JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
I received a marketing email from a real estate company this morning. They addressed it to my NWFA handle (Patriot1668), and used the email address I use for the website. I don't use that handle anywhere else.

The first thing I did was email @joelink about it, and he is looking into it.

I was first concerned about NWFA security. The more I thought about it, it may be that a member I did some business with (by email) shared my personal info. We'll see what Joe comes up with.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the email you use for NWFA, and let Joe know about anything suspicious. Keep an eye out for the email to be addressed to your NWFA handle.

I hope that I don't have to remind everyone not to share names, email addresses, phone numbers, or any other personal info about members of NWFA. I believe that damaging the anonymity of the website, and the trust between members could destroy this community.

I agree.

I havent seen anything unusual... but I use this handle everywhere and dont use my real name but for a few times Ive bought from a member via mail.

I dont think even people Ive done business with here several times even know my full name.

I would not put it past some busybody antigun type to start targeting these forums though... the way things are going now, I almost expect it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top