JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well..as a trader..not a seller..the whole "I'll take it" buisness..doesn't really apply to my ads.. But..I agree..there are certain parameters.. "I'll take it" means nothing..if you don't have the cash on hand..or if you live on the opposite end of the state.. "Oh..I get down that way a couple times a year"..etc..

What really irritates me..are the tire kickers..who send you an " I've got this or that..would you be interested?"..and you reply to them..saying "possibly" and asking for some details..and "POOF!!"..they disappear on ya..never to be heard from again.. Why even make an offer..if you really don't wan't the item enough to follow through?

And the other thing ..of course..is when you agree on a deal..set up a time and place..but before the time arrives..they tell you they've had second thoughts.. Second thoughts? Where I come from..you do your thinkin..before you do your agreein.. But..that's just me...

I say you are right on Raindog......you can sleep well doing it that way and most people understand that is the fair way for all concerned......:s0155:

I guess it boils down to what you think your word is worth, and what he values his. They say every man has his price, but I assure you mine is one **** of a lot higher than any pistol is worth. I've been doing a bit of buying/trading/selling of firearms related items lately, and have run into the same irritating problems mentioned in this thread. But I'm only responsible for keeping my side of the street clean, and am too busy to worry about the other guy's side.

This is certainly a good place to vent about it, though. I'm glad you did.

Max

As a buyer, seller and trader it's frustrating to turn someone down because someone else gave an I'll take it, just for that person to disappear. It happens though. For myself, if I tell someone a deal is done I give that person a reasonable chance to fulfill their end.

Rule #1.there are 6.6 billion people on one planet,This does not allow for one individual to ascertain a complete positive Knowledge
of any one individuals Honor and consciousness in a Business transaction.
By that standard, it is almost always an unrealistic expectation to assume any one individual is as good as they're word.

Rule #2. Being that the world with that high of a Population
in extant, is just bound to be a very competitive world, it is common logic that if "YOU" are after an item advertized
in a medium that reaches millions of people, then it is wise for you to get the lead out and bust a move on that item before some smuck with the cash beats you to it,,,,
and you end up with nothing but a thread like this one.

Smiles Man, it happens to all of us.

It would be another story if you had gone there Face to Face and left a cash deposit on the item and asked the guy to hold it for you,,, and then he sold it before you got back to pick it up.
THEN,,, even i would complain and ask questions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top