JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Update: Try the IceChat client first. It has more features and less bugs then the X-Chat client.

Since a lot of people complain about NWFA's java chat client, I went ahead and built an installer that will install a customized version of X-Chat, one of the popular IRC clients.

You should only need to open the exe and wait 20 or so seconds as it installs. It will leave a 'NWFA Chat' icon on your desktop for you.

<broken link removed>

It will use the same username that windows uses. If this isn't the username you want, go to the XChat menu in the top left of the window, hit Network List, and change all of the instances of the wrong nick in the five boxes, then hit Close and restart the client.

Just for reference, if do have your own irc client, the server's address is irc.ircdotnet.net and the channel is #nwfa.

A note on reliability: The owner of the IRC server changed servers a couple of days ago, hopefully this fixes the reliability.

Please understand that I hacked this together in the middle of the night and it may or may not work for you... Let me know if you have any issues!

IceChat

Here's an alternative client, IceChat, it has a few more features then X-Chat.

<broken link removed>

Again, if the nick it uses isn't what you want, right click on irc.ircdot.net at the top of the list on the left, hit edit, change your nickname, hit save and then close IceChat, and reopen it.

I opened this file,but it shows me as Hack when i log in or post on the chat.
So how do i get my nick to show up ?
Thanks,

edit:
Tried to uninstall XChat and reinstall from the Xchat site,it still shows me as Hack.
With a user name like that,i am a little worried about him now :)

Whoops, screwed that up. I just updated it, download it and install it again, it should fix it.

That's what you get when no one's around to test it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top