JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As all of you who use this site undoubtedly know, every month this site grows slower and slower. Fact is, we've outgrown our current server and need to migrate to a faster platform. I've been working tirelessly to try to optimize the site as best I can (and it's actually very efficient) but there comes a point when the load is just too great. We've reached that point, and now our only option is to upgrade.

The server we'll be upgrading to is extremely fast, but also very expensive. Though I have a small amount of funds in the NWFA account, they're not enough to cover the cost of setup and the additional monthly costs. The cost of the new server is literally three times that of our current server. In addition to that, our vBulletin license is almost expired so we need to renew it. In all, we're looking at over $1,000 in expenses in the next month or two.

Because of our dire need, I'm asking those of you who use this site regularly to consider donating based on what you feel this site is worth to you in order to help us upgrade the server as soon as possible. I'll be putting up a donation bar on the main forum page to show everyone how close we are to reaching our goal. As soon as we reach our goal I'll begin the migration :s0155:

Once again, I want to thank all of you who have already donated. I also want to thank our advertisers and supporting vendors, and encourage all of you to use them first for any of your firearm needs. Without our supporters this site would not exist.

Anything we collect beyond the $975 will go into the NWFA savings to pay for the future hosting costs of the site.

============= Update 7-3-2010 @ 7:36pm ============

WE DID IT!

Thank you so much everyone for making this happen, and in only 3 1/2 hours at that!! I'm so excited I wish the Paypal transfer were instant so I could get started with the migration! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the funds are deposited into my bank account to get the ball rolling, but at least they're on the way :)

I won't be modifying the goal, since I only want to use this for when the site *really* needs help, but I will leave the bar up there for a couple days and let it continue counting donations to cover the monthly hosting expenses (almost $300/mo) if people want to continue contributing.

Thanks again everyone, and get ready for NWFA Turbo!

I'm in! This is a great forum and I'm happy to donate to keep it running smooth. It took seconds to make a donation and as quick to see the silver status show on my name bar. Thank all for making this a great forum.

Will

Thank you guys so much. In 40 minutes we've raised $320! At this rate it looks like we may be upgrading this weekend!

Don't forget, along with these donations come the Supporting Membership perks :)

I'm in too. I have noticed the burden on the server.I have enjoyed this site and have received more from this site than I can give, but am happy to do what I can to support the community. Keep up the good work.:s0155:

Made a donation via the "support NWFA Community" at top of page. I had already donated as far as renewing my previous subscription just last month but donated again through the same format. Hope that works okay....?

Guys, I can't believe this, thank you so much for your help and support. The paypal transfer takes 3-4 business days, so by my guess the migration will happen sometime within the next week!

You can donate by clicking on Support The NWFA Community link on the upper right of the page, or by clicking <broken link removed> .

Made a donation via the "support NWFA Community" at top of page. I had already donated as far as renewing my previous subscription just last month but donated again through the same format. Hope that works okay....?

Yep! If you already have a Supporting Membership you can either choose another level, in which case you'll have two Supporting Memberships, or you can choose the same one you already have and it will extend it by an additional year :s0155:

I added a Bronze membership to put it over the top, bought a silver earlier . Consider extending the goal ammount to the drive for the future growth.

Thank you so much everyone for making this happen, and in only 3 1/2 hours at that!! I'm so excited I wish the Paypal transfer were instant so I could get started with the migration! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until the funds are deposited into my bank account to get the ball rolling, but at least they're on the way :)

I won't be modifying the goal, since I only want to use this for when the site *really* needs help, but I will leave the bar up there for a couple days and let it continue counting donations to cover the monthly hosting expenses (almost $300/mo) if people want to continue contributing.

Thanks again everyone, and get ready for NWFA Turbo!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top