JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I'd like to know if I'm out of line ?

If someone commits to selling or buying something than backs out or just ghost's "you".
to me that's good reason to leave negative feedback correct ?

Am I out of line by feeling others should know how these individuals have conducted/lack of business via negative feedback ?

Seems to me once a deal has been made via NWFA the seller should mark the ad "SPF" (sold pending funds)
Might be a good idea to make this a requirement ... ?

I didn't even try because I'm not a Richard. I guarantee it's not contract law that held me back. I think it's because I don't want to put a dent in someone else's enjoyment of my favorite hobby.
Actually, it's the other way around. Contract law arises out of centuries of the courts trying to codify what people know in their heart of hearts is the right thing to do. Some people ARE Richards, so the courts are there to enforce what everyone pretty much already agrees is the ethical and right thing to do.

Upvote 0
3aaa13a8651ba8285938e7b8f5aea3e7.jpg

Upvote 0
Well apparently there ARE people on this forum who will give you negative feedback for not meeting with them -.-. Just because someone is desperate for selling something that you're selling doesnt mean they should give you negative feedback because you sold it to someone who could meet somewhere. Sure I didnt say it had already been sold but that's not something to warrant reputation smearing. I've got a full time job and a family, I can't afford the time to respond to the million messages I get when I sell primers :s0120:

I'm totally talking from personal experience. Thanks guy.

Upvote 0
I've had a situation pop up where I agreed to meet with a seller over his pistol, unfortunately I had emergency dental surgery and was forced to back out of the deal until some funding could recover.

I was able to recover and appropriate amount by my next pay period and was able to make the deal happen, I felt bad about having to back out of the deal at the time but followed through when I was able. I kept in pretty close communication with the guy the entire time.

I utilize the feedback ratings on here to see who I am or am not willing to drive out 3+ hours to meet for an item, gas isn't cheap in today's markets. I also do my best to maintain my feedback in good condition as sometimes that's all people have to judge you off of

Upvote 0
Being spread out over 4 states is not conducive to commerce when some items have to be sold/bought face to face. I would LOVE to buy some of the powder or ammo I see on here. But I'm not driving to Portland to get it. The same for a firearm. A nice, reasonably priced rifle is no longer reasonably priced if I have to drive to Bend to do the transaction.
Another example is the guy that lives in the middle of absolutely NOWHERE, and has some really obscure item that he won't ship. The odds of anyone else in middle of absolutely NOWHERE wanting said obscure item are slim to none.
I have had several successful deals on here, but the logistics don't always favor completion in many cases.
:s0136::s0087: You might make some new friends if you went to Potland .:s0140:

Upvote 0
I've had a situation pop up where I agreed to meet with a seller over his pistol, unfortunately I had emergency dental surgery and was forced to back out of the deal until some funding could recover.

I was able to recover and appropriate amount by my next pay period and was able to make the deal happen, I felt bad about having to back out of the deal at the time but followed through when I was able. I kept in pretty close communication with the guy the entire time.

I utilize the feedback ratings on here to see who I am or am not willing to drive out 3+ hours to meet for an item, gas isn't cheap in today's markets. I also do my best to maintain my feedback in good condition as sometimes that's all people have to judge you off of
Communication is the key

I've replied to a few classified adds with a question and had ZERO response even when the seller's profile shows them currently online, or at the very least recently online. Sad because I always have cash in hand. Perhaps they have me on ignore, don't get reply alerts, just lazy....or don't have the actual item to begin with because they already sold it elsewhere and don't have enough respect for their fellow members to manage their post. At any rate, minimal or no comms from a seller/buyer gets them on the ignore list....I don't care to deal with manchildren.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top