JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I'd like to know if I'm out of line ?

If someone commits to selling or buying something than backs out or just ghost's "you".
to me that's good reason to leave negative feedback correct ?

Am I out of line by feeling others should know how these individuals have conducted/lack of business via negative feedback ?

Seems to me once a deal has been made via NWFA the seller should mark the ad "SPF" (sold pending funds)
Might be a good idea to make this a requirement ... ?

I don't think I would give negative feedback for simple backing out, maybe they just changed their mind. Maybe they are having an emergency.
Ideally they should PM the seller and let them know they changed their mind but I don't see a huge loss here when the seller can just put the listing back up after a few days.

Upvote 0
If someone commits to selling or buying something than backs out or just ghost's "you".
to me that's good reason to leave negative feedback correct ?

Yes. As always, it depends on circumstances.

Certainly there is no reason to ghost someone. These transactions typically involve a time commitment in terms of meeting someone, driving, working around schedules, etc. If someone doesn't show up (I don't mean calling to say there's been an emergency and need to reschedule, I mean just never showing up with no communication) then that is a big foul.

Seems to me once a deal has been made via NWFA the seller should mark the ad "SPF" (sold pending funds)
Might be a good idea to make this a requirement ... ?

I always close/lock a thread once I have accepted an offer. Stops endless PMs asking if something is still available.

Upvote 0
Never heard of ghosting before. Id say thats slightly different. Id probably give it a week before giving negative feedback, just in case it was a true emergency. Id also look at their rating on here, if it was a credible person I might try to reach out and ask what happened.

Upvote 0
I'll always try to follow through on what i commit to in a purchase or sale. That being said, circumstances often occur that can change that & a sale is not a sale untill the transaction takes place and people should try and stay flexible in many circumstances.

I received negative feedback for a sale i never committed too & decided to sell to another guy due to being low balled. Heck, i didn't even know i was in negotiations with the individual. That kind of crap is not right in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I have left no negative feedback as to me that seems fairly permanent..
Hints this thread.

The issue seems to mostly be with sellers.

To me once a person says they are going to do something than that's as good as it gets -online.

If a seller wants a deposit and I refuse and they sell it out from under me, we'll that's on me !

A mans word should mean something...

If it's first come first serve the seller should state that, not commit than back out or sell the bubblegum out from under an agreed deal.

im not low balling or even bargaining or making things difficult.

Upvote 0
I'd only leave negative feedback if ghosted or stood up.

If there's at least communication that they had to back out from getting cold feet or some other life issue I can understand. ( Provided it's local, long travel and ghost? Nah that's a negative) I've yet to give a negative remark to anyone here.

Stand by your word!

One thing I've thought of is what prevents people from spoofing + reviews and just trolling with - reviews on someone?

Upvote 0
So if I agree to pay your asking price and to drive 2hrs on Friday and you sell the item to someone else in Thursday that's ok ?
Thats not what i said - until the money has been exchanged its not a deal - you could drive two hours see the firearm and not go forward with the purchase

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure I understand what you meant in your reply, but it does leave some room for interpretation..

typically a deal entails communication/ an agreement, meeting & of course an exchange of goods.
The later can not happen if the first two are not achieved.

Either way....Thanks for your input.

I will be nice and simply ask you to reread my post - it says what it says and nothing more

Upvote 0
Millennials

tenor.gif

Upvote 0
So lets say we come up with a time to meet and I as the buyer say that I'm 30mins late and the other party gets pissed and tells me NVM, does that mean I should get bad feedback? Or should I leave negative feedback for the seller being difficult?

I'm sorry bur I had to back out if deals before, never because I just didn't want to do the deal or changed my mind but because of other reasons usually involving financial burden.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top