Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NWFA in News at The Oregonian...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cogs, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Glock Jock, orygun, parallax and 10 others like this.
  2. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Nice!

3. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Surprised the fish wrapper put anything positive up.

Cogs and boogerhook like this.
  4. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised because I was just listening to 101.1 FM and the news report on there said it was a 4x4 club doing the clean up no mention of NWFA which really didn't suprise me a bit.
    Stacy

Cogs likes this.
  5. bakersman345

Quick somebody call lars Larson

6. corsar66

corsar66 Clackamas Member

Lars is at Northwest Armory today

7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

8. bakersman345

I almost went down there but its sort of like cheating in my gun shop of preference, also I see Lars at Safeway from time to time. Anyway I did call but got sick of being on hold, to many people freaking out about vaccinations

Cogs likes this.
  9. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I didn't hear a thing, yet, I listen to 101.1 FM all day everyday. If you heard something early enough, before 9 am, then it was in general news. If later, it could have been Robins and Markley. I looked through the 101.1 web site news stories and didn't find any link to a clean up story.

Did they say it was a Mt Hood clean up?

10. scrandall01215

Yes outside of Estacada anyone was welcome. It was on between 0815 - 0845 while I was taking my break and it was in general news before Robins and Merkly
    Stacy

11. Cogs

Wouldn't you know it, those were both times I was in the office or on a job site. I hope they got it right. As in; NWFA and not the 4 x 4, however, I wouldn't doubt it if there is a 4 x 4 work party today. I think there are off road places up Hwy 224.

scrandall01215 likes this.
  12. scrandall01215

I'm not sure I just thought they might be volunteering on the same project also and who ever wrote the piece just didn't want to give credit to a gun group.
    Stacy

Cogs likes this.
  13. Scoop

Scoop Northern Clackamas County New Member

I wish I had time to help with this today. My boys earned their Leave No Trace merit badges when the scout leader found out we take home a big bag of trash whenever we head up river. I figure it's what one guy can do. They had a big clean up on Memaloose a few years back and it took only three weeks for some slobs to fill the pit with trash all over again. Now the first six miles of Mem is shut down to all shooting. Can we lobby for stricter consequences for dumpers? Much like taking your rifle and truck for game violations, take their truck, hand 'em a $20,000 fine, a couple weeks in jail, a noogey and a wet willy for good measure. The only way to stop it is to make the $100 trip to the dump a better option than drivin' up to the hills. This is why gates go up and roads get burmed or taken out completely.

TJdamon likes this.
  14. drewp

drewp 503pdx Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I wouldnt be surprised if a 4x4 group was up there also.

15. Cogs

Watch the news tonight! Channel 2 KATU, Portland. 5 and 6 pm. They'll also have a link on their site. Will post that later.

Over 20 people today. It was fantastic! Did some nice work out there Folks! Thank you!!!

16. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I follow a couple of local 4x4 groups on facebook and while no one on either of those pages was involved I know other groups have done cleanups. So it could have even been a completely independent clean up.

In any case good on you guys.

17. Cogs

Yes Mark, it was another 4 x 4 group. USFS said they had a clean up along some trails up by Hwy 224. I didn't catch their name.

18. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well good I have mentioned our clean up efforts a couple times on the 4x4 pages and plan on getting active in them soon as I get my Willys back on the road.

Cogs likes this.
  19. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Hope your local 4X4 organization is better than than ours over here.