JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Guys.

I can assure you, all of the features/feedback/access you once had, can and will be restored. Doing this kind of upgrade can take a long time, and present a lot of road blocks for the one doing the migration. Joey did an awesome job with the migration so far, and the other issues will be resolved in due time.

Most of the things that are being mentioned (trader ratings, badges, front page access) are due to third party addons that NWFA uses, and Joey needs to update those addons to the new version, but also migrate the old data to the new setup. This is a time consuming process, and he can only do it a bit at a time.

It'll be normal soon folks :)

I love the "USER CP" button from the old version. There is another local gun forum that I quit using because their forum software dropped that button when they updated. Am I missing something? I'd really like to have that feature. I will stick this out, though.

I love this forum because of its clear Northwest flavor. And the classifieds make it one-of-a-kind!

I also appreciate your efforts.My opinion unfortianitly is not good.Harder to navigate,way too much unused white space,I cant view the homepage? not authorized.Really? What is supposed to be better? And my pics are 1/2 size as when I posted them.

I love the "USER CP" button from the old version. There is another local gun forum that I quit using because their forum software dropped that button when they updated. Am I missing something? I'd really like to have that feature. I will stick this out, though.

I love this forum because of its clear Northwest flavor. And the classifieds make it one-of-a-kind!
For the people having a hard time finding the "USER CP", at the very top of the page, right hand side, "My Profile" = "User CP". I'm still getting used to this too so I sympathize.

Oh. I cannot send PMs at this point either. Throws a 500 internal server error something or another.

Edit : Maybe it was just a temporary issue. Seemed to be able to just now send a couple just fine..

Added to the list.

It looks like the forum threads are different now in how the URL is built. Here's one: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/fo...46059-custom-50-bmg-inert-bottle-openers.html is now http://www.northwestfirearms.com/showthread.php?46059-Custom-50-BMG-(Inert-Bottle-openers. I know CMS software usually has quite a bit of configuration for how the URL looks. Would be a pity if old links to the forum were broken.

We haven't reinstalled our SEO software, so the URL rewrites are not accurate at this point. They *should* work once we reinstall it, but I'm not sure since we changed the directory too. Added to the list.

Feedback score is displayed but doesn't properly reflect the users feedback.

This is a known issue.

Looks like all the user level badges are down for now

Added to the list.

Hi Guys.

I can assure you, all of the features/feedback/access you once had, can and will be restored. Doing this kind of upgrade can take a long time, and present a lot of road blocks for the one doing the migration. Joey did an awesome job with the migration so far, and the other issues will be resolved in due time.

Most of the things that are being mentioned (trader ratings, badges, front page access) are due to third party addons that NWFA uses, and Joey needs to update those addons to the new version, but also migrate the old data to the new setup. This is a time consuming process, and he can only do it a bit at a time.

It'll be normal soon folks :)

Correct here, thanks Eric.

Your 'USER CP' button is now your 'Settings' button in the top right corner. Everything USER CP was, plus more ;)

What makes this format any better? :huh: Change just for the sake of change doesn't make any sense. Explain please.

I also appreciate your efforts.My opinion unfortianitly is not good.Harder to navigate,way too much unused white space,I cant view the homepage? not authorized.Really? What is supposed to be better? And my pics are 1/2 size as when I posted them.

The major reasons for the upgrade are increased security and the fact that the old site wouldn't be compatible with some of the more advanced features we want to implement here in the future. As vBulletin develops new software they slowly phase out support for their old stuff, like what we were using. This means when new vulnerabilities are found, it's up to us and not them to fix the problem and we wouldn't have any support if there were problems with the software (like we do now).

I'm not able to get logged in via Tapatalk anymore. Doesn't look like I can view as Guest via Tapatalk either.

Tapatalk has not been reinstalled yet. We're holding off on a few of the plugins until we get the current problems worked out.

Jordan, which bar are you referring to?

marty, I was afraid that might happen on low res monitors. I'll be adding the calendar link to the resources tab to free up that space and eliminate overlap.

I'm not a computer tech, but I am assuming that the change to this new system gives huge benefits behind the scenes for the mods and you, Joey, right? It looks as if the switchover will be (and already has) given you endless headaches. But I hope that the benefits on your end are pretty big.

I'm willing to learn a new system since I'm using a product that y'all are gracious enough to offer for the Northwest firearms community. Props to all the moderators for this awesome forum!

Now fix everything RIGHT NOW!! JK

But seriously, maybe now is the time to actually become a supporting user.

In fact...I just did! I'm really happy to support this great forum!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top