JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
I'm pleased to announce the first
NorthwestFirearms.com Member Appreciation BBQ!

Who: All members of NorthwestFirearms.com are welcome and encouraged to attend.

What: This will be the first of many member appreciation potluck BBQ's we hope to hold. We're reserving a sheltered area large enough to seat 126 people, and we're going to do our best to make sure we fill it up! NWFA will be providing burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, plates, napkins, water, & soda. I encourage you to bring additional items to share, I know some of you are excellent cooks and it'd be really cool if there was more than just ordinary BBQ food :D

When: The date and time are tentatively set for June 5th, 2010 at 2:00pm. Our reservation has been finalized and paid for.
I wanted to make sure we scheduled it out far enough in advance that hopefully some of you from further out can make the trip.

Where: We've selected <broken link removed> to host this event and we've reserved the Heron Covered Area. I was just informed admission to the park is $3 per vehicle.

Why: Without you, the members of NWFA, this site wouldn't exist. In addition, many members and all our vendors donate money which allow us to cover our ever increasing expenses associated with running this website. This BBQ is our way of saying THANK YOU :s0155:

Rules & Restrictions: This is a member appreciation picnic, not a firearm show and tell. If you do choose to bring a firearm, please make sure it remains holstered at all times or you'll be asked to leave. I'm also going to ask that everyone refrain from conducting any firearm-related transactions at or anywhere near the BBQ, as we do not want the possibility of being associated with an unlawful transaction or present when one occurred. Alcohol is prohibited, and those found drinking will be asked to leave (if park employees find anyone drinking our whole party will be asked to leave).

Help Wanted!

I believe the picnic facility does have a grill or two but it may be a better idea to plan on bringing our own; I've seen the condition of some of those public grills. If any of you are willing to haul your BBQ(s) to the location NWFA would be happy to reimburse you for the cost of the propane/charcoal/pellets/etc. if necessary. We'll also need a few large coolers and ice to keep the beverages cold.

Here we'll make a list of what we have, what we need, and what people have committed to bring. Just reply to this thread and one of us moderators will add you and your info to the list :)

Also, don't forget to vote in the poll and let us know if you'll be attending! We need this information in order to know how much of everything we'll be needing.

"The List"

Hamburgers - NWFA
Hot Dogs - NWFA
Hamburger Buns - NWFA
Hot Dog Buns - NWFA
Ketchup - NWFA
Mustard - NWFA
Mayonnaise - NWFA
Sliced Cheese - NWFA
Paper Plates - NWFA
Napkins - NWFA
Water - NWFA
Soda - NWFA
Green Bean Casserole - Throckmorton
Dessert - Throckmorton
Dessert - bersaguy*
BBQ - deen_ad
BBQ - Wilson
Coolers - Wilson

* May be attending

As some of you probably noticed, the date has been changed from July 24th to June 5th due to the area being booked throughout the summer ;)

Sounds good, I live a few miles away and have a BBQ that'll fit in the back of my Odyssey. Unknown is what else is happening that weekend as we're raising two of the grandkids after my step daughter died a couple years ago.

Since the Court has struck down Seattle's ban on carrying in their parks I wonder if Clark County will remove their "no weapons allowed" signs at the park?

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Hah, the ONLY weekend between now and the 4th July not already marked in my daybook.... so, it looks good for my being there.

I can bring some great coffee....... brewed fresh, from freshly roasted beans.....

anyone know if there is electricity (standard house mains type current) at the venue?

how about water for drinking?

I might even go the extra kilometer and rustle up a batch of puerco adobado.... I'm sure SOMEONE will have some space on a grille for a few chunks.....

Hah, the ONLY weekend between now and the 4th July not already marked in my daybook.... so, it looks good for my being there.

I can bring some great coffee....... brewed fresh, from freshly roasted beans.....

anyone know if there is electricity (standard house mains type current) at the venue?

how about water for drinking?

I might even go the extra kilometer and rustle up a batch of puerco adobado.... I'm sure SOMEONE will have some space on a grille for a few chunks.....

If we are using one of the covered areas, there is electricity available. If I recall correctly, there are also sinks in the countertops for your water.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top