters and hunters as hunting, self-defense and practice / sport guns; many Mossberg 500 guns are also in use by various Law Enforcement agencies in USA and abroad. Mossberg 500 shotguns also saw wide use by US Armed forces since about 1979, although today these are replaced in military service with improved Mossberg model 590 shotguns.

Mossberg model 500 shotguns are known for high reliability and durability, combined with affordable price. Some claim that those guns have loose construction which produces unnecessary noise when gun is cycled or shacked, but this feature in fact is intentionally built into the gun to provide maximum reliability under harsh conditions and heavy fouling.
Mossberg model 500 shotgun utilizes so called pump action, which is operated by sliding forend. Forend is connected with bolt group with dual action bars. Receiver is produced from lightweight aluminum alloy, and the bolt locks into the barrel extension using a single massive lug on the top of the vertically swinging locking piece, installed in the bolt body. Feed is from underbarrel tubular magazine, and one specific feature of Mossberg 500 shotguns is that cartridge lifter stays in raised position through most of the feeding cycle, ensuring trouble-free feeding of the cartridge into the barrel. Manual safety is conveniently located at the rear top of receiver (so called 'tang safety') and is easily accessible by either hand. Barrels are quick removable and could be replaced in less than a minute; there is a wide variety of barrels with fixed or removable chokes, ranging in length from 18.5 to 28 inches (470 to 711 mm); shorter barrels are available mostly for Law Enforcement or Military users. Standard furniture consists of a semi-pistol gripped stock and forend, made from wood or polymer. Pistol-gripped guns are known as 'Cruiser' shotguns, and recently Mossberg also added a line of Tactical models with retractable-adjustable (M4 carbine type) stocks and pistol grips.
The rifle will be purchased through Andrew Ortwein of Ortwein International (coctailer on the board). For those of you local to Portland/Vancouver, you'll be able to pick it up directly from him and he'll be waiving the transfer fee. For those of you elsewhere in the Northwest, NWFA will be covering shipping costs to your FFL and $10 of the transfer cost.

Thanks again to all of you who make this site possible. Cheers and good luck!

Joey Link & The NWFA Staff

=========================================================================================

Here it is!

Thanks again everyone for your support. This site couldn't exist without you. Here's to another excellent year :s0155:

Just another example of why you should donate, click sponsor links, and buy from the referred vendors at the top!

Don't bother trying to win guys... JennyC and I have an arrangement that insures my victory!

A carrot on a stick works for me!
Also paying my own way in life. There are so many Forum participants that are not supporting members and this is a great way to encourage them to fund what they are taking advantage of.
Being anonymous shouldn't absolve one from responsibility...let's help out the Forum Guys & Gals!

Just another example of why you should donate, click sponsor links, and buy from the referred vendors at the top!

Don't bother trying to win guys... JennyC and I have an arrangement that insures my victory!

She called you a liar :s0114:

Yeah and I think the reason the "drawing" videos are filmed so far away from her is so that no one can see the 13 "zeroring" tickees stuck under the cushions!!

I demand a re-count!!! :D :s0114: :s0131:

:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Jenny and I seriously can't believe you haven't won yet. I think the people that have won have only had a couple entries.

I was just trying to purchase a Platinum membership, but PayPal is a no-go with me. Is there any other way I can purchase?
Thanks,
Intelguy01

Check here ---> <broken link removed>

From that page:

You do not need a PayPal account to donate, and you may use a check, credit card, or ATM/debit card. If you'd rather mail a check, please PM Joey Link for the details and we'll manually add you to the proper donor group once it's received. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If Joey has a computer with a web camera he should use ustream.tv and broadcast a live online show of pulling the name from the hat... so we can make sure ZeroRing's isn't going in the shredder ;) :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top